Is it time lemma soft forums got a new mascot?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Is it time lemma soft forums got a new mascot?

#16 Post by LVUER »

Shoko wrote:
LVUER wrote:The question has changed from "do we need a new mascot" to "do we need a new logo". IMO, Lemma is good to be LSF mascot... she has a long history ;P
Considering she's both at the moment, it's not far fetched to discuss both. I don't dislike the character design as a mascot, just the fact that the image in which the OP was talking about does nothing to indicate what LSF is about or even bring to mind anything remotely memorable.
Not really. If we want a new mascot, that means we need to change the mascot from Lemma to someone (or something) else, meaning all LSF logo, current and afterwards will have to be changed. But if we only talk about changing current logo since it's out-of-date, we only need to design new logo (with Lemma in it) or simply modernize current logo.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#17 Post by Blue Lemma »

Noooo cover your ears, Lemma! ;_;

Good thing you didn't see the original pic of her drawn by yours truly ;)

I kind of like the idea of a Lemma pic update or Lemma + Eileen dual pic if PyTom likes the idea... Current Lemma has been up there for years now.

(and Lemma would never flash nipple here!)
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Eiliya
Regular

#18 Post by Eiliya »

I really like the character in the logo, simply because she is a typical representation of the kind of girl that would appear in the old-school visual novels I used to play back in my time. I do, however, agree that the image itself does not say anything what-so-ever about what kind of forum this is. If I was surfing the web and found that logo without any kind of explanation related to it, I would probably not click it, thinking it was a fansite to some old game I didn't know about or something.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#19 Post by Taleweaver »

Blue Lemma wrote:Noooo Good thing you didn't see the original pic of her drawn by yours truly ;)
I have. It wasn't that bad.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira