Crimson Rafflesia [Psych|Thriller|GxB/BxG] Demo - 26 Sep

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

Re: Crimson Rafflesia [Psych|Thriller|GxB/BxG] Demo - 31 Dec

#346 Post by Coren »

Feeling slightly better, though not completely normal yet. Will get back to chugging though!

Minari Cipher
Regular
Projects: Seasons of Love, The Dare to Gamble, Halloween Otome (Beta Tester)

#347 Post by Minari Cipher »

Glad that you're feeling better. Take your time making this game (especially that this is a big game) and we wouldn't want to take the risk of your health. :)
We will wait patiently :mrgreen:.
Seasons of Love (Little Helpers)
The Dare to Gamble (Writer)

Fuyuko

#348 Post by Fuyuko »

Hope you'll get better soon and finish this amazing game. I can wait a little longer

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

#349 Post by Haze »

I thought the thing with Wuthering Heights, and the scenes based off that, was interesting, too. I don't know much about Wuthering Heights because I read it, and then I got to the part where Catherine says "I don't love Edgar, but I'm going to marry him! For money and high social standing! Then, by doing that, I can help Heathcliff since he has a low social standing!" and then Heathcliff only hears that last part and thinks Catherine doesn't love him. I got disgusted with the book, and I couldn't read it any more. Maybe I'll pick it up again, though, to see if it ties into your story. I've also read a book based on Wuthering Heights, but that's not the real thing.
.... Don't expect it to tie in too much, heh. It wasn't supposed to be much of a metaphor for the main plot, but it has some relevance, subplot-wise.
Sorry for the super late response, heh.

"Only a subplot", huh? Oh well! This game still sounds like it'll be awesome. And hey, now I won't need to force myself to read Wuthering Heights!(unless I want to, of course. XD)

Oh, and hope you feel better soon! :D
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo

#350 Post by Coren »

Thanks a lot, guys! :) Also, I'm slowly recovering, so progress will hopefully pick up. Will focus on this 100% after Six Rules is released (most likely) next week.

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#351 Post by pickle131 »

Congrats on the release soon! And glad to hear you're feeling better ^^
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#352 Post by Coren »

Now that Six Rules has been released, I'll be focusing on this 100%. Wheeeee

dreamy
Regular
Organization: Cloud9 Dreams
Tumblr: fey-en

#353 Post by dreamy »

Hi!
I just played the game and I think it's very interesting so far. I am aware this is extremely late but I'd like to give me thoughts on the game.
1.What do you think of the game so far?
The game is well very interesting. I would definitely love to see more of the story and more about each of the characters
2. Who are generally your favourite characters, and why?
Well, I definitely like Sho
It's really fun to play as a sadist who has an urge to kill people even though I'm pretty skeptical that she doesn't have any reason to do so or that she hasn't had any traumatizing experience during her childhood
I also like Aurelia
Like she pretends to be so nice to others but secretly works with the NLF and determined to get revenge on Erik Faraday
Well also, Layner seems to be an interesting guy too...
3. What are some questions you want answered the most in the full game?
I'd like to find out more about
Sho's, Flora's, Mikaela's and Chloe's past-it seems to be the root of all the ongoing problems.
I'd also like to find out more about the NLF. Are they actually good? What's Coil's reason for leading the NLF? I'd also like to find out what happened at the start of the story because it seems as if a lot has happened which led to a lot of deaths. Was the start of the story from Sho's perspective?
4. What do you predict are answers to these questions?
About Sho and Flora's past I don't really know, they look like they were in the same orphanage and friends but did Flora ruin Sho's life or something since Sho doesn't like children? I'm also quite doubtful of Mikaela, was there a reason Sho killed her in the first place? Did she do something bad? From the looks of it, it seems that Chloe wants to get back at Sho so badly because she murdered everyone that Chloe had? I think Sho started killing everyone when that building was on fire.
5. Which characters do you find the most curious or interesting? (Can overlap with #1)
Basically I'm pretty curious about all the characters
What happened in Sho's past? Why would Erik hire such a dangerous girl? Why did Aurelia join the NLF? How much does Layner know?
I have a lot of questions about each character.
6. What do you generally think of the story so far?
The story is going pretty well I guess. It's quit intriguing and I absolutely adore twisted plots, especially when there's a lot of dark mysteries and murders hehe :P

And my favourite scenes would probably be when Sho confronts Kaison for the first time it made me thing Sho was a yandere or something. I also like the pretty drawings of Fuuka. She did look quite bubbly.
I am excited for the full version of the game to come. Can't wait! Good luck with the project! :lol:
P.S. Let me know if I have to put any spoiler tags up there :shock:

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#354 Post by Coren »

Haha thanks for the review. :) By the way, just because Sho says there's nothing doesn't mean there is. She's a compulsive liar, you see, if "I'm a kind person. I help old ladies across the street" is any indication.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#355 Post by Coren »

It’s about time I posted another Crimson Rafflesia update, so here you go!

This is the 12-year-old Mikasa Ryuudou (龍堂 美傘, Ryuudou Mikasa), a heiress for a grand corporation who has recently awoken from a coma. She is energetic, a little mischievous, and a little wise beyond her years.

Fun Tidbit: She is related to Ryuuichi and Ryuuzaki Ryuudou, from Azurextwilight's RE:Set series.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

Re: Crimson Rafflesia [Psych|Thriller|GxB/BxG] Demo - 16 MAR

#356 Post by Coren »

Aaaand Mikasa is done!

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#357 Post by Coren »

Working on Mikaela's route! It now has two endings.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#358 Post by Coren »

Oops, I don't think I've updated her:

Congratulations to azureXtwilight-rllz for getting third place in the Soyasushi Fan Contest! :) As a prize, she'll have an original character appearance in Crimson Rafflesia. After much discussion, I managed to get her character, Lynn, well integrated into the plot, so we'll see much of her from now on.

Lynn is a 26-year-old up-and-coming popular romance novelist, or in azureXtwilight-rllz's own words, she is the "Stephenie Meyer" of that era (aka successful from writing bad romance fanfiction, yeah). She is well-mannered and polite, and loves to dream. However, there's more to her that meets the eye, and she knows more than it seems.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

Re: Crimson Rafflesia [Psych|Thriller|GxB/BxG] Demo - 6 Apri

#359 Post by Coren »

I know updates have been ridiculously slow, so here's one just for the meantime. In case anyone's ever wondered what Larsen's precious cousin Fuuka-chan looks like, here she is:
It appears in the epilogue of the path in which you find out what Larsen and his family has to hide! :)

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

Re: Crimson Rafflesia [Psych|Thriller|GxB/BxG] Demo - 26 Apr

#360 Post by pickle131 »

Bawh, she's so cute!
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]