Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#3916 Post by TsukiShima »

Today I just broke someone's heart since I already have someone else that I truly love, which is hard because that someone I truly love doesn't really love me back. It's a whole triangle unrequited love all over again.

But I do feel very guilty for breaking someone's heart, but at least I'm honest, right? orz

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#3917 Post by Hijiri »

TsukiShima wrote:Today I just broke someone's heart since I already have someone else that I truly love, which is hard because that someone I truly love doesn't really love me back. It's a whole triangle unrequited love all over again.

But I do feel very guilty for breaking someone's heart, but at least I'm honest, right? orz
Better to experience a short burt of pain of being rejected than the eternal guilt of never knowing.
Trust me, it's worse when someone doesn't know.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Eiliya
Regular

#3918 Post by Eiliya »

So you remember that post I made a few weeks ago regarding my best pal and his woman? In the end, she forced him to pick between "her (and her parents/siblings) and their two kids" or "the rest (his parents/siblings and what little friends he had)". He couldn't answer, saying that both stand equally important to him and that his choice would be depending on circumstantial factors. Now she's filed for a divorce and is moving (together with the kids, who've just begun getting friends at the daycare center) to where her parents live, some 3 hours away by car and my pal can't figure out up from down anymore.

I just wanna ask; Is this normal in a relationship? If your significant other decides to uphold a promise from roughly half a year ago rather than staying home with you because you hurt your back and probably won't need him/her but would like to have them there just in case, would you kick them out of your house, give them the "him/her/them or me" ultimatum, break up with them when they can't answer and then move (along with the kids) to some faraway place to which your significant other will have trouble even visiting?

Personally, I haven't been in an actual relationship in quite a while, so I don't know how things work these days (damn, I sound old when I say that) but from my view, that's not how it works, is it? Even if you feel that your significant other did you wrong, in a real family you sit down and talk about it until a solution is reached and then you move on, leaving the hurdle behind. You don't walk up to the offender, yell an ultimatum where you demand they focus all of their attention, time and energy on you and then break up with them because they think you're being unreasonable and want to talk it over -.-

Am I the only one getting some yandere vibrations from this chick? Anyway, that was my load I needed to get off of my chest. Thanks for listening/reading. Have a good one, guys and gals.

Eiliya
Regular

#3919 Post by Eiliya »

Oh! One more thing. Two days ago I was at an employment interview. I thought everything went well and was feeling kind of good about myself until I started talking to the other people who were there. Apparently, the company holds a three stage interview. The first stage is personal, you fill out a form, give them your CV and answer a few questions from them. Second stage is via phone and online. You get a phonecall where they simulate a situation that you have to solve and then you're given a simple online grammar test. Third section is something alongthe lines of practical tests, to see if you can actually handle the job on a physical level (or something like that, I don't really remember).

Everyone else, at the end of the first part, were given a date and time at which the company would call them, but I wasn't >_<; I really, really hope they just forgot to mention me, but something dark and gloomy within me keeps telling me that they did it on purpose because they don't want me. If so, then I really would've wanted them to tell me straight up and also explain why, so I know what I did wrong and what to work on for future employment interviews T_T

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#3920 Post by Rinima »

Eiliya wrote:Oh! One more thing. Two days ago I was at an employment interview. I thought everything went well and was feeling kind of good about myself until I started talking to the other people who were there. Apparently, the company holds a three stage interview. The first stage is personal, you fill out a form, give them your CV and answer a few questions from them. Second stage is via phone and online. You get a phonecall where they simulate a situation that you have to solve and then you're given a simple online grammar test. Third section is something alongthe lines of practical tests, to see if you can actually handle the job on a physical level (or something like that, I don't really remember).

Everyone else, at the end of the first part, were given a date and time at which the company would call them, but I wasn't >_<; I really, really hope they just forgot to mention me, but something dark and gloomy within me keeps telling me that they did it on purpose because they don't want me. If so, then I really would've wanted them to tell me straight up and also explain why, so I know what I did wrong and what to work on for future employment interviews T_T
I'd advise phoning them up and asking about it.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#3921 Post by Razz »

Rinima wrote:
I'd normally say don't do this, as any manager i've ever had has outright told me they hate it, but if everyone else got one yeah i'd maybe see if you can get a confirmation on a date. If they say no maybe be like 'well if anything changes please give me a call', i've gotten a job for leaving it open ended like that before. That sucks though, not an easy situation to be in.

----------------
I took on a rather large commission for an rpg game a month and a half ago, and phew, I am beat. Game stuff is so much harder than it looks. It was fun to do something different, at least. :mrgreen:

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

#3922 Post by Asceai »

Razz wrote:
Rinima wrote:
I'd normally say don't do this, as any manager i've ever had has outright told me they hate it, but if everyone else got one yeah i'd maybe see if you can get a confirmation on a date. If they say no maybe be like 'well if anything changes please give me a call', i've gotten a job for leaving it open ended like that before. That sucks though, not an easy situation to be in.
In a situation like that when you can pretty much tell you're not going to get the job anyway, it really can't hurt and it may help in the off chance that they made a mistake. You're not going to end up on an industry blacklist for calling to follow up.
Razz wrote:I took on a rather large commission for an rpg game a month and a half ago, and phew, I am beat. Game stuff is so much harder than it looks. It was fun to do something different, at least. :mrgreen:
It's funny; I've worked on (and finished) several RPGs and I'm finding making a VN difficult. Really tempted go to back to making RPGs, or make some sort of hybrid, after I'm done this one =P
I should have known- I've always left scenario writing until last in my other projects because I find it pretty agonising to do, so starting a project that is mostly writing could have been a mistake.

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#3923 Post by SundownKid »

Head_Phones wrote:This sounds unbelievably immature.

But I hate school.
I've always thought (for-profit) school was unnecessarily long. In the U.S. you could probably shave off one or two years off college without anything lost, if the classes were more concentrated. In law school you have to take 3 years when the first year is the only one that truly makes a difference. Education inflation is a real problem, I can anticipate that in a decade you will need to be 30 years old and a PHD to get a job as a janitor.

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#3924 Post by Razz »

Asceai wrote:
In a situation like that when you can pretty much tell you're not going to get the job anyway, it really can't hurt and it may help in the off chance that they made a mistake. You're not going to end up on an industry blacklist for calling to follow up.

It's funny; I've worked on (and finished) several RPGs and I'm finding making a VN difficult. Really tempted go to back to making RPGs, or make some sort of hybrid, after I'm done this one =P
I should have known- I've always left scenario writing until last in my other projects because I find it pretty agonising to do, so starting a project that is mostly writing could have been a mistake.
That's true, squeaky wheel gets the grease.

VNs are hard for sure, it was all the inventory illust stuff, like, the sheer amount of it - massive respect for people who do that for games. I've always wanted to make an rpg maker game myself though. I love how you can walk around and click stuff. Yeah I feel you on the writing part. ._.
SundownKid wrote:
I've always thought (for-profit) school was unnecessarily long. In the U.S. you could probably shave off one or two years off college without anything lost, if the classes were more concentrated.
Noooo sundown, we gotta squeeze every last drop of money out of them broke college students.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3925 Post by Rinima »

Razz wrote: I'd normally say don't do this, as any manager i've ever had has outright told me they hate it, but if everyone else got one yeah i'd maybe see if you can get a confirmation on a date. If they say no maybe be like 'well if anything changes please give me a call', i've gotten a job for leaving it open ended like that before. That sucks though, not an easy situation to be in.
Really? Everyone I've ever talked to about hiring has always told me 'phone them up if you don't hear from them. Get an answer *coughtotallydidn'thavetolookuphowtospellanswernopecough*. I've even been told that it helps your chances :\
SundownKid wrote:
I've always thought (for-profit) school was unnecessarily long. In the U.S. you could probably shave off one or two years off college without anything lost, if the classes were more concentrated. In law school you have to take 3 years when the first year is the only one that truly makes a difference. Education inflation is a real problem, I can anticipate that in a decade you will need to be 30 years old and a PHD to get a job as a janitor.
How long is college in the US (I'm presuming that's where your talking about?)? I'm not sure how you could cut down on 3 years as it is?

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#3926 Post by Caveat Lector »

What kind of idiot starts up an intriguing storyline in Sims 2 around the same time she needs to finish up her last major assignments for the semester?!?

...Oh right. Me. :oops:
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#3927 Post by SundownKid »

Rinima wrote: How long is college in the US (I'm presuming that's where your talking about?)? I'm not sure how you could cut down on 3 years as it is?
In the US, college is actually 4 years, in order to get your B.A. or B.S.

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#3928 Post by noeinan »

So, I've been shooting for over twelve years. I know my way around firearms, and especially regarding gun safety.

My partner has a Ruger GP100, a six round revolver, and I love it. Revolvers in general are pretty reliable, though they do have limited capacity. (Something to consider if you keep firearms for self defense, because in most self defense situations you will be outnumbered.)

The only problem is, I have freakishly tiny hands,(good for rock climbing, bad for pretty much everything else) and the GP100 can be a bit unwieldy. So I wanted to get one of my own, and we were pretty sure Cabela's would have the Ruger SP101. (We normally go to a local gun shop, but business had been good to them and their store was nearly empty.)

Unfortunately, this turned out to be a horrible decision. There was some small problem with my paperwork, which was admittedly my fault, but instead of being professional about it, the man behind the counter loudly belittled me in front of the other customers. I decided to leave because this was extremely inappropriate and there was no way they were getting my business ever again. Will be leaving scathing feedback through the appropriate channels.

I just hate when folks there, and other places like Magic: The Gathering or wargaming tournaments, treat people like shit because they aren't men. You just walk up, and they automatically assume that you have no idea what you're doing, and any mistake is just an example of how much you don't belong there. No matter how long you've been a part of the community, to them you'll always be an outsider or a beginner-- even the small amount of basic respect you think you'll get via basic customer service is out the f*cking door.

Definitely needed to get that off of my chest. ><

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3929 Post by Rinima »

SundownKid wrote:
Rinima wrote: How long is college in the US (I'm presuming that's where your talking about?)? I'm not sure how you could cut down on 3 years as it is?
Okay, I'm still confused as to why that's considered to long? That actually sounds about right (and boy do I wish I got 4 years *coughisdoinga4yeardegreein3yearscough*).

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#3930 Post by fleet »

Rinima wrote:
SundownKid wrote:
Okay, I'm still confused as to why that's considered to long? That actually sounds about right (and boy do I wish I got 4 years *coughisdoinga4yeardegreein3yearscough*).

One can graduate with a baccalaureate degree in three years by attending classes during summer.
It is also possible by taking an 'extra-heavy' course load (some colleges require students to obtain special permission before allowing this).
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.