Bar[BXG][SliceofLife]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
TheGameGirl
Github: https://github.com/Sirencove

Bar[BXG][SliceofLife]

#1 Post by TheGameGirl »

Play as a young man (19), who works at a beat up bar that attracts people of all kinds. Learn the stories of four characters who all have in one way or another found themselves at your bar drinking away their problems, and maybe they will end up helping you more than you think they could.

Features:
-7+ Endings (subject to change)
-3 Obtainable Characters
-Three different storylines
-Many choice options
-Funny and serious moments

Love Interests:

Madison - She has everything you wished you had at home and in life. You've seen her a bunch of times at the library writing, but she got kicked out after they found out she would annotate every book she would read. She recently started showing up at the bar out drinking even the hardest drunks. That's how you find out she has more internal conflict than a tornado and isn't the good girl you thought she would be...
Kelly - She often shows up to your bar already drunk after her night on the town. She is notorious for flirting with every guy who will look at her, but never does anything with them (which lands her in trouble a lot). She is very committed to her boyfriend who could care less. At first glance she is nothing but a bubbly young beauty having fun, but a closer look will reveal the twisted sick truth.
Diana - She lives in your same apartment complex, and grew up there like you did. She despises her mom, who was addicted to drugs and left Diana when she was ten. She was left with her dad who was less than capable. She works at the same bar as you in order to pay off her father's debts and to take care of her younger siblings. She in convinced that she never amount to anything more than a housewife, maybe a teacher if she's lucky. But she does have fantasies of being a doctor... if only she had enough hope or money to do so.
Progress:
-Graphics: 100%
-Script: 40%

It will be free, and I am planning to release it in a month. However, I may add more content (such as more storylines, and art) after its release.

*Although the graphics for the game are done, I have no CGs and I am looking for anyone willing to draw some for me. I am willing to do some writing in exchange for any work. Also even if your not an artist but still wish to support this game feel free to offer any services you can do. Even leaving comments of any kind help!*

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

Re: Bar[BXG][SliceofLife]

#2 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

While the premise sounds good, is this the tentative tile? "Bar" just sounds...basic. I can't think of any suggestions, but maybe changing the title might attract more people?

Honest Critique

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#3 Post by Fenrir34 »

Not a bad start, but I agree with Green Glasses Girl. Maybe make the title a bit more dramatic, since the game seems to be going in that direction. I think you got a good thing going here though. Hope you can finish it and good luck :)

JimG
Regular

#4 Post by JimG »

This looks very interesting, looking forward to it.

Best Regards
Jim

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#5 Post by thebackup »

A little suggestion, maybe give the bar a name, and title your game after that. It's what I did for a project I'm currently working on (although it's not a bar :) ). e.g. "Moonlight Pub"... or something.

Otherwise, it sounds interesting. Being a sucker for black-haired girls with glasses, I think I might go after Diana first :)

Good luck with it!

DaughterofDin

#6 Post by DaughterofDin »

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, and I like the idea of naming it after the bar. Now I just have to make up the bar name... But all the support means a lot!

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Lishy »

Is your artist... Alphes?
-

Angie
Regular

#8 Post by Angie »

Nice story! It got me interested.
I'd surely go afte Diana first... I love her storyline.

Good luck with everything!
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Lishy »

I am absolutely positive your artwork (especially Madison) was based off of the Touhou Alphes style. It even uses the same palette and shading style. I could tell, because it is a very distinct style involving vector shading, thick black outlines, and colored inlines. It also uses the same palette, and it is especially obvious on Madison. Not to mention, the eyes look as if they were copy-pasted directly from IaMP graphics.

Maybe it's not my place to say, but you should give credit where it is due.

edit: And this was my post #420. Smoke weed everyday!
-

TheGameGirl
Github: https://github.com/Sirencove

#10 Post by TheGameGirl »

Update time! Before everyone keeps going about the art i have not stolen it or copied and pasted anything. I have gained access to the art as part of an open source project that the artist alphes was kind enough to contribute too. I was never planning on taking credit for his work either, in fact the credits and contribution page was one of the first things I finished before really getting into the major work of the game. In fact the idea that I would steal an artists work, especially they amazing art of alphes frankly almost offends me as being a writer and artist myself.

As for the games actual update I'm proud to say the game is near completion! In an approxamite 1-2 week period the game will be finished! Thank you for all the support!

JimG
Regular

#11 Post by JimG »

TheGameGirl wrote:As for the games actual update I'm proud to say the game is near completion! In an approxamite 1-2 week period the game will be finished! Thank you for all the support!
Wow, you are really working fast. I am really looking forward to this, can't wait to see how this works out.

Best Regards
Jim