Auditions for Voice Actors for the VN Mage Wars (Unpaid)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
dmasterxd
Regular
Completed: Mage Wars
Projects: Falling Star
Organization: Star Guide

Auditions for Voice Actors for the VN Mage Wars (Unpaid)

#1 Post by dmasterxd »

I am currently seeking voice actors for a VN titled Mage Wars. This will be a free project and for fun because I unable to pay you.

Summary: Yuuji Yuki is an amatuer Mage who by pure chance gets involved in a war between Mages to decide who will get to go to the "Promised Land". As he tries to bring peace between the Mages he finds it's not all that easy all the while breaking out of his shell and forging relationships with his fellow Mage friends, Reika, Nicole, Marianna and Nami.

Progress:
Everything is done except for the Script (which is currently at roughly about 19, 346 words) and of course the voice acting.

Major Characters:

Yuuji Yuki-(15 years old) The Protagonist of the story. Yuuji Yuuki is a shy and reclusive young Mage who's magic skills have dwindled due to not practicing. One day he gets an invitation to the Mage Wars in the mail. The further into the story the more confident Yuuji becomes. His specialty and only magical ability is Illusion Magic. (FILLED)

Sample lines:
1. (Awkwardly) "Oh, I'm so sorry! Are you alright?"
2. (Nervous) "I'm not sure. Do you think I could handle it?"
3. (Sad) "I...I don't believe this. Why...why is this happening?"
4. (Confident) "I promise! I'll put an end to these wars and avenge everyone who had to suffer because of them."
5. (Enraged) "You killed my best friend! You're not my Grandfather! You're nothing but a monster!"

Reika-(15 years old), Yuuji's childhood friend who has just returned to Japan to compete in the Mage Wars. She has kind yet serious demeanor. She's also very polite. She specializes in Elemental Magic. (FILLED)

Sample lines
1. (Excited) "Yuuji, is it really you? It's been so long, I almost didn't recognize you."
2. (Solemn) ""Yuuji, eventually this war is going to come down to just you and me. And one of us will die. But I can't let that happen! Because...because I love you Yuuji."
3. (Assertive) "Stay back! I'll handle this Yuuji.
4. (Grateful) "Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.
5. (Angry) "So then, all of this is your fault? I should have known."

Marianna-(14 years old) A cat-girl who has been cursed by another Mage. She is very mysterious and intelligent. She also manged to skip a grade. Marianna specializes in White Magic. (FILLED)
1. (Irritated) "You're too loud."
2. (Interested) "So what's your name? What kind of Magic do you study?"
3. (Pleading) "Please! I'm begging you, free me from this curse."
4. (Angry) "Now get out of my way before I get really serious!"
5. (Jealous) "Haven't you spent enough time with her already?"

Nami-(10 years old; well 15, but she sounds and looks 10), A cheerful and energetic girl while not in combat. However when she is fighting her attitude is more of hostile and calmly threatening. She also sometimes acts slightly yandere. She has mastered every form of Magic. (FILLED)
Sample lines:
1. (Cheerful) "Hey Yuuji! Let's play together, please?"
2. (Gentle/playful yet threatening) "Or you could just run away as fast as you can and maybe I'll get bored and stop chasing you. Maybe."
3. (Sad) "Is there really no Promised Land Yuuji? What are we supposed to do now?"
4. (Enraged) "Someone tell me just what the heck is going on here?! What was the whole point of this anyway?!
5. (Eerily/cocky) "I hope I don't kill you all too easily. I wanna have at least a little fun."
Semi Major Characters:

Yoshi Yuuki-(Late 70's) Yuuji's Grandfather and the secret man behind the enter Mage Wars. Cold and manipulative, he comes across as bitter old man who wants nothing to do with Magic and is the purpose for Yuuji not getting to hone his skills. But really he just doesn't want Yuuji getting involved in the Mage Wars because he deeply cares about him. Yoshi specializes in Alchemy Magic and Dark Magic. (FILLED)

Sample lines:
1. (Serious) Yuuji. I only did it to protect you.
2. (Angry) "And don't ever let me see you practicing Magic in this house again!"
3. (Sorrowful) "If there's one thing I regret. It's not being able to put an end to these wars myself."

Izaki-(15 years old) Yuuji's best friend. He's hyperactive, goofy and outgoing. Unbeknown to Yuuji, Izaki is actually also competing in the Mage Wars. Izaki rarely takes anything seriously and as such is generally carefree. However he does have his moments of seriousness. Specializes in Bardic Magic. (Musical Magic) (FILLED)

Sample lines:
1. (Perky) "Come on bro! Let me hear ya, loud and clear this time! How are you bro!!!!!!!
2. (Bored) "Does anybody know when this class ends? I'm going stir-crazy!
3. (Serious) "Sometimes, you gotta make the hard decisions in life Yuuji."

Kai-(19 years old) A competitor in the Mage Wars who like Yoshi is manipulative and ruthless. He will do anything to get what he wants, no matter what the price is. Kai also has no interest in the Promised Land and is only competing to have fun. He specializes in Demonic Magic. (FILLED)
1. (Calm anger) "So then you're the one who took my invitation. It's cool, I guess. I just make you bleed as payment."
2. (Menacing) "If you come any closer to me. I'll cut off his neck!
3. (False kindness) "It's okay. How about you and I fight this war together? What do you say?"

Vic-(22 years old)-A competitor in the Mage Wars from Cuba. Vic is cold and cynical at the same time however, he does have honor. Vic's specialty is Animal Magic.
1. (Cynical) "You don't understand just how ugly this world really is."
2. (Angry) "I have no patience for someone who can't even stand up for himself.
3. (Dying) "Promise me. Promise me you'll win the Mage Wars, Yuuji. For me and everyone else who's had to suffer because of them."

Alex-(28 years old) A competitor in the Mage Wars from America. Alex prefers to stay at a distance and examine things to see how they play out. She is also a wise woman who many look up to. She specializes in Shaman Magic.
Sample lines:
(Teasing) "Oh, don't worry about it. You'll understand when you're older.
(Sad) "I do miss them yes. But one day, I know I'll get to see my family again."
(Wise) "It's always a good idea to trust yourself before you start trusting others." (FILLED)

Dragon-The legendary dragon said to be the ancestor of all Mages. (Note: He only appears in one route)
Sample lines:
1. "Foolish humans! None of you understand the graveness of your situation."
2. (Boasting) "Please. How could you ever hope to defeat me?!"

Minor Characters:

Haru-(8 years old) A young Mage who gets burden with the task of taking his father's place in the Mage Wars.
Sample lines:
1. (Greeting) "Hi, my name's Haru."
2. (Happy) "So are we gonna get ice cream again today?"

Mages 1-6-(Various Ages)
*Just send me common combat phrases or make up your own or something*

So, if you're interested reply on here, send me a PM or email me at dmaster20001@hotmail.com and specify which character or characters you would like to audition for.

More information and images of the Major and Semi-Major characters can be found here http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 01#p317601
Last edited by dmasterxd on Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:36 am, edited 18 times in total.

Adoxographist
Regular

Re: Auditions for Voice Actors for the VN Mage Wars (Unpaid)

#2 Post by Adoxographist »

Hey there! Just a suggestion, but it might be a good idea to get your script finished or at least mostly completed before you start casting voice actors.
That way, you'll have a better idea of what the characterization or voices you're looking for for each character, or you'll know in advance if you end up changing any original plans for characters and writing one out completely.
I'd love to audition for your project in the future though!

dmasterxd
Regular

#3 Post by dmasterxd »

Adoxographist wrote:Hey there! Just a suggestion, but it might be a good idea to get your script finished or at least mostly completed before you start casting voice actors.
That way, you'll have a better idea of what the characterization or voices you're looking for for each character, or you'll know in advance if you end up changing any original plans for characters and writing one out completely.
I'd love to audition for your project in the future though!
Ah, okay. thanks for your help.

Eeznii
Projects: unnamed homestuck game
Organization: Dream Bubbles Productions

#4 Post by Eeznii »

I agree with Adoxographist. Once you have the script at least half done, I would like to audition for your project.

dmasterxd
Regular

#5 Post by dmasterxd »

Oh by the way everyone the script for the demo is now complete.

Trina
Regular
Projects: Acidic, All The Pretty Flowers, Evolved: Codex Wars, Cafe Memoria, Yggdrasil, Yin/Yang
Tumblr: @TrinaDeuhart

#6 Post by Trina »

I'll send in an audition.

melifiry
Regular
Projects: Mana Aelira, Truth Intact

#7 Post by melifiry »

Do you mind showing us headshots of the characters atleast? If it's an unpaid project, I'd like to see how far the development of the project is before investing time into it.

dmasterxd
Regular

#8 Post by dmasterxd »

melifiry wrote:Do you mind showing us headshots of the characters atleast? If it's an unpaid project, I'd like to see how far the development of the project is before investing time into it.
I've made an edit with the link to where you can see the character images.