Asher [Supernatural/Suspense/Urban Fantasy] NEWS, see last page

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ketskari
Veteran
Completed: Asher, Sunrise, Tell a Demon
Projects: Asher Remake, TEoA
Organization: Sun Labyrinth
Tumblr: sunlabyrinth
Deviantart: sunlabyrinth
itch: sunlabyrinth

Re: Asher [Supernatural/Horror?/Urban Fantasy]

#46 Post by ketskari »

Asher is now updated. Fixed all the things (I think) that people have mentioned to me over the past couple of weeks.

------
@LofnBard - thanks! So glad to hear that.

---The options menu is at the top right corner of the screen?
---Added a bit of text to Ending V. I wanted it to be ambiguous, but agree it doesn't match with the other endings. So now it should make more sense
---I didn't find this one, either. Tetrine says "I..." or "I- " fairly often, unfortunately.
--- If the sentence with can was "sometimes you can," then that was "can" as in "are able to," and was intentional. Otherwise... I didn't find any typos related to "can" when I did a search.
---The right-click bug is fixed now.

@AntiquedFae - Ahh... as I mentioned in PM, I meant that only a few of the endings require you to pass the timed buttons.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the game!

Duskylli
Regular
Completed: The Mishka Effect, Fairly Dangerous.
Projects: Palette Swap

Re: Asher [Supernatural/Horror?/Urban Fantasy]

#47 Post by Duskylli »

Great game! I had fun dying a lot and the endings are much more rounded and clarify things better now. I just need to get one more ending and unlock one more bonus item.

Dawnfire
Regular

Re: Asher [Supernatural/Suspense/Urban Fantasy]

#48 Post by Dawnfire »

What a beautifully made game, with great art, voices, and music! The actual plotlines were also fascinating and the whole game was very compelling. But I'm having trouble getting all of the endings, and honestly,
all the ones I got were not quite satisfying. I wanted answers! What happens with Kialee? Who exactly is Markaius?
Maybe it's because I haven't gotten all the endings yet, but I'm left with more questions than answers...
Writer/editor with native English skills and a bachelor's. Back after a longtime hiatus. Message if interested.

ketskari
Veteran

#49 Post by ketskari »

@Duskylli - Thank you!

@Dawnfire - Wow, thank you.
Kialee and Markaius show up again in Tell a Demon. There's also one more story planned after Tell a Demon that will complete the series and resolve all the story threads. However, I think there's a bit of explanation about Markaius/Kialee in some of the Asher endings, if I recall correctly.
There is a walkthrough here.

Hope that helps! :)

---
EDIT: Also added a feedback survey via Google forms, in case anyone wants to give feedback anonymously.

ketskari
Veteran

#50 Post by ketskari »

Screenshot.PNG
The Asher remake is completed. If anyone would like to beta test it, please drop me a PM.

I'll update here again when it's available.

ketskari
Veteran

Re: Asher [Supernatural/Suspense/Urban Fantasy] REMAKE News, last page

#51 Post by ketskari »

You can now play Asher (the new version) here:
Last edited by ketskari on Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#52 Post by Ferdokki »

Wait, is this beta or complete?

ketskari
Veteran

#53 Post by ketskari »

It's the web-based version, which is complete as is. Might be able to do a PC/Mac version later on, but have to move on for now.

DVD2heart
Projects: Mr. End of The World

#54 Post by DVD2heart »

I will definitely be reading this, downloading now. Also, I'm surprised I've never seen Tell a Demon during my many searches of steams VN list. The artwork is looks amazing and i will be investing time into both.

ketskari
Veteran

#55 Post by ketskari »

Just a quick update, there's a new short story out, set before (and leading up to) the events of Asher. It's in a point'n'click format, but still has the dialogue choices and branching of Asher. You can check it out here.
Last edited by ketskari on Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alia
Regular

Re: Asher [Supernatural/Suspense/Urban Fantasy] NEWS, see last page

#56 Post by Alia »

Just finished playing the remake. Loved it! Not realizing certain things unless you pause to think about them (click on the colored text) was a fascinating mechanic that I felt really contributed. I liked the characters, especially Tetrine, but it was the world that really drew me in. And left me with so many questions.
How long has the empress been dead? What will that ship's explorers find beyond the bounds of the known? What is the Nell in relation to the mortal world? If "the demon city" is in the Nell, why are there demons here? Are the demons outside the city-states all descended from the Empress and the Knight? What drew the Empress and the Knight to establish this empire in the first place?
I saw on the website that you're not done telling Tetrine's story yet
(good, because Ending V has me curious!)
so I wondered if there are specific endings in Asher that are canon (or non-canon) for the sequel game(s).

ketskari
Veteran

Re: Asher [Supernatural/Suspense/Urban Fantasy] NEWS, see last page

#57 Post by ketskari »

Thank you! I'm so glad you liked it! :)
How long has the Empress been dead?
100 years. :) I think it's alluded to in Asher and Tell a Demon, but probably subtly.

What will that ship's explorers find beyond the bounds of the known?
That's definitely explored in the game after Asher, Tell a Demon.

If "the demon city" is in the Nell, why are there demons here?
There are several different kinds of demons. But I'll get into more details on the Aeserian afterlife in future stories (there's some stuff on what lives in the Nell that is alluded to in some endings in Tell a Demon).

Are the demons outside the city-states all descended from the Empress and the Knight?
Most of the old court demons (Mishel, Antonine, Kalevel) were 'made' by the Empress or the Knight. There's a few hints about that in Tell a Demon (Octavia and Felicia are the other court demons). The rest of the demons (the shadow kind) were made by Kialee or the Empress, after her blood became cursed.

What drew the Empress and the Knight to establish this empire in the first place?
That's definitely going to be a focus in the next game I'm working on, the Empress of Aeser. ;)
Most of the Markaius endings (especially I) would be considered canon. Tell a Demon continues from that story and so does The Empress of Aeser. I don't really consider any ending canon. There are some endings I've been thinking of going back to and continuing from once the Empress of Aeser is done. In other cases I might be able to make the player able to choose which ending to continue from, so long as it doesn't, say, render the events of Tell a Demon nonexistent or something like that.