Ideas Dump

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
qq
Regular
Projects: Strings of Fate- BG artist

Ideas Dump

#1 Post by qq »

Ideas can not be copyrighted, so feel free to do whatever you like. Poor ideas they will never see the light of day. Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame while you can my little ideas! :D

Here's one: Recycle Love
My ideas was that the MC will be male and he has started a business in breaking up relationships and also he sets up people with the breakees. For example if he help guy a and girl a to break up and then he sets guy b with girl a when she is most vulnerable. He also has a real job as a part-time video store clerk and he is in highschool. Then along comes a client that wants his service, but the girl in question is in his science class and she's the reason he has a c- in Science if you know what I mean. So why is he in the breakup business? How would such a business work? Ultimately will he chooses money or to be honest and not hurt the feelings of his crush?... :shock:

Next:
Luck-A-Go-Go
You are literally the luckiest guy in the world!
So you survive a land slide when you were a little kid, but everyone else dies, find four leaf clovers and what -not. Adopted by one of those search and rescue person. Then you find the girl of your dreams. She works as a flight attendent. Then there is a plane crash and she goes missing. But before all that she promise you she'll visit. They haven't found her corpse, so she could still be alive. (insert dramatic music) And it is getting ever closer to her promise date. So you wait at the harbour everyday hoping she'll show up.
I imagine that an abandoned amusement park might have some importance in this game.
There's something about murder and you could have a friend ending, geeky girl ending or a homicide detective ending.

Next:
Double H
It is a stupid name. Anyways all I have got for this is that it is freaking scary and somehow you're suppose to find love when everything is freaking scary!

Last but not least:
Bishounen Orchard
B.O . HA HA HA. So the tagline is "There's so many bishies you can practically pick them off the trees!" It would probably be a light-hearted dating sim kind of thing. Anyways you are a girl working at a cafe and you also roomate(? ) with one of those yummy co-workers. There will be twins(they are funny,pranksters, atheletic, active, stubborn), a bishie with a mysterious past (he is quiet and nice once you get past Mr. Icy). Ooooh. So at some point there will be a kamikaze grandma or the cafe catches on fire.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#2 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

Re: Ideas Dump

#3 Post by Sailor Kitty »

I had a dream tonight about something I think would make a good game. the world is Isotopical and pixelated. The charas are inspiredby ragnarok online, but only inspired. They have different clothes and smaller feet. There are two heroes, a boy and a girl. Both are 16. The girl lives her life in luxury as princess of Adenheild (name of the land) (The world is a fantasy world, BTW.) And HATES it. She'd rather be out adventuring. The boy is a soft, timid, crossdressing prostitute (to feed his family) simply because he is to scared to go out to kill monsters. You get to name them in the begining.

story as such:
Girl has visited ANOTHER ball and is pretty much fed up. She disguises herself as a boy and runs away to the shady quarters. Boy tries to sell himself to her, girl realizes that they are identical, girl teaches him how to be her, boy teaches her how to be him. (tutorial mode)

Boy advances story by attending balls and getting to know the court, girl advances by telling boys famliy that she is going out to slay monsters nd is therefore getting proper clothes and a haircut. (She had sword training in secret at the castle)

Boy's story need's thinking. Boy's story is a detective one, since there are traitors in the castle. Their plan is to marry the princess, find the magic Crystar and take over the world. The crystar is in a beutiful ice cave on a southern island.

The girls story is to find the magic crystar before they do. Boy needs to find out their purpose. They keep in touch with a com-sapphire. You can switch protagonists any time, but you will get to points where the only way to get the story forward is to switch. Oh, and they can change clothes, too.

Girl will be exploring and new locations caves in search of treasure map pieces. Boy will be searching the castle and discovering. Girl can go play with kids on the street, give them money and so on, and they'll prove to be helpfull allies. She can also shop for armour, play games, and so on. Boy has a teleport jewel that takes him to 3 diffrent locations.

Boy needs this since he can't go out of the castle unnoticed.

1. A marble temple on a forgotten southern island. There is a spring there and the spirit of the spring givesn help and hints when you need it.

2. The market. Boy can shop for dresses and books here. Boy gets money by running little errands and playing minigames inside the castle that also might uncover more of the plot.

3. Girl's room.

Girl travels to several diffrent towns and caves, but has to report home to Boy's family sometimes.

castle is in pastel pink, sometimes blue.

Boy can also visit the library to read storys and poetry and find clues.

Boy marries Girl in the end. But girl grows up to be king and boy gets to be queen. Something like that. :wink:
Last edited by Sailor Kitty on Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by monele »

I'll be honest : the first few lines had me go "uff... so classic". But the rest is quite amazing ^^. I like the double character gameplay (especially because it's two different styles) and the fact both end up crossdressing.
Boy marries Girl in the end. But girl grows up to be king and boy gets to be queen. Something like that.
And this just finishes it XD...

Sounds like a huge project, though... and I'm not sure how you'd make the "rpg" parts work, but... it definitely sounds interesting.

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#5 Post by Sailor Kitty »

It isn't a visual novel, it is an isotopic RPG.
And I'm glad you liked it!
script is 85% done.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by DaFool »

Awesome idea. You'll need a kickass programmer though.

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#7 Post by chronoluminaire »

That sounds like a really cool dual-protagonist RPG. I love it ^^

And I really like qq's "Bishounen Orchard" idea too :D (I like the light-hearted games...)
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by monele »

Oh right, you did say it was "isometric" ^_^...

DrakeNavarone
Veteran
Completed: see sig below
Projects: always; never not
Organization: Team BG

#9 Post by DrakeNavarone »

This is an idea I got a few days ago. I tried writing the opening to see how it'd feel and how well it'd go, and I wasn't very satisfied with the results. But still, I did like the idea, so I thought I'd share it, since I don't have the interest in working on this right now, and I really don't see me picking it up again down the road either.

Basically the idea is that the two most popular people in school like each other a lot, but are too proud and stubborn to admit it. So instead, they have a little competition during the two weeks before Valentine's day to see who can gather the most admirers, who in turn would send them the most valentines on the 14th. Basically, the guy and girl compete to see who can build the biggest harem (which explains the project name, "harem race"). I was gonna try to incorporate a bit of gameplay into it, maybe a minigame or two, and how well you do there translates to how many new admirers you get. But I didn't want to go overboard. Everything was supposed to be simple, the games and the light hearted story. I attached the opening I wrote, maybe it'll help to get a better grasp on the set up and the feel. It's a silly idea that would be fun to see, but as I said, I don't have much interest in doing it myself.
Attachments
race.rpy
The introduction
(7.64 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
http://www.twitter.com/drakeynv
The Compendium of Drake:
Starlit Sky ~ Songs of Araiah ~ Mirai Imouto ~ Temple Glen ~ Fuyu no Tabi

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#10 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Butler complex

Just because I have Bishonen complex...

The main premise is that the protagonist is a bored 14-year-old girl. She is very rich, but her parents are always absent. And she goes to a very prestigeos boy's academy (As a girl). But one day, the boys academy has several slots open. So she buys them. Then she puts an ad that says that boys are allowed to go to this school as long as they go to a "special interview" to see if they are fit for the "special dormitory". Actually, it's a job interview. See, they may attend the academy, BUT...

They have to work as live-in maids and butlers! See, there are three really girly Bishounen and a young (And pretty) Okama. (Okama is girls new freind.) while she dresses 2 of the the Bishounen in maid costumes, the other one in a butler costume.

Some of the stuff would be:

Assigning the boys with diffrent chores.

choosing who to accompany in the amusment park.

Watching some real akward BL anime and forcing Bishonen of your choice to watch.

Forcing one of them to go and get a list full of H-games, most of them being YAOI.
script is 85% done.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#11 Post by monele »

Watching some real akward BL anime and forcing Bishonen of your choice to watch.
Forcing one of them to go and get a list full of H-games, most of them being YAOI.
You're cruel, you know that? :P
But still, your ideas tend to be the most unpredictable mixes of things... keep it up :)

Ren

#12 Post by Ren »

Sailor Kitty wrote:Butler complex

You, my dear, are a genius.
That's the only way to put it U_U

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#13 Post by PrettySammy09 »

SailorKitty, I really actually like that idea. It's kinda cruel, but I like it. XD

I think it might be fun to see a game about a spoiled girl and her (attractive) butler. >:3 I would sure as heck play it!!!

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#14 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Thank you for all the kind words!

the children of the sky

This was supposed to be a very philosophical "Quake" style game, but, due to lack of programming skills, is dissmissed.

The main character, Orleans, is 12. He loves the planet he lives on and always throws trash in the can, volenteering and whatnot. However, one day, a strange force enters his body and makes him tell a litterer "Be careful. Someday you may have to answer to the children of the sky." He is then beamed up to an empty and barren cloudland. He finds two other living beings, a feisty girl named Toriko and a strange cat-like being named Chotto. After finding 2 guns, they find out that they are supposed to test their skills here. If they succed, they can continue on to the cloud where they meet the Children Of The Sky.

Toriko is a spoiled, broken girl who has no parents. She grew up with her uncle who sexually abused her. There she had a kitten, who was her only source of happiness. One day, her uncle killed it. She often thinks of Chotto as this Kitten.
She despices planet earth. She repaetedly tried to commit suicide until she was beamed up into the sky.

Slowly, a great bond of freindship grows between Orlean and Toriko. In the begining they fight alot, see? That means that they are freinds. NOT lovers. FREINDS.

In the end, they find out that the Children Of The Sky are young girls and boys, grown wise over many years. They are planning to either destroy earth or help it heal, but they need another vote. So they bring a boy who loves the planet and a girl who is fed up with it. Toriko and Orlean both bring out good and reasnoble opinions for sparing or killing Earth. In the end, they decide theyll drop a "healing bomb" in the future.

So in the end, Toriko stays in the sky. She has nothing left for her on earth, nobody is going to miss her and she won't do any good. In the sky she has a mission, and will do her very best to fullfill it.

After a painfull goodbye, Orlean gets beamed down to earth the same second he was beamed up. He has no memory of what happend and turns on the TV.

"13-year old Taizawa Toriko was found dead washed up on ____ beach. The police later found a note and it seems she succesfully committed suicide."

Orlean ends the game with these words:

"And in that moment I felt as if I had known this girl. But I wasn't sad, I felt strangly happy. Like she was free, as if she never really belonged here. Like she would only be hurt if she stayed. As if she actually found something to DO.... And successfully escaped this place."
script is 85% done.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Fading Hearts, Infinite Game Works
Projects: Don't Save the World
Organization: Sakura River