One Leaf Clover [GxB] [Slice of Life] [NaNo2014]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Allegra Hughes
Veteran
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Bitter Truth, Two Faced
Organization: Chisa Studios

One Leaf Clover [GxB] [Slice of Life] [NaNo2014]

#1 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Souka seems to have a good life, and an even better boyfriend. However, Taru's luck is beyond bad, and
his happy-go-lucky attitude just doesn't match up! Just what is the cause of his horrible luck? Will his luck
cause an end to their special bond- or strengthen it beyond belief?

DOWNLOAD

Souka Kumo
CV: Chandra "Sakura" Hughes
Souka is Taru's down-to-earth girlfriend who can't quite conceive just how her boyfriend is so unlucky and
oblivious to the fact. She cares deeply for Taru, but is easily frustrated by his lack of observation for his own situation.

Taru Mitsuka
CV: Sheldon Roberts
Taru is possibly most unlucky fellow in history, but somehow is completely oblivious to it. Living his life in a
happy-go-lucky manner, Taru manages to spin any troublesome situation in his mind with a silver lining. Taru
is from a very prosperous family, and tends to live a very flamboyant life, not worrying that his luck will cause
trouble for his well-planned future. However, he wasn't always that unlucky! Is his oblivious outlook a facade?

Rimu Asakura
CV: Samantha Chan
Rimu is both Souka's cousin and close friend. She's had a very outspoken crush on Taru for a long time, and
won't deny she wishes her cousin and crush would just break up already. However, though she has a clear short
temper, she's a very spirited and kind girl overall. She seems to get along well with the group despite her
personal agenda.

Itsuki Ringo

CV: Ethan Nakashima
Itsuki is Taru's best friend, and the voice of reason that tries to keep his relationship at bay. With a calm and
casual outlook, he has a bit of a sly edge- but he always manages to pull through for his friends. Itsuki thinks
of himself as the big brother- reliable and responsible for his simple-minded friends.

Uncle Sato

CV: Darrell Powell Jr
Uncle Sato simply goes by "Sato" to everyone, except for his very cheerful nephew, Taru. Sato is a pilot by trade
and is currently Taru's guardian. He has a very strong connection with his nephew, and knows most of his past
very well. Like his nephew, he's a very upbeat person normally, but unlike him, does have more concerns in his
life- but generally ignores them.

Ren’Py Visual Novel Engine

Writer:
Jaluna Rolik

Programmer:
Chandra "Sakura" Hughes

Artwork:
Uncle Mugen and Tokudaya

Music:
Royalty Free, Giovedi, PatchyDoll and Tempus

Photo Editor:
Jaluna Rolik, Sakura Hughes, Samantha Chan

- 10 to 20mins game play
- Unlockable Choices
- Multiple Endings
- Full Voice Acting

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
*Sakura's Note*
As the voice actor for Souka, the voice acting director and the one who suggested to have the game voiced, I'd love your feedback and opinions on the voice acting! If you thought it ruined your game play experience, please let me know and why you thought so! I'd love to hear from you guys to make the next voiced game better!

Thanks,
Sakura
Last edited by Allegra Hughes on Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rozume
Veteran
Completed: Munster Academy, boy
Projects: Coming of Age VN
Organization: Cosmic Visual
IRC Nick: Rozume

Re: One Leaf Clover [GxB] [Slice of Life] [NaNo2014]

#2 Post by Rozume »

It's very cute! I liked everyone's voices in this. ^^ Good job completing this NaNo on time! c:

xKairi
Regular

#3 Post by xKairi »

Yes! Another game with full voice acting! As an amateur VA myself, that totally excites me! >w< Gonna download now! :")

fioricca
Veteran
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten

#4 Post by fioricca »

I just want to say that I gave this a spin and loved the voice acting! I guess japanese names and suffixes will always sound weird to me but the voices gave this an amazing volume of depth that would otherwise not be there because of stock UI, backgrounds and sprites. Well done on being able to release a voiced game for NaNo! *_*

Allegra Hughes
Veteran
Projects: Bitter Truth, Two Faced
Organization: Chisa Studios

#5 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Added to the thread:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
*Sakura's Note*
As the voice actor for Souka, the voice acting director and the one who suggested to have the game voiced, I'd love your feedback and opinions on the voice acting! If you thought it ruined your game play experience, please let me know and why you thought so! I'd love to hear from you guys to make the next voiced game better!

Thanks,
Sakura
PhoenixStardust wrote:It's very cute! I liked everyone's voices in this. ^^ Good job completing this NaNo on time! c:
Glad you liked the voices :) Thanks!
xKairi wrote:Yes! Another game with full voice acting! As an amateur VA myself, that totally excites me! >w< Gonna download now! :")
Please let me know what you thought of the voices when you get a chance :D
fioricca wrote:I just want to say that I gave this a spin and loved the voice acting! I guess japanese names and suffixes will always sound weird to me but the voices gave this an amazing volume of depth that would otherwise not be there because of stock UI, backgrounds and sprites. Well done on being able to release a voiced game for NaNo! *_*
I'm glad you liked the voice acting and it didn't ruin your gameplay experience :) haha yeah Japanese names and suffixes will always sound weird to me too xD

filiaa

#6 Post by filiaa »

This is the first voiced game I play, and that was a nice experiment. Actually, I often try to read VN out loud, playing different voices for different characters, but I'm afraid I'm not that good, so it is nice to have the job already done once in a while.

I really like Souka's and Itsuki's voices, Sato's one is also quite enjoyable, whereas I'm not a big fan of Taru's and Rimu's voices, they sounded really high (especially Rimu's), childish, a bit overexited (I'm not sure this word is English, I was looking for the equivalent of the french "surexcité"). I know it was the point and it suits well to the characters, but I found those voices less pleasent to hear than the other three. I guess I prefer lower voices.

Overall, the acting was good, sounded realistic (again, I'm at a loss for words, it's really difficult for me to express what I have in mind with my limited vocabulary), I never turned frustrated or bored because of it.

I enjoyed the story, which is quite short and simple, but that's an NaNo entry, and I guess the voices added extra-work to do in a limited time, so there is nothing to blame here. The art is also really nice, both the backgrounds and characters looks fine, and they work well together (they are not really detailed characters in a simplified background, or stylistic characters in a photorealistic scenery). I would just like Taru to look a little bit older, because he seems so young compared to Souka and Itsuki, but once again, he was supposed to be more childish than the others, he is just how he was meant to be. I didn't paid a lot of attention to the music and the sounds because I was so focused on the voices, sorry, I'm unable to make any interesting comment about it.

I suppose I'm finished! Oh! Just a little question before I leave : I've played the game a few times, and I get two different endings : are they more or did I find everything?

Good bye and thanks for making the game!

Juneberry
Regular
Projects: Deadly Heart

#7 Post by Juneberry »

As the writer of the story, I'm glad to see feedback on the story itself and I apologize now for using the suffixes and such in the script. I just basically copy and pasted my original story that'd been done in a comic format and such to be scripted for the VN. ^^; I'll work on making it easier for both players and voice actors with that next time.

As a note, I'd like to say that working with Sakura was a wonderful experience, and, having played it through a couple times now (including making my dad play it o.o), I'm super happy with how it came out. :)

Also...
filiaa wrote:Oh! Just a little question before I leave : I've played the game a few times, and I get two different endings : are they more or did I find everything?
You unlocked everything, if that's what you mean. It was actually Sakura's recommendation to add in a secondary ending and have it unlockable, and I think it turned out really well. But there's only two endings total. I hope you found each of your playthroughs fun. :D

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#8 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Just played through it once! It really grabbed my attention, since I read the ComiPo! one-shot at Smackjeeves awhile ago, and to see it come to life as a voice-acted visual novel was really cool, just like when a manga becomes an anime.

It was kept very close to the original, and felt a little more fleshed-out with Souka:s narrative. The voice acting was really good, though felt kinda stiff in some places. However, being a NaNoRenO, I can understand time constraints and is very good for a month project.

I look forward to see what the other endings are (since I got the true-to-the-manga ending).
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Tawwny

#9 Post by Tawwny »

Congratulations on finishing your Nano project! I enjoyed playing through it all (Got both endings). Story was cute and I found all the voices very fun to listen to as the the acting was really good and the recordings were of great quality ^^ As far as how it affected game play, it enhanced it for me.

Kagura
Regular

#10 Post by Kagura »

Huh~~ Who is the responsible of these arts? > n>
I've seen this art like a few times and that's what made me like the story ' U'

Imuststalkher/him

I can do voice actings and help with the story~
Just message me if y'need help c:

Juneberry
Regular

#11 Post by Juneberry »

Depends on which part of the art you mean? As it says in credits, art is from Tokudaya and Uncle Mugen. :) Tokudaya is all sprites, and I think mostly all the backgrounds are Uncle Mugen? Forgot at the moment for certain. >w<

Kagura
Regular

#12 Post by Kagura »

Juneberry wrote:Depends on which part of the art you mean? As it says in credits, art is from Tokudaya and Uncle Mugen. :) Tokudaya is all sprites, and I think mostly all the backgrounds are Uncle Mugen? Forgot at the moment for certain. >w<
TT u TT Oh.. Sorrie I don't really read most of credits u^u
<<LazyBum

I can do voice actings and help with the story~
Just message me if y'need help c:

Juneberry
Regular

#13 Post by Juneberry »

Kagura wrote:
Juneberry wrote:Depends on which part of the art you mean? As it says in credits, art is from Tokudaya and Uncle Mugen. :) Tokudaya is all sprites, and I think mostly all the backgrounds are Uncle Mugen? Forgot at the moment for certain. >w<
TT u TT Oh.. Sorrie I don't really read most of credits u^u
<<LazyBum
Basic credits are in the first post though? So it's easy enough to find them :) I'm the random author weirdo by the way.

janrrah18
Regular
Projects: My Sweet Revenge,(I can't think of a good title...><)
Organization: Valonia

#14 Post by janrrah18 »

Hmmm...this seems CUTE!!!
I'm also an Aspiring Voice actor but..anyways let see.. :)))
i'll play it and share my thought later!! :D

nctolu

#15 Post by nctolu »

Honestly, I really loved this VN. It was sweet. I enjoyed the voice acting. Everyone's was lovely, except for Rimu's. It was way too high pitched, which was probably what you all were going for, but it sounded like she was 3 instead of her real age, which was kind of a turn off, but other than that, I loved the game. The art was splendid as well. Congratulations on the release! I hope to see more from you all in the future!