Quiet Love [GxG] [School, slice-of-life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
PennJones
Projects: Hellbound
Tumblr: nbshep

Quiet Love [GxG] [School, slice-of-life]

#1 Post by PennJones »

Due to family issues, I will no longer be writing. None of the games I was previously working on(Hellbound, Clockwork Heart, Haunted House, and Quiet Love) will be finished any time in the foreseeable future. I apologize for wasting anyone's time.

Quiet Love is about Gwen, a highschool girl who's in love with her best friend. That wouldn't be so nerve-racking for Gwen if her best friend wasn't a girl. To make matters worse, Gwen's friend, Jenny, tells Gwen about her crush on one of the guys at their school. Jenny begs Gwen to help her get him to date her. Gwen half-heartedly agrees.

Characters:

Jenny
Jenny is Gwendolyn's best friend. She's loud, energetic, cheerful, and kind. Gwen and Jenny met on Gwen's first day of school.

Marie
Marie is a French foreign exchange student. She's shy, usually quiet, and secretly quite the romantic. Gwen meets Marie on her way to class- Marie asks Gwen for directions to a classroom, and they end up being in the same class.

Luna
Luna is the most popular girl at Gwen's school. She's beautiful, kind, and a bit mysterious. After Jenny told Gwen about her crush, Gwen decided to spend some time away from Jenny. Luna saw Gwen looking upset outside of school, and did her best to cheer her up.

Paige
Paige is the librarian's assistant at Gwen's school. She's calm, extroverted(though useless in social situations), and knowledgeable. Gwen was supposed to meet Jenny at the school's library so they could study together. Instead, Jenny doesn't show up, and Gwen decides to study by herself. Paige sees her studying, and tries to help her.

Opinions, questions, feedback in generally is perfectly welcome. Also, I'm currently looking for some artists to collab with me on this(creating CGs, BGs, and/or character sprites). If you're interested, feel free to PM me or simply reply to this thread.
Last edited by PennJones on Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

brandon4117
Projects: [Coming Soon]

Re: Quiet Love [GxG] [School, slice-of-life]

#2 Post by brandon4117 »

This doesn't sound half bad! I'd download it.
How long do you think this will be?
Will the reader have a choice to pick from in any situation?

Just a few questions I had.
In terms of artists, well.. I can't help you with that one. I could only point you in a few directions to make life a bit easier on you, but that's about it.
I'm interested in this though, I wouldn't mind seeing how it turns out.

Hiyokun

#3 Post by Hiyokun »

If you need sprites, here's some female ones since it's a GXG game.
Here and here too, but I don't think they're customizable like the other ones. The ToS is here.
Even if you don't use them in the final thing, they might be good for placeholders. :0

I think this might make a good game. :3 What kind of game will it be? A kinetic novel, visual novel or what?

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#4 Post by Razz »

I like the plot! I'm a sucker for slice of life GxG with a hefty dose of melodrama, of course.

I'll be looking forward to this.

PennJones

#5 Post by PennJones »

brandon4117 wrote:This doesn't sound half bad! I'd download it.
How long do you think this will be?
Will the reader have a choice to pick from in any situation?

Just a few questions I had.
In terms of artists, well.. I can't help you with that one. I could only point you in a few directions to make life a bit easier on you, but that's about it.
I'm interested in this though, I wouldn't mind seeing how it turns out.
Each route will take around 45-60 minutes to play.
The player won't be able to choose Gwen's response/reaction in every single situation, but in most of them.

elu.yki

#6 Post by elu.yki »

I'm looking forward to see this! Not only this project only but the other two as well, but... do you think it'll be alright to work on three projects at the same time? :o It can get really exhausting, and it can lead you to leave some of the projects unfinished. it'll be really sad to see another project left unfinished (like many others have done). :c

PennJones

#7 Post by PennJones »

elu.yki wrote:I'm looking forward to see this! Not only this project only but the other two as well, but... do you think it'll be alright to work on three projects at the same time? :o It can get really exhausting, and it can lead you to leave some of the projects unfinished. it'll be really sad to see another project left unfinished (like many others have done). :c
Working on multiple projects may be stressful for some people, but I personally need to always be working on something. And I have too many ideas to incorporate them all into one game.
In other words, don't worry about any of my projects being left unfinished.

Annie Quinn
Regular

#8 Post by Annie Quinn »

PennJones wrote: Working on multiple projects may be stressful for some people, but I personally need to always be working on something. And I have too many ideas to incorporate them all into one game.
In other words, don't worry about any of my projects being left unfinished.
Haha, I can understand that. I'm working on multiple projects myself and while it's a little stressful, it's better than having nothing to do.

That being said, I really like the premise of the game. I couldn't help but smile when reading it. I'll be rooting for Gwen, and this project!