Y;N [Mystery & Psychological Horror, inkl Point&Click]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Mirrowdothack
Regular
Completed: The Iron Heart Witch
Projects: Y;N, Crime•Scene

Y;N [Mystery & Psychological Horror, inkl Point&Click]

#1 Post by Mirrowdothack »

Hello guys,
I'm happy to annouce that my first VN is now ready for public beta-testing. I'm totally excited *_____*

Here is the link (Win, Mac, Lin)

A walktrough/guide can be found at this site, too: http://mirrowdothack.com/yin.html
Facebook-Page: https://www.facebook.com/yinVN (if you enjoyed the game, you may give it a like^^)

It would be totally awesome if you could give me a small feedback about your thoughts.
For those who enjoyed the game and would like to tell me this but don't like to write comments you can also like the game on its facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/yinVN

If you shoul have any trouble running the game, please tell me.
If you find any grammar or spelling mistakes, please tell me. It would be great if you could post them in a comment below. I'm not a native speaker but I tried my very best. So if you notice something and tell me I can change it in the game, thank you^^

Quick Facts:
Genre: (Soft-)Horror, Mystery
Playtime:~4-5h
Gamplay: VN + Point&Click
Endings: 6
Episodes: 5
WIP-Forum: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=24824

Plot summary:
Imagine you wake up and find yourself sitting on a death-chair. You have no idea what's going on and why you were there. Someone claims you have kill someone but you knew you haven't done a damn thing. What would you do?

That's exactely the situation Yin found herself in. Desperately protesting against this statement Yin managed wakes up in a prison cell. A male voice starts to talk to her. Introducing himself as Keith Amon McInnes he tells Yin that the world around them is called the void and that every person whoever ends up here deserves it. Yin denies that thesis and claimes her innocence. All she wants is to wake up from this nightmare.

Main Cast:

ImageImageImageImageImage

One stays secret^^

Preview:
intro.jpg
void01.jpg
void02.jpg
handy.jpg
Last edited by Mirrowdothack on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 13 times in total.
My games:
Image Image

buttdumpling
Regular
Projects: Dämmerung

Re: Y;N [Mystery & Psychological Horror, inkl Point&Click]

#2 Post by buttdumpling »

first off, I just finished the game, and WOW!!!! It was SO AWESOME!! Like, every single part of this game was fantastic!!
If you told me that this was a $30 game that was translated by fans I would totally believe it.

The only issues you have with the writing are a bunch of spelling errors. I tried to catalogue them, but there were a bunch and I couldn't really keep up. To fix it, you can either share your script with an english speaker you trust, or use an online spellchecker (I looked up "english spell check") and then upload the game again & continue to have people look for errors.

I would suggest that you change "thesis" to "argument" when it's used in the Trials. In american academia, an "argument" is a specific point that helps prove a thesis. In american law, the thesis is called the case.
so in the game, Charon makes a *case* that Yin killed her sister, and *argument* #11 is that the victim is not Yang.

In regards to coding and playability, there were only a few issues.
*in Trial 3 when I was proving that yang's parents didn't love her, I would click on the photo of the playground she was abandoned at, and it would bring me back to thesis #6, and I'd have to redo parts.

*I never found the first two letters, so I guess I can't get a different ending with Keith? Also, I never found out what the blonde girl covered in blood had to do with anything. If the game is meant to be replayed, you will probably want to add a "skip" function so players can get through parts they've already played faster.

*When clicking "push" to escape from the spider lady, I had a really hard time doing it quickly enough because I use a trackpad instead of a mouse.

*the math on the chalkboard bit totally baffled me, I had to use trial-and-error to find out the locker combination. It might be a difference between america and other countries, but I had no idea what the difference between = and => was. I still have no idea how to answer those problems.

*at the end of the game when you leave keith, when I opened my inventory it took me to the first Thesis of the final Trial, and I couldn't get out. I had to restart my game to fix it.
thanks so much for making this game, I hope you get an awesome grade on your thesis!! you deserve it!

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#3 Post by Mirrowdothack »

Thank you so much for your nice feedback. I'm totally happy that you enjoyed the game that much^^
(I seriously started to dance ^^")

I updated the game.
Version 2.2 should fix the bugs you've found and it also includes the possibility to skip text and riddles in the second playtrough^^
You will also have more time in that quick time event^^

I also tried to correct grammar and spellings mistakes via http://spellcheckplus.com/ (thank you so much for the advice^^) The game should include much fewer mistakes.

There are a few things I haven't done yet - not because I'm not planning to, but simply because I'm really tired now (it took me about 6h to check to spelling alone XD
- I'm thinking about the school math riddle. You have to create the digit sum of result until there is only one number. Each calculation will result in one number, so that you will have 5 digits for the locker code.
(btw: I'm totally impressed that you made it with trial and error Oo)

- the second thing I haven't done yet is to change "thesis". I'm still not sure how to use "case" and argument" correctly?
Is Keith using arguments and Charon's thesis would be cases? Would that be correct?
Thank you so much again. I'm really happy *________*
Last edited by Mirrowdothack on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
My games:
Image Image

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#4 Post by Mirrowdothack »

Hello everybody^^
Here is a little trailer/teaser I created for the game, which i now available at:

http://mirrowdothack.vnovel.com/yin.html

Hope you guys enjoy it.^^
(Btw I think the trailer is much more scarier than the game actually is XD)
Last edited by Mirrowdothack on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
My games:
Image Image

victorita9
Regular

#5 Post by victorita9 »

seriously, this game is insanely good. The only issue I had with the endings was that it was like different pieces left to let everyone know there was a sequel, and there is no sequel to play right now.

KiloTango
Regular
Projects: The Lighthouse (NaNoReNo14)
Organization: Starship ★ Palindrome

#6 Post by KiloTango »

I'm a mac user, if you do a build I'm up for running though it (not in a 'can I break it' way, just a 'will it run') because this looks great and I can't seem to get the zip open for some reason.

Really looking forward to playing this!
ImageImageImage

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#7 Post by Mirrowdothack »

KiloTango wrote:I'm a mac user, if you do a build I'm up for running though it (not in a 'can I break it' way, just a 'will it run') because this looks great and I can't seem to get the zip open for some reason.
Really looking forward to playing this!
I'm happy to hear that you'd like to play my game. I was asked a few days ago for a Mac Build so I did one. I hope it will work *since I don't have a Mac I couldn't test it.

The Mac Version can be downloaded here: http://mirrowdothack.vnovel.com/yin.html

If you have any trouble running the game, please let me know. I will try my very best to help you out.
I hope you will enjoy it. Wish you much fun^^

-----------------
victorita9 wrote:seriously, this game is insanely good. The only issue I had with the endings was that it was like different pieces left to let everyone know there was a sequel, and there is no sequel to play right now.
Thank you soooooooo much ♥
I'm happy you enjoyed it *_____*
Last edited by Mirrowdothack on Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My games:
Image Image

KiloTango
Regular

#8 Post by KiloTango »

If you have any trouble running the game, pleae let me know. I will try my very best to help you out.
It's running and I'm enjoying it so far, but I've run in to trouble early with
The origami figures. I read the story and it's obviously about putting them in positions that match the zodiac but Yin keeps insisting I need to look for more clues and while I get a hand cursor I can't seem to pick up the icons. I have the 3 letters, sewing machine and jack in the box...
I can't quite tell if it's a bug or me figuring out how to maybe progress on a puzzle earlier than you expect (but it doesn't seem a big leap of logic for someone to make).

If you don't mind some nitpicking crit from where I've got to so far (they are super finicky things but will just add some extra polish):

- I'm really not sure about the clicking noise as the text appears, it pulls me out of the atmosphere of the game a little.

- Consider some padding on the textbox, about the the same size as your text line height: The rest is so graphically lovely that it's worth making the textbox typographically nice as well instead of the text bumping up against the edges.

- Maybe consider doing the narration in the text box instead of in NVL (this might need Yin's narration to have a nametag). The reason I suggest this, is because as you're reading, most of the time your eye is down in the bottom left but then suddenly the text is in the top lefts and it's a little bit jarring. Not enough to be a huge problem but it'll be a smoother reading experience if it doesn't happen. :)

Finicky design bits out the way, I'm really enjoying it so far. The opening is very effective, the sprites and backgrounds are great and the atmosphere is really solid. I actually just opened it up the check the file worked but had to keep playing until I hit the snag mentioned above... I can't wait to see the rest of the game! :)

EDIT: I found the
Diary, which is enough to make Yin attempt the puzzle, but drag and drop doesn't seem to be working. Did you update Ren'py before you packaged the build?
I think this might be an issue with me being on a Retina macbook because some wild clicking did eventually grab me something, but not what I was clicking on. Which is weird because all the other click targeting seems to be fine, it's just drag and drop.

EDIT AGAIN: Tried running it on my iMac as well (which isn't retina) and I'm having the same drag and drop issues.
ImageImageImage

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#9 Post by Mirrowdothack »

KiloTango wrote:
If you have any trouble running the game, pleae let me know. I will try my very best to help you out.
It's running and I'm enjoying it so far, but I've run in to trouble early with
The origami figures. I read the story and it's obviously about putting them in positions that match the zodiac but Yin keeps insisting I need to look for more clues and while I get a hand cursor I can't seem to pick up the icons. I have the 3 letters, sewing machine and jack in the box...
I can't quite tell if it's a bug or me figuring out how to maybe progress on a puzzle earlier than you expect (but it doesn't seem a big leap of logic for someone to make).
It's not a bug you'll need something to go on.^^
Check the jack in the box once again, you will get a key to open the dresser. There you will find the clue^^
KiloTango wrote: If you don't mind some nitpicking crit from where I've got to so far (they are super finicky things but will just add some extra polish):

- I'm really not sure about the clicking noise as the text appears, it pulls me out of the atmosphere of the game a little.
I'll think about it.
KiloTango wrote: - Consider some padding on the textbox, about the the same size as your text line height: The rest is so graphically lovely that it's worth making the textbox typographically nice as well instead of the text bumping up against the edges.
I have to admit that I did not really know how to change the textbox. *stupid me ^^"
But I going to try it out^^
KiloTango wrote: - Maybe consider doing the narration in the text box instead of in NVL (this might need Yin's narration to have a nametag). The reason I suggest this, is because as you're reading, most of the time your eye is down in the bottom left but then suddenly the text is in the top lefts and it's a little bit jarring. Not enough to be a huge problem but it'll be a smoother reading experience if it doesn't happen. :)
I guess you're right about it. The reason I've chosen the nvl mode was because I wanted to make sure that the player can differ better between the narrator and the character *hope someone can understand this sentence XD
KiloTango wrote: Finicky design bits out the way, I'm really enjoying it so far. The opening is very effective, the sprites and backgrounds are great and the atmosphere is really solid. I actually just opened it up the check the file worked but had to keep playing until I hit the snag mentioned above... I can't wait to see the rest of the game! :)
Thank you so much so far for the feedback. I'm really happy you are enjoying the game so far and I hope you will enjoy the rest of it, too^^
Last edited by Mirrowdothack on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
My games:
Image Image

KiloTango
Regular

#10 Post by KiloTango »

Mirrowdothack wrote: It's not a bug you'll need something to go on.^^
check the jack in the box once again, you will get a key to open the dresser. there you will find the clue^^
Cool, I've found that now but you might want to adjust the phrasing cause it feels weird she wouldn't try when there's a big
It is probably the zodiac
clue right there. :)

I've not been able to test if that is actually the answer because it look like drag and drop is actually broken on mac (see above edits). But if it isn't, it might be worth
letting the player try the zodiac order, and THEN going 'oh, maybe there are more clues'
Mirrowdothack wrote: I have to admit that I did not really know how to change the textbox. *stupid me ^^"
But I going to try it out^^
It's in the options.rpy file iirc. It might also be worth making the box not the whole width (or having BIG padding on the sides) just because as you're in widescreen you potentially could have some very very long line lengths and that gets hard to read.
Mirrowdothack wrote: I guess your right about it. The reason I've choosen the nvl mode was because I wanted to make sure thet the player can differ better between the narrator and the charakter *hope someone can understand this sentence XD
That makes a lot of sense. A different colour or font on the narrator and/or using a tag on Yin would make it clear enough though. They do it nicely in Taarradhin for example.
Mirrowdothack wrote:Thank you so much so far for the feedback. I'm really happy you are enjoying the game so far and I hope you will enjoy the rest of it, too^^
You're welcome! :) When stuff is really solid already it's worth honing in on the little details I think :D
ImageImageImage

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#11 Post by Mirrowdothack »

KiloTango wrote: Cool, I've found that now but you might want to adjust the phrasing cause it feels weird she wouldn't try when there's a big
It is probably the zodiac
clue right there. :)
I was thinking about it,
but then I remembered that there a reason you have to find a certain item in the locker.
KiloTango wrote: I've not been able to test if that is actually the answer because it look like drag and drop is actually broken on mac (see above edits). But if it isn't, it might be worth
letting the player try the zodiac order, and THEN going 'oh, maybe there are more clues'
In your version is no drag and drop function. I kinda totally forget to implement it ...
(right now you can only click on one origami figure and then on the number)
I'm currently uploading one, where you can drag and drop them *it would be awesome if you may check if it's working on a Mac as well (I also figured out that there is one all-platform-build OTL... *can't believe that I have never checked out what this really mean also it totally obvious ....*)
KiloTango wrote: It's in the options.rpy file iirc. It might also be worth making the box not the whole width (or having BIG padding on the sides) just because as you're in widescreen you potentially could have some very very long line lengths and that gets hard to read.
Thank you^^.
It will be included in the version that I'm uploading right now^^
KiloTango wrote: That makes a lot of sense. A different colour or font on the narrator and/or using a tag on Yin would make it clear enough though. They do it nicely in Taarradhin for example.
I added some padding in the narrator box. I think I will keep on using the nvl mode for now since the player can also read books and stuff in it. I hope this will help, too^^
KiloTango wrote: You're welcome! :) When stuff is really solid already it's worth honing in on the little details I think :D
Thank you again for your feedback.
If you have any more suggestions, please let me know.
I really appreciate you guys support^^

----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: The current version can be downloaded here:

http://mirrowdothack.vnovel.com/yin.html

It includes:
- drag and drop function
- padding/margin in text box
- padding in nvl-mode
- and it's my fist all-platform export, so I wonder if it will work on a Mac and Linux *I guess it should, but I'm not sure^^"
Last edited by Mirrowdothack on Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My games:
Image Image

KiloTango
Regular

#12 Post by KiloTango »

Okay, played through (On OSX Mavericks, if keeping track for testing).

Generally, I really liked it! The concept is killer and the story and characters are solid. There's some really great images and set pieces as well. It's creepy when it needs to be creepy and BURNING SPIRIT where it needs to be that. I loved the mixing of elements where it's almost like 2 worlds crashing into each other
Like the crime tape in the church, the PHONES, etc
. There's some elements that felt very Umineko, but that's not a bad thing here. (I mean, biased because I love me some Umineko but...)

Conceptually it's great, the game play works well and when the first
trial
started I had so much glee.

There's a few things I think could be honed to improve it, because it's on a really good base so the bits that aren't quite as polished are noticable. Crit then:

Mechanics:
While most of the time it wasn't too hard to find things, having hover-states (either as something lighting up when hovered over, or a label appearing by the cursor) would make the pixel-hunting parts much nicer, massively so. There's a few trial questions where I resorted to clicking randomly but that's just the nature of this kind of story anyway. The zodiac puzzle is still a bit of an issue so I wonder if there's another way you could force getting the things from the drawer: the answer is the Chinese zodiac order and if you know it you can do it without the book puzzle. That said, the drag and drop was way more intuitive than the click thing. Hover states will make it more obvious when you're in the right place; there's a few animals with slightly odd hitboxes. As a whole the puzzles were a decent difficultly level, hard enough to make you think about it but not so much that it slows you up for too long. The only one that really threw me for a while was the blackboard for getting into the teacher's locker, and that's just because as a programmer, when I see '<=' I think "less than or equal to" so it took me a while to notice the last steps were about digit combining. That said, I've never seen ':' to mean divide before: most of the time people use a '/'. One other thing that stood out is you could stand to make it clearer when the argument is something you're meant to prove and when it's something you should disprove, because the 2nd trail in particular threw me there, particularly the first ones where I was meant to prove that Yin has friends but it looked like I was meant to disprove it.
Presentation:
Generally this was really solid but there were a few bits of music that really stood out as having too short a music look. Keith's trial was the biggest offender, to the point I was considering muting my audio because it's a very short loop and plays for a long time. I'm still in the middle of Lighthouse but I was considering offering to write you a couple of loops for trials because it's a shame for the music to not be as solid as the rest of those sequences as everything else is so good. You could also do with a native speaker looking through to help catch some of the typos etc in it as well. There's quite a few and the odd slightly awkward bit of phrasing that'd be worth catching just to polish it up. (Biggest one that stands out is Yin saying 'Eck' instead of 'Eek' a lot).
Those are all pretty fine-grain points though, and as a whole I really liked it.
Phoenix Wright meets Silent Hill
is genius as a concept. And I was meant to be doing so much work this afternoon that accidentally turned into NO I MUST FINISH THIS GAME NOW.

Ending questions:
I've gotten Chess, Fog, Reunion (I was a bit confused with that cause it seemed to imply I'd picked to kill Yang) and Freedom as endings, are there any more? It might be worth numbering them.
It'd be interesting to see more in the setting, I really dig the visual stylings of the Void.
Kami
is prettying intriguing and clearly there's more to tell there.

But anyway, this was really badass, great job and I can't wait to see more of your stuff :)

EDIT: ps...
The Opening Post wrote:Genre: Psychological Horror, Mystery (I also like to call it a Soft-Horror-Game, it doesn't include much blood or stuff like that, so you won't get too scared^^)
I know you probably meant like visceral gore in that comment but you nearly drown the poor girl in an actual SEA of blood! XD I don't mind at all because the creepy-factor was great but it was very funny reading that sentence again after playing the game.
ImageImageImage

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#13 Post by Mirrowdothack »

KiloTango wrote:Okay, played through (On OSX Mavericks, if keeping track for testing).

Generally, I really liked it! The concept is killer and the story and characters are solid. There's some really great images and set pieces as well. It's creepy when it needs to be creepy and BURNING SPIRIT where it needs to be that. I loved the mixing of elements where it's almost like 2 worlds crashing into each other
Like the crime tape in the church, the PHONES, etc
. There's some elements that felt very Umineko, but that's not a bad thing here. (I mean, biased because I love me some Umineko but...)
I'm happy to hear you liked the game *________*
I totally love
Umineko
and I can't and won't deny that I got some inspiration from it^^
KiloTango wrote: Conceptually it's great, the game play works well and when the first
trial
started I had so much glee.

There's a few things I think could be honed to improve it, because it's on a really good base so the bits that aren't quite as polished are noticable. Crit then:

Mechanics:
While most of the time it wasn't too hard to find things, having hover-states (either as something lighting up when hovered over, or a label appearing by the cursor) would make the pixel-hunting parts much nicer, massively so.
Usually the cursor should change into a loupe when you're able to investigate things. Doesn't it work? Or wasn't that too obvious?
KiloTango wrote:
There's a few trial questions where I resorted to clicking randomly but that's just the nature of this kind of story anyway. The zodiac puzzle is still a bit of an issue so I wonder if there's another way you could force getting the things from the drawer: the answer is the Chinese zodiac order and if you know it you can do it without the book puzzle. That said, the drag and drop was way more intuitive than the click thing. Hover states will make it more obvious when you're in the right place; there's a few animals with slightly odd hitboxes.
I make a change right now:
You can solve the puzzle from the very beginning, but when you about to leave, Yin will say that there are still some areas to investigate (if you haven't investigated the drawer) and (if you have noticed that it is locked) she will say that there might be something useful inside of it. Do you think that this is a better solution?

I'm currently trying to let the mouse cursor change like it was in the click-version, but it seems that the current Ren'Py build doesn't allow me to use a mouse or a hover statement for draggroups. I also tried to simply drag imagebuttons, but its hover/mouse function was totally ignored when I put it in the drag-child of the drag group. Also, it does not seem to be able to highlight the drop-areas while dragging. I put an imagemap below the drag-group, but that solution did not work either. I could only highlight those areas while I was not dragging stuff. Know I have no idea how I could change this
KiloTango wrote:
As a whole the puzzles were a decent difficultly level, hard enough to make you think about it but not so much that it slows you up for too long. The only one that really threw me for a while was the blackboard for getting into the teacher's locker, and that's just because as a programmer, when I see '<=' I think "less than or equal to" so it took me a while to notice the last steps were about digit combining. That said, I've never seen ':' to mean divide before: most of the time people use a '/'.

In Germany we use ":" as a symbol division, but if this is not common outside our land I will change it into "/" and change the "=>" into an arrow.
It looks like this now: Do you think this is better?
KiloTango wrote:
One other thing that stood out is you could stand to make it clearer when the argument is something you're meant to prove and when it's something you should disprove, because the 2nd trail in particular threw me there, particularly the first ones where I was meant to prove that Yin has friends but it looked like I was meant to disprove it.
Hmm...
I hoped Keith's sentence at the start of that trial would make it obvious:

keith "First, we should make sure Charon can't counter with her old arguments so let's negate them once and for all."
keith "Charon, you said Yin is a lonely person and treated as an outsider. But I'm not with you so it's time for a counterattack."
keith "In order to show that Yin is no outsider we will prove those arguments .

But maybe that's not enough. I'll think about it^^
KiloTango wrote:
Presentation:
Generally this was really solid but there were a few bits of music that really stood out as having too short a music look. Keith's trial was the biggest offender, to the point I was considering muting my audio because it's a very short loop and plays for a long time. I'm still in the middle of Lighthouse but I was considering offering to write you a couple of loops for trials because it's a shame for the music to not be as solid as the rest of those sequences as everything else is so good.
That ... would ... totally ... be awesome *__*. I love the music of lighthouse so much ♥ So there is no way I'm gonna say no. I would totally love that *thank u so much for the offering *_______*
I'm not really good at doing music, so I took some piece from freesound.org
KiloTango wrote:
You could also do with a native speaker looking through to help catch some of the typos etc in it as well. There's quite a few and the odd slightly awkward bit of phrasing that'd be worth catching just to polish it up. (Biggest one that stands out is Yin saying 'Eck' instead of 'Eek' a lot).
buttdumpling, USA, was incredible kind and read over the text, but I guess it's simply pretty much and so she may have missed some stuff.
About her "Eck". I looked it up in dict.cc Maybe this is something the differs between UK-English and US-English? When I put "Eek" in dict.cc the website doesn't even know it XD
I don't really know native speakers. I asked buttdumpling right after she had played the beta, but before that I didn't even know her *still touched *____*, that she did it ♥
KiloTango wrote:Those are all pretty fine-grain points though, and as a whole I really liked it.
Phoenix Wright meets Silent Hill
is genius as a concept. And I was meant to be doing so much work this afternoon that accidentally turned into NO I MUST FINISH THIS GAME NOW.
You have no idea how happy I am to hear this ♥
Btw: When I have to explain the game to some friends I told them: Well, it's a mix of PW and SH XD I guess that simply puts it together^^
KiloTango wrote:Ending questions:
I've gotten Chess, Fog, Reunion (I was a bit confused with that cause it seemed to imply I'd picked to kill Yang) and Freedom as endings, are there any more? It might be worth numbering them.
Yes there are more:
Two more Endings (The P.-End is the True Ending btw). Either you have mised to talk with Keith *you need to talk to him about each topic, or you havenÄt found at least 16/17 green letters. There is an ending guide: mirrowdothack.vnovel.com/yin_endingguide.html
KiloTango wrote:It'd be interesting to see more in the setting, I really dig the visual stylings of the Void.
Kami
is prettying intriguing and clearly there's more to tell there.

But anyway, this was really badass, great job and I can't wait to see more of your stuff :)
Thank you again so much for your feedback ♥ It was totally helpful and once again: I'm really happy that you enjoyed my first game^^
I'll try to put in the changes I mentioned and uploaded the current version, too.
KiloTango wrote: EDIT: ps...
The Opening Post wrote:Genre: Psychological Horror, Mystery (I also like to call it a Soft-Horror-Game, it doesn't include much blood or stuff like that, so you won't get too scared^^)
I know you probably meant like visceral gore in that comment but you nearly drown the poor girl in an actual SEA of blood! XD I don't mind at all because the creepy-factor was great but it was very funny reading that sentence again after playing the game.

Yeah, now that I think about it, it's really funny ^^
I should probably change this ... in the description XD

------

Edit: This post just look incredible funny to me XD
Last edited by Mirrowdothack on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
My games:
Image Image

KiloTango
Regular

#14 Post by KiloTango »

Mirrowdothack wrote:Usually the cursor should change into a loupe when you're able to invetigate stuff. Doesn't it work? Or wasn't its to obvoius?
It's pretty obvious, but giving some indication of WHAT you're hovering over on would make it even clearer.
Mirrowdothack wrote:I did a change right now:
You can solve the puzze from the very beginning, but when you about to leave, Yin will say that there are still some areas to investigate (if you haven't investigate the drawer) and (if you have notice that it is locked) she will say that there might be something useful inside of it. Do you think that this is a better solution?
Loads better!
Mirrowdothack wrote:
I'm currently trying to let the mouse cursor change like it was in the click-version, but it seems that the current renpy build doesn't allow me to use a mouse or a hover statement for draggroups. I also tried to simply drag imagebuttons, but its hover/mouse function was totally ignore when i put in in the drag-child of the drag group. Also it does not seem to be able to highlight the drop-areas while dragging. I put an imagemap below the draggroup but that soluation did not work either. I could only highlight thoses areas while I was not dragging stuff. Know I have no idea how I could change this
I'm not sure. It's not quite such a big issue now, there's a couple of animals with slightly odd hitboxes but not enough to be a huge problem so I wouldn't worry.
Mirrowdothack wrote:
In Germany we uses ":" as a symbol division, but if this is not common outside our land I will change it to "/" and change the "=>" into an arrow
It looks like this now:
http://mirrowdothack.vnovel.com/meineBi ... dNew01.jpg

http://mirrowdothack.vnovel.com/meineBi ... dNew02.jpg

Do you think this is better?
That's massively clearer! I think that brings the difficulty down to the level of the other puzzles.
Interestingly the old arrow actually kinda showed the numerical operation you were doing so this hides that a little while also not looking like an existing operator. As for the :, I've never seen it without the line in the middle, so if I was writing it in a school room I'd probably write '÷' (and 'x' for multiply), but if you're writing it in code, it's '/'... which goes with using '*' for multiply.
Mirrowdothack wrote:
Hmm...
I hope Keith's sentence at the start of that trial would make it obvious:

keith "First, we should make sure Charon can't counter with her old theses so let's negate them once and for all."
keith "Charon, you said Yin is a lonely person and treated as an outsider. But I'm not with you so it's time for a counterattack."
keith "In order to show that Yin is no outsider we will prove those theses.

But maybe that's not enough. I'll think about it^^
His dialogue makes it sort of clear, but it's the bit in the menu for picking evidence that throws you: iirc the 'I can't disprove this' button is still there, so either phrase the argument in the bottom left to be something to disprove, or change the button to say 'I can't prove' this and the confusion should be gone. Because it breaks the pattern you're used to, you want to make sure it's extra clear in the game interface as well as the preceding dialogue.
Mirrowdothack wrote:That ... would ... totally ... be awesome *__*. I love the music of lighthouse so much ♥ So there is no way I'm gonna say no. I would totally love that *thank u so much for the offering *_______*
I'm not really good at doing music, so I took some piece from freesound.org
Cool, I might not be able to work on it till next month cause I need to get The Lighthouse as done as I can first, but it's good to get more practice (other than a few WIP bits for TK's other VN project, 'echo', The Lighthouse is my first time soundtracking anything properly). I was chatting to TK as she was playing through and she suggested
It would be really good to have 3 themes (or intensity versions of the themes) for each trial, like in PW, so they can grow in intensity as the trial goes on. I'd like to do that.
I don't want to hold up you releasing the game too much though and I do have to fit this in around my job etc, so how much music I do for it depends on how much you can wait on before you want to get this out there. I could always do it in stages for you
So like, replace a basic loop for trial 2 and 3 first, then if there's time do trios of intensity for all 3 trials, then if there's time do some stuff for any other bits you'd like some replacement music for
. If you want vox on any, let me know as well, especially if you have lyrics you'd like me to work in.

Mirrowdothack wrote:buttdumpling, USA, was incredible kind and read over the text, but I guess it's simply pretty much and so she may have missed some stuff.
About her "Eck". I looked it up in dict.cc Maybe this is something the differs between UK-English and US-English? When I put "Eek" in dict.cc the website doesn't even know it XD
I don't really know nattaive speakers. I asked buttdumpling right after she had played the beta, but before that I didn't even know her *still touched *____*, that she did it ♥
It's always different if you're playing intentionally looking for stuff (because you posted the beta for feedback I had my critical head on while I was playing). Another pass should get the rest of them. Re: Eek vs Eck, Eek isn't a 'real word' but it's kind of how you would write a short, not that serious squeal. 'Eck' reads as much shorter sound, like 'check' without the ch. (If you were going for the more chokey kind of sound, you'd often use 'ack' rather than 'eck' for it.
Out of interest, where is the game meant to be set? Yin has a Japanese name, but then Keith is a very western name.
But then he has a Japanese 'real' name...
Mirrowdothack wrote:Two more Endings (The P.-End is the True Ending btw). Either you have mised to talk with Keith *you need to talk to him about each topic, or you havenÄt found at least 16/17 green letters. There is an ending guide: http://mirrowdothack.vnovel.com/yn_endingguide
Oh! I better go replay it because I've missed the true ending! :O
Mirrowdothack wrote:Thank you again so much for your feedback ♥ It was totally helpful and once again: I'm really happy that you enjoyed my first game^^
I'll try to put in the changes I mentioned and upload the current version to.
You're welcome, thanks for sharing such a cool game :)

*Stops turning the thread into a CIA censored document and runs off to get the endings she missed*
ImageImageImage

KiloTango
Regular

#15 Post by KiloTango »

DOUBLEPOSTIN' FOR ENDINGS
Promise is loads more satisfying on Keith's story. Really looking forward to there being more now, the format is solid and will only get stronger as you improve as a writer.
ImageImageImage