Writer seeking for a free artist. [CLOSED]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
KittyKitty01

Writer seeking for a free artist. [CLOSED]

#1 Post by KittyKitty01 »

Okay, i will make it clear.I was looking for a free artist,someone that can help me with CG's and sprites,backgrounds are not problem.
I think that my story is good to make a visual novel,and is not like i never writed before,i have a few stories like this
Plot:
Jade Calici is our main protagonist.She was abandoned by her parents.Their reason was that,with only 4 years old,she often speaked to invisible things,claiming that they where dead people or even demons.After 20 years she carries with a normal life as a writer inspired on the stories of ghosts that she can see.She became an obsesive writer,with the hope of making "The perfect book"
One day,she meets Daiji.A demon that goberns 3 legions,he is really close to her because they share a inferiority complex,through Jade don't likes to admit it.Soon,Daiji gets a interesting idea for one of her books,a idea that Jade will live as the main protagonist.Daiji convinces Jade to make a contract with him,he will make her live "The perfect book" and give her the chance of publishing it.The price? After getting her 5 minutes of fame,go to the hell,and make her his slave.

Soo? :D The main story will be focused on Jade,but there will be secondary stories on "The perfect book"

I don't want to make this post so long,so if any artist is interested comment below or send me a PM and then i will PM you back of my basic idea of the looks of characters,but always you can make little change.

Any style of drawing is okay for me (Realistic,semi-realistic,super duper moe) So i try giving the most open freedom to any artist interested

It's a quite long novel,i was thinking in one arc for every secondary story in "The perfection book" Making the arcs a total of 5.Don't worry,the VN won't be a huge 50+ hours novel.

Also,my english is really poor :oops: So i was thinking of a proofreader.Anyone wants to it's name appear in the credits page with a huge "PROOFREADER" ?

Yup,that's all i wanted to say :wink:

Questions:

Something is wrong with the plot?
The characters are fine?
The format "A story inside another story" is too cliche?
Something else i should modify?
Should i add hentai?

EDIT: Edited the title for less confusion

EDIT: I made a post in Works in progress! http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=26254
Last edited by KittyKitty01 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

Re: Writer seeking for a free artist and proofreader

#2 Post by Asceai »

I think you may be more in need of an editor than a proofreader.
To give a bit of an idea, here's the number of corrections that the proofreader would need to make on your 'Plot' paragraph above:
Jade Calici is our main protagonist._She was abandoned by her parents._Their reason was that,_with when she was only 4 years old,_she would often speaked speak to invisible things,_claiming that they where were dead people or even demons._After 20 years she carries with lived a normal life as a writer inspired on by the stories of the ghosts that she can see._She became an obsesive obsessive writer,_with the hope of making the "perfect book."
One day,_she meets met Daiji._A demon that goberns governs 3 legions,_he is really close to her because they share a inferiority complex,_althrough Jade don't doesn't likes to admit it._Soon,_Daiji gets an interesting idea for one of her books,_a idea that includes Jade will live as the main protagonist._Daiji convinces Jade to make a contract with him,;he will make let her live in the "perfect book" and give her the chance of publishing it._The price? After getting her 5 minutes of fame,_go to the hell,and make her his slave she must become his slave in Hell.
Now, multiply that over an entire VN, and you can see the kind of workload your proofreader would be expecting. If I did that sort of work and my credit was only as 'proofreader' I would be a bit annoyed, personally! A proofreader's task is generally to point out typographical errors, but in this case the entire paragraph could be (and correctly so) identified as needing corrections. I don't think it would be helpful for you to get the equivalent of your entire script highlighted as feedback.

So basically, you want an editor. That's fine, by the way, but it is going to be a big job for anyone undertaking it. Just to give you an idea of what to expect.
Should i add hentai?
Yes.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#3 Post by fleet »

Since you are also recruiting for an artist, artists would probably want to know how many sprites, expressions, and CG's you would need.
I wish you success.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

KittyKitty01

#4 Post by KittyKitty01 »

I don't want to make this post so long,so if any artist is interested comment below or send me a PM and then i will PM you back of my basic idea of the looks of characters
So i was thinking of a proofreader
Wow, that was fast. What I wanted to say is that the editor/proofreader was just an idea. I'm really busy in school, so an editor would be less job. I can do all that job myself, is not an emergency
To fleet, I said in a part of the post that if someone is interested I will send a PM with additional details.
Sorry if that sounded mean :( It wasn't my intention

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Writer seeking for a free artist.

#5 Post by fleet »

I meant no disrespect. I do wish you the best of luck in finding an artist.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

TheSopht

Re: Writer seeking for a free artist.

#6 Post by TheSopht »

I'm willing to proof-read for you, interesting plot, I'm interested in how the perfect book turns out to be. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Also clarify what you expect from a "proof-reading."