Sepia Tears

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ETERNAL
Regular
Projects: Sepia Tears

Sepia Tears

#1 Post by ETERNAL »

Sepia Tears v1.0 - Windows, Mac, Linux | Official Website

Sepia Tears is a love story.

There are no robots or vampires, for better or worse. It's about a high schooler named Mark, an ordinary protagonist with a memory that he tries very hard to forget. It's also about a girl named Myra who knows more about him than any stranger should, and who reminds him uncannily of his past.

Together, they search for a storybook romance and realize that love doesn't always bloom as neatly as it ought to.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

Re: Sepia Tears

#2 Post by SilverxBlue »

It seems to be very interesting, so I'm downloading it right now~

And whoa, hello huge file. .__. I'll still go ahead and give it a try though.XD
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#3 Post by Hazel-Bun »

I'll try this too :) seems like a good story!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#4 Post by Kokoro Hane »

That....is a very large file size! I'll be sure to download when I have time ^.^
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

desulishor
Regular
Completed: Project Dualis, Of Valkyries and Life
Projects: Project Scribble [on hiatus] Project Aivisu (WIP) Seven Seasons (WIP)

#5 Post by desulishor »

The art seems nice and I love the introduction, (not trying to brag about myself but...) almost feels like I met fellow soul. I'm a lazy reader, but should give tis one a try. (DLing while I post...) There are never enough story-centric BxGs. I could rant about it for hours, but BxGs in general are a rarity and ones that carry a story instead of simplistic simulations, even rarer...

Edit: Just where are you hosting this from? Downloading from EU here, but I'm hardly getting any feed. Could actually reupload this somewhere, put it to Desura or something, if you'd like.

Karl_C
Veteran

#6 Post by Karl_C »

Hm, if I choose Myra's path, I'm stuck in an endless loop on 'Friday, December 24th'? Is this intended?

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#7 Post by Ran08 »

It's huge~
Haha, downloading it right now though. However, with my current internet connection, this will take a few hours. *sigh* Oh well.

ETERNAL
Regular

#8 Post by ETERNAL »

Thanks for the replies! Let's see...
Edit: Just where are you hosting this from? Downloading from EU here, but I'm hardly getting any feed. Could actually reupload this somewhere, put it to Desura or something, if you'd like.
It's hosted on my shared Hostgator account, so probably somewhere in NA. Unfortunately I don't have time to properly upload it to a database like Desura right now, but I added a torrent and mediafire link on the game's site in the meantime.
Karl_C wrote:Hm, if I choose Myra's path, I'm stuck in an endless loop on 'Friday, December 24th'? Is this intended?
Not sure if you figured it out yet, but I'll reply in spoilers to be safe:
It feels like a loop but it isn't one. You're forced to "fail" once, and the end variable triggers if you choose to stand up again. Go to the hill after choosing "stand up" and you'll see the ending.
Thanks for playing!

desulishor
Regular
Completed: Project Dualis, Of Valkyries and Life
Projects: Project Scribble [on hiatus] Project Aivisu (WIP) Seven Seasons (WIP)

#9 Post by desulishor »

Ookay, here goes. So, I ended up playing through this in one night, and it was 4am by the time I finished.
I really really really like everything about it.
The art is kind of 'uncertain', which again makes the characters seem more fragile and incomplete, the way it should be for a story like this.
The music tracks have a few odd tones here or there, the game tunes are especially ear-wrecking. But still, pretty memorable stuff.
The writing style is what I love the most. Sarcastic exchanges, personality quirks, references... It's all there.
To write a story like this, it takes guts... Oh well. This is all just praises, practically, but...

I actually did something different this time, that being, I took notes as I played, so it's kinda like a letsplay in written form(?) Read at your own risk, much otaku is contained. http://www.mediafire.com/download/zkbgx ... rconic.txt

AKreiko
Completed: Orange Couch
Projects: Sound [Kinetic Novel - 3%] Oh Ghad.

#10 Post by AKreiko »

Interesting art style! Will try to play this. ^_^

ETERNAL
Regular

#11 Post by ETERNAL »

Okay, I've released a v1.1 that fixes (hopefully) all of the typos and adds a couple of odds and ends. Enjoy!

lodebar

#12 Post by lodebar »

Hi,

I want to say thank you for creating this visual novel.

It had an impact in my life where I could relate to and got past a part of my depression.

That said I really adore the music. Any chance there be music sheets for it?

Loved the game.

kitsalai
Regular
Projects: Imaginatum

#13 Post by kitsalai »

Hello. This is my first time reading a Renpy-based VN, so I'm really surprised about the quality of the art, music, and writing. There's a small typo on Dec 16th where adventure is spelled "adevnture". I'm not much of a critic so I just want to thank you guys for creating a great game.

So uhhh comments. The references to other novels definitely made me smile (I'm a fan of them). It's hard not to adore Rin because she's just too loveable. It took me a really long time to understand who Myra was... I'm a pretty slow guy though. Well, it was an enjoyable run.

Celestine
Veteran

#14 Post by Celestine »

Is there another way to download your android game that isn't through Google play. I can't use Google play. :?
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by philip »

Just found this story and downloaded it; decided I would take a quick look, and maybe go through it later. WRONG! After just a few minutes I was hooked and played through the whole story, even managing to get to the good end. Very enjoyable, a good story - glad I spent the time - will no doubt be going back to it in the future.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"