The Lady Minus Y [cross-dressing Otome, mystery] [2014]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

Re: The Lady Minus Y [cross-dressing Otome, mystery] [2014]

#16 Post by Victoria »

Just came by to say this project definitely isn't dead and it's coming along nicely ^^ The story has over 13 000 words by now and I've been also working on the script so I have less programming to do when the time to insert sprites, BGs and such comes. Aestate is working on the CGs and Tag on the sprites, and the boys' outfits look great!

Still taking those name suggestions, though. Or should we keep this one?
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!

XRisingRevolutionX

#17 Post by XRisingRevolutionX »

Do you think it should be out in the next year? I hope so! It seems interesting!

As for the name, maybe you could do The Lady with a red X through the Y? I could try an example if you wanted... :mrgreen:

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#18 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I much prefer the title as it is now. It's clever, and it gets the player to think a little.

I could've sworn I posted in this thread already, but it seems I didn't. In any case, I'm interested in seeing where the project goes. :)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

#19 Post by Victoria »

Hey, guys! As you may have noticed, we haven't been able to get the game out in time for NaNoRenO. Mostly it's my fault, since I've been, mildly said, overloaded with work at my college. Sometimes I barely squeeze in time for basic human needs, hahah. We aren't quitting this, it's just somewhat postponed. I'll start working on it again when Easter comes, and it will probably be done by the end of this summer.

Maybe it would be better if this thread is moved to the WIP section? It hardly qualifies as a NaNoRenO game now...

XRisingRevolutionX, you can try, of course, but I've also come to like the current title =D It somewhat emphasizes the "negation" part and it might not be that noticeable with the crossed Y (X and Y are similar letters when it comes to their appearance). Thanks for the feedback, people, it is really appreciated!
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!