In Orbit [GxG Otome] [Romance/Sci-fi]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

Re: In Orbit [GxG Otome] [Romance/Sci-fi]

#16 Post by Greeny »

Act 1, line 834 wrote:"Don't stare at my scars. It is rude."
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran

#17 Post by Greeny »

I realized I haven't posted the fullbody character images!

Surely you wanted to see them! Guess I'll have to make up for lost time by.... posting them one at a time, slowly.
Starting with everyone's favorite love interest.

In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#18 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Is it bad I find him really attractive--?! Keep up the great work ^^!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Greeny »

Hazel-Bun wrote:Is it bad I find him really attractive--?!
Of course not, he's the main character after all.

In writing news:
Now, I know I could probably write 30 000 words in each route that all basically amount to: "they cuddle and maybe kiss a little"
...but I'm just not that kind of writer and this is just not that kind of story.

I think I may have neglected to mention this before, but In Orbit is a Romance Drama.
Expect disaster.

Also, when there's kissing it's more than a little.

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by Greeny »

I would just like to point out that the lackluster graphic design of the first post in no way represents the quality of the final product. It represents my overeagerness to post this thread before I had made any kind of plan for it at all. Speaking of, the graphic designer has been MIA again.

Okay, I guess I'll post another fullbody! No more kidding around, I know everyone was really waiting for this one:

In writing news:
I've been working on charting the endings. Instead of the flowchart finally reaching a "branchpoint" leading to a number of different blocks considered "endings" with a unique CG at the end, I decided I'd rather consider everything that happens after the last choice point the "ending". In that way, there are no countable 'endings', and various that happen after that points reflect your various choices and show how all the plot threads get resolved, as well as potentially changing the 'context' of them.

So it will be like Mass Effect, where the last 30 minutes reflect your choices but people end up only seeing the very last bit as the end and so they complain all the endings are the same and I have to retire from writing forever.

bellice
Veteran

#21 Post by bellice »

Greeny wrote:
Act 1, line 834 wrote:"Don't stare at my scars. It is rude."
Yeah, that ain't gonna work, missy. You just be glad I don't randomly start licking your face touching them.

And as far as the full-body shot is concerned: Heeeellooooo, agent. 8)

Drama is good. Drama makes the pay-off all the sweeter. *sigh* Is this game done yet? :lol:
(And don't worry, I will forgive you a ME3-like ending, as long as the main character doesn't die in almost every ending and you can't do crap about it. Though I would refrain from offering coloured endings. That might give some people bad flashbacks.)

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#22 Post by Caveat Lector »

Greeny wrote:Ultimately, however, I didn't want to try and obfusciate which choices are romance flags, either. It will be easy to make sure you get the romance you want.
Waaahhh....Greeny's going easy on us, now? What is this madness!? :lol:

Also, basically, from how I understand it, the final choice, and resulting ending, would be based around the choices we make developing the protagonist's character, right?
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Greeny »

Caveat Lector wrote:
Greeny wrote:Ultimately, however, I didn't want to try and obfusciate which choices are romance flags, either. It will be easy to make sure you get the romance you want.
Waaahhh....Greeny's going easy on us, now? What is this madness!? :lol:
Madness?

THIS. IS.

ROMAAAAAAANCEEEE

Ahem.
Caveat Lector wrote:Also, basically, from how I understand it, the final choice, and resulting ending, would be based around the choices we make developing the protagonist's character, right?
Basically, yes. But it goes beyond the main character. Your actions and words may end up having an effect on other characters' development, even the relationship between characters!

I'm not going to go too far with this, in favor of making sure every end is worthwhile (except the 'bad' bad end I guess), but there will be multiple plot arcs that all come together in the last scenes.

I'm almost finished perfecting the romance branch evolution. If you want, you'll be able to express attraction to every singe romance interest, and still end up with a single one of them in a way that feels natural to the story! Of course, following this path will say a little something between the lines about your version of Dr. Evelyn Williams... :mrgreen:

Next fullbody!
Zooky is probably going to come across as the Author's Favorite simply due to her number of appearances and plot involvement. This has nothing to do with her bust size and everything to do with her extraordinary talent for causing trouble.

But everyone knows my favorite character is the Chief Technician who doesn't even get a name or a sprite.

Lora
Regular
Projects: High Fog

#24 Post by Lora »

I love disaster (in my fiction)! And sci-fi. And those full-body images. Mass Effect-style endings are ok as long as I haven't invested $100+ in the franchise, haha :P I am really liking the premise and the concept so far! I am partial to the busty troublemaker love interest, what a cutie. Would like to see more progress as it occurs.

DruidKitsune

#25 Post by DruidKitsune »

By the Stars this looks so good! I love Sci-Fi so you for sure have sparked my interest! Throw in the fact that it will feature yuri and I am one excited kitty for this to come out!! I do have fears of a mass effect 3-ish ending, not sure my gaming heart can take another blow like that lol, to echo the same sentiments as bellice if the protagonist lives were all good :). I love me some Agent 9 and her smexy scars! Although Zooky is super adorable also! Do you post more updates on here or your website? I look forward to seeing more about In Orbit.

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran

#26 Post by Greeny »

Um, when I made that reference to the Mass Effect 3 ending, it mas more of a joke pertaining to the true scope of the ending going unappreciated... there will be no choices nullified, no untimely character deaths, no colorful choices (ending will feature NO choices - you'll have to ride along on your choices from across the entire story!), no galactic explosions, no sudden exposition dump, no congratulating pop-up, no time-skip to old men, no... Okay, sorry I'll stop. I did like ME3, but... xD;;

Random fun facts about words appearing in the script!
- The word "gay" appears exactly 0 times.
- The word "queer" appears exactly 0 times.
- The word "homosexual" appears exactly 0 times.

Time to meet the patient!
A unique feature of the Nu'Nam species is that some of their races have skin that sparkles.
Yes, I seriously wrote that into the continuity. Yes, it's expained why in the story.
No, this one doesn't.
Do you post more updates on here or your website? I look forward to seeing more about In Orbit.
The WIP thread here is run by me personally, so you can expect more in-depth development updates here, however, you'll find exclusive previews spread out over here, our website, our Twitter and our Facebook page. Our PR Officer, Andromeda, says this will encourage you guys to

collect 'em all

...where does she come up with this stuff.
Our most active channel is Twitter, so if you follow us there you'll be kept up to date on any new blog posts on the website as well.

rainbowcascade
Regular

#27 Post by rainbowcascade »

I'm really excited for this VN, so I'll probably bump this thread every time you update to encourage you guys. Work hard! In Orbit looks very promising. :D

Just my two cents you can ignore though; Love the body suits, the boots and designs on them are quite sexy. It's just that the crotch protectors bug me.
But I don't think it'll matter anyways since we'll probably see the sprites at torso length the whole time.

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by Greeny »

Hmm, it seems Fei isn't getting much love. Ah, well. Time to cut her from the story. Who needs three love interests anyways.

That reminds, me I haven't posted the fullbody for love interest #2, the clone of the protagonist!
rainbowcascade wrote:It's just that the crotch protectors bug me.
Better that the crotch protectors bug you than a lack thereof bugging the wearer! ;)

I'd just like to mention that the first post in no way reflects the overall polish of the final release... I probably should have consulted my graphics designer before hasily putting it together.

I'm thinking that for the demo, I might go as far as to include the entire first Act. I don't really know how else to make the pacing reflect the story that comes after that. It's a little much though, perhaps I should omit a number of scenes from that act, also to speed up production. I can't imagine myself writing a scene that can be missed, though... xD

Oh, did I mention a demo? I hope I didn't let it slip that I hope to have that done by end July. Me and my big mouth.

JimG
Regular

#29 Post by JimG »

[quote]Hmm, it seems Fei isn't getting much love. Ah, well. Time to cut her from the story. Who needs three love interests anyways. /quote]

That's so unfair, why get rid of the pervert? Usually stories need more perverts, not less. :D

Best Regards
Jim

rainbowcascade
Regular

#30 Post by rainbowcascade »

Greeny wrote:Hmm, it seems Fei isn't getting much love. Ah, well. Time to cut her from the story. Who needs three love interests anyways.
Fei has that silver fox appeal. Maybe she's younger than she looks? I assume she's older than the rest of the ladies due to her white hair. But anyways, I like dirty old ladies so Fei is probably going to be my fave.