Magicians of Delphine[GxB][BxB][Dating Sim]ALPHA(July 8)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

Re: Magicians of Delphine[GxB][BxB][Otome][Fantasy][Dating S

#91 Post by Rinima »

I....
I'm so behind ;~;
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#92 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

I don't really consider myself a VN player, but the character art is simply too gorgeous to ignore. Looking forward to playing when you finish.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#93 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

I agree, I love the artwork! Your art is just fantastic in general.

I love Rima's character design~<3

Honest Critique

Roocie

#94 Post by Roocie »

Hi!
I've just read through all this and I must say it all looks absolutely amazing :D It's been a while since you've updated so... How is it going? :) I really don't want to bother you so sorry if I am - but I would love to know how it's going and if you're still in on this ^^

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran

#95 Post by Rinima »

Just wondering, but is this still in production?

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#96 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

^Yeah, I also want to know how this game is progressing. Any updates? :D

Honest Critique

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#97 Post by akemicchi »

Hi everyone!

I'm glad people are still interested in my game, ahaha. I took a two month unannounced hiatus (got myself addicted to TegakiE and roleplaying again arghhh)-- but I came back and settled down to work on it earlier this month. Work on this game is coming along really nicely except my projected word count for Part I keeps growing. orz I have a little bit of writing for the girls' route now but I think I'll have to bump the word count for Part 1 up a little higher (170,000 words) instead of the projected 150,000. I know I really need to cut back but there's so much I want to do and I love this project of mine so much I just...

I still think I'll be able to make a demo within two months so projected demo date is now the end of June in order to compensate for my two month hiatus. If the routes aren't finished by then, I'll just cut off the gameplay to like, half the year instead of the whole year so it'll definitely be out. I'd really like feedback on the gameplay and characters before I proceed to editing Part I and working on Part II.

Battle System: Still nothing on this. AHAHAHA. I kind of don't want to implement it in my game. I get pretty discouraged when I think of all the work that needs to be done and how little I know to make it work. orz

Sprites: Mostly I've been working on the script, but I'm working on linearting the character sprite sketches that I have, too. Each character has about three poses so it's a lot of work but I'm having a lot of fun doing it. It's a great change of pace from writing all the time, ahaha. I'm thinking of coloring them all at the same time so everything looks uniform.
&quot;I will teach you even if you do not agree with me, but I will tell you this right now: it is unreasonable to expect me to be the better man.&quot;
"I will teach you even if you do not agree with me, but I will tell you this right now: it is unreasonable to expect me to be the better man."
&quot;I'll be there to pull you out of death's grip anytime, alright, Aleo?&quot;
"I'll be there to pull you out of death's grip anytime, alright, Aleo?"
&quot;...................................&quot;
"..................................."
Miscellaneous: I made myself a rudimentary shop system. It all seems a bit excessive though since you'll only be able to shop like, three times during all of Part I, so I might just delete it. I'm also using lists to make it work and for some reason it just initializes your starting items whenever you reload it. I haven't tried with save yet, but if I can't make it work, I'll just delete it and go with something simpler like a menu.
screenshot0006.png
I'll reply to all the comments the next time I post and maybe update the first page too. I just wanted to get this update out. :'D I really, really appreciate it, guys. You don't know how much it means to me to see that people are interested in this.
Statistics:

The game contains 13,503 dialogue blocks, containing 169,733 words and 911,384
characters, for an average of 12.6 words and 67 characters per block.

The game contains 112 menus, 67 images, and 17 screens.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran

#98 Post by Rinima »

Yay! Glad you're still working, I look forward to playing the demo :D

And do you really need to cut down? Would it help or hinder the story?
If it would hinder, I would highly suggest you don't cut down.

At to the shop, since you can only visit it three times in one year, I can't say I think it'll be worthwhile... but others might think differently ^.^

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#99 Post by Mimi_Melody »

You're only cutting down the demo if it's not finished on time right? (I'm sorry to say this but I don't play demos, especially games I like 'cuz they'll leave me hanging and desperate for the full game XD)
And if you wanna add anything to the story, I think it's a great idea, it'll help the story deepen right? I'm glad you love the project so much and still work on it! Just make sure don't put too much work for yourself though.
I kinda like the shop, I mean, you can only visit it 3 times, it'll be like some kind of rare event that only happens once after a long time LOL. you don't have to add a battle system if you don't feel like it. I'm here for the good story (and art) so I'm fine with anything.
Ps. Loving Tiberus' blue expression :lol: Did he eat something bad? XD

Roocie

#100 Post by Roocie »

Aha, welcome back :D Thank you so much for the update - it looks good! And man, two months isn't even that long, and I'm looking forward to the demo ^^ It pleases me to hear you enjoy it so much, it's as it should be :) However, I don't feel like it's a necessity to cut down on the length of the story?? :) on the contrary, I think it's better if it's longer! As long as it doesn't get like too lengthy/drawn out, I think you'll be fine! ^^

LucaMadison
Regular
Projects: Heart of Thorns.
Organization: Ichigo no Kokoro Productions.

#101 Post by LucaMadison »

I love de CGs art! This project is awesome! ^^
Image Image Image Image Image

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#102 Post by try10 »

NICE! Thank you so much for the update! :D

Maiden-of-Wolves
Projects: Shifting Realities

#103 Post by Maiden-of-Wolves »

1. I know there's probably not much to go on, but does the premise at least sound somewhat interesting? :S Would it be a game you'd be interested in playing? Can I ask what about it is interesting or not interesting to you? (Gameplay plan, plot, characters, art, etc)
It certainly does sound interesting! I'd play it just to find out more about this world you've built! :"3

I like the fact that you've separated the two portions (DS first, then VN), as sometimes combining the two can become overwhelming to a user. It also allows us to focus more on the story rather than just on strategies for stat-raising. ^_^

I also like the fact that you have magicians essentially in a power position over the rest of the people. It's usually 'abilities' come with a lot of fear and distrust from the average populace, so it's interesting to see it play out differently (like with people 'in awe' of them).

I also love that you've made every single character so different from one another, both in visual and personality! It's difficult to do that with such a large cast, so I give you major props for that. <3
2. In your opinion, would you be interested in a battle system? Or should I work on it first and release a demo with it before asking...?
I think that a battle system should be included, but it only really makes sense to have it in the second half. I know how much of a pain it would be to program a battle system, however, and I would still download/buy it if it didn't have a battle system in it. :3
3. What are you expecting from the game, based on what you've read?
A sense of customization from the stat-raising portion, preferably with such strategies playing a role in how things play out in Part 2 (with the VN/possible battle system). Fun character interactions and beautiful CG's/Character Sprites/BG's. <3 A well thought-out world and lore in which all the characters fit nicely.
(Seriously, I'd do almost anything to be able to create art like yours...)

4. Do you think separating the game into two distinct parts is a good idea (a predominantly dating-sim game play for the first half followed by a pure VN)?
[[Kinda already addressed this in answer one. xD]]

5. Any questions about the game? Feedback? Critique? Type away!
You're awesome! Not only are you an amazing artist, but you're clearly humble about it and you're also very creative in terms of world-building and character-creation. Be sure to pat yourself on the back once in awhile, akemicchi -- you totally deserve it!

Also...how long have you been drawing? (I've only been at it seriously for a few years...) And did you take lessons/practice a crapload? Or are you just super awesomely talented? <3

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#104 Post by akemicchi »

Ok ok ok, these are really late, but gonna get started on replies now! THIS IS REALLY LONG BTW SORRY.
daikiraikimi wrote:
Hm, well, that depends on the purpose of your game. Do you want your game to be primarily about Aleo and the relationships they have with others? Or primarily about the plot? If it's leaning towards the plot I can see how people can feel their choices don't matter. However, if it's more leaning towards relationships then there's a way to get around this. Have the players choices affect the ending-- just not necessarily how X is defeated. You could make up a different way for X to defeat himself depending on who the MC got with. Play to their strength, and have that influence how things went down with X.

If the endings are different enough, I don't think players will care if X dies no matter what.
Hmm, that's a really interesting way of putting it. I figured my only choices would to either 1) decide on a common ending for the bad guy or 2) have multiple endings for him depending on the character you're with. I never thought to just have the bad guy's ending only slightly influenced. I'll definitely take that up. ovob
daikiraikimi wrote:You can incorporate the "survival strategy" even without a battle system. Instead of fighting to keep people from dying, have their deaths be dependent on choices the MC made earlier in the game. Did they give A a gift? That gift saves their life. Did they train with B? B is a better fighter for it, and survives when they wouldn't otherwise. Or maybe the MC helped C with a self esteem or personal problem-- they were passively suicidal before and now they have the will to live. If the MC hadn't talked to them they would have hesitated just one more second before getting out of the way. In D's storyline, maybe they reconciled with their sister. She saves their life in the final battle, but they'll die if she doesn't.

Lots of ways to make this work! :D
I swear, you're chock full of amazing ideas. //// I'm really jealous. xD
daikiraikimi wrote:You can totally teach yourselves. You'll need a source book-- either hard copy or a .pdf, or both. You just read the source book to learn the rules-- you also need to get some character sheets to print out, which are usually available for free from the company's website. Or you can download fan versions. Basically you get together with some friends and start reading the book! Learn the rules and setting, get inspired to make a character, etc. One person will be the GM, and they'll control the environment and NPCs, as well as write the plot for the campaign. Everyone else will write a backstory for their character and control that one character throughout the story.

It is easier if someone already knows the system, but it is by no means necessary.
Awesome! Good to know it's not necessary to have someone to teach it! Now all I'll need are people to play with... xD
daikiraikimi wrote::D Yeah, and people will love Faeren for who he is. Some people will complain, but if that's who he is then that's who he is. There are other people they can date. I also like this because then the game isn't subtly teaching people that you can have anyone you want, regardless of their sexual or romantic orientation. Too many folks try to "cure" asexuals and aromantics in real life. ><
I've been editing my events for Faeran to be more platonic now and so far everything just feels more natural. I'm really pleased with how it's turning out. Thanks for that!! :D

But it's still true asexuals and aromantics can have romantic relationships though, right? It might not be in the traditional sense of romantic relationships (they might not even call it a romantic relationship) but in the sense that they seek companionship and closeness unlike the relationship friendships and familial relationships can offer? Or is there no difference between a friend and being a lover save for the sexual aspect of the relationship? I have 0 experience with romance so I have no idea, haha.

@ xxxSakura
xxxSakura wrote:Gosh, I'm so excited for this game you have no idea! The art is breath-taking, and the entire quality seems to be rocketing skyhigh for a free to play game! :3
Ahh, thank you! /// I really appreciate hearing this! I just want to do everything at my utmost ability. Hopefully the writing and storytelling will come up to par with the art, haha.
xxxSakura wrote:It goes way beyond interesting. I think one of the many factors that captures my mind is definitely the art, and the quality of the plot (which sounds original and free of general cliches, at the moment). That, and the fact that I'm a complete sucker for fantasy-based games, otome or not! :lol: If a battle system were ever implemented, it could be made optional because I'm not sure if everyone will appreciate the essence of RPG (though I'm definitely for it!) I think it'll be a great addition to the game, seeing as how it deals with different elements of magic it'll be great if the player gets to exercise these powers. As for what I'm expecting, I don't know, an epic fantasy x otome game with beautiful art? :lol:
I'm really glad to hear that!! Thank you for your thoughts. :)

Hmm, I'm actually not as in-depth about the stats. Most of my focus right now is on the characters and Aleo's interactions with them. I should definitely have more stat related events in my game. Thank you! I-I really doubt it'll be anything epic; I don't really have plans to make it epic. I only want it to be a pleasant and enjoyable experience. :'D
xxxSakura wrote:P.S. I'm already a fangirl of Tiberus and Faeran ;w;
!!! I'm super glad to hear that. I'm always excited when someone mentions who their favorites are, eheheh. (It's one of the things I look the most forward to when I'll finally release the demo to play.) Hopefully they won't disappoint!

@ Aruise
Aruise wrote:fantasy+romace? I'LL DEFINITELY PLAY THIS o//w//o

Anyway your art are so amazing *PLEASETEACHMEMASTER* , and the story sounds promising also interesting so far. *w*
Oh and another one that catch my attention is the MC which I found very interesting especially her/his personality. (that pocky scene, IT'S HILARIOUS XD)
I'm really look forward to this, soooo good luck! :D
Ahhh, thank you so much. I'm glad my art and the story is interesting. I just want people to give it a chance, eheh. |-D I'm glad to hear the pocky scene was funny!! Hopefully the MC is relatable! She's a bit more... awkward than most people. :'D

@ Rinima
Rinima wrote:I....
I'm so behind ;~;
*pats you* ;v;

@ TrickWithAKnife
TrickWithAKnife wrote:I don't really consider myself a VN player, but the character art is simply too gorgeous to ignore. Looking forward to playing when you finish.
:O --!!!
Thank you so much! I'm super flattered to hear this, you don't even know. //////o|-<

@Green Glasses Girl
Green Glasses Girl wrote:I agree, I love the artwork! Your art is just fantastic in general.

I love Rima's character design~<3
Ahh, thank you so much! I'm glad you think so!! I love Rima's design, too. ^q^

@ Roocie
Roocie wrote:Hi!
I've just read through all this and I must say it all looks absolutely amazing :D It's been a while since you've updated so... How is it going? :) I really don't want to bother you so sorry if I am - but I would love to know how it's going and if you're still in on this ^^
Really sorry for the late reply! But yes, I just took a break from it but I'm still working on it bit by bit!

---------------------------------------
Rinima wrote:And do you really need to cut down? Would it help or hinder the story?
If it would hinder, I would highly suggest you don't cut down.
Mimi_Melody wrote:You're only cutting down the demo if it's not finished on time right?
Roocie wrote: However, I don't feel like it's a necessity to cut down on the length of the story?? :) on the contrary, I think it's better if it's longer! As long as it doesn't get like too lengthy/drawn out, I think you'll be fine! ^^
The only thing I'll be cutting down is the length of the demo, not the length of the game! :) I originally planned on releasing all of Part I, but I'm most likely just going to end it earlier like halfway through the year. I haven't properly gone and edited all my writing yet, and I don't have graphics except for placeholders and really weird sketches for the CG Events, so it'll mostly be a 'Demo 0.5' version asking for feedback on the scenarios, the characters, pacing, plot, and the gameplay. I'm thinking of releasing a second demo once I've completely finished with Part I with all the changes implemented from the feedback of Demo 0.5. That demo's focus is on getting feedback on the changes, the battle system, and the art. If I get feedback I mean. I hope I get feedback...! o|-<
Rinima wrote:At to the shop, since you can only visit it three times in one year, I can't say I think it'll be worthwhile... but others might think differently ^.^
Mimi_Melody wrote:I kinda like the shop, I mean, you can only visit it 3 times, it'll be like some kind of rare event that only happens once after a long time LOL. you don't have to add a battle system if you don't feel like it. I'm here for the good story (and art) so I'm fine with anything.
Ooh! Thanks for your input, Rinima, Mimi_Melody! I'm thinking as long as I don't make it any fancier and it does its purpose well, I could just keep it even though you can visit it only a few times. It depends on whether or not it keeps giving me problems, haha. Maybe I could think up of more instances when the MC can visit shops? Like having a vendor that appears at the end of every month. Nothing obtrusive like an event you see EVERY month, but just an extra option when interacting with the characters or something like that. Hmm...
Mimi_Melody wrote:Ps. Loving Tiberus' blue expression :lol: Did he eat something bad? XD
Hahaha, there's actually a lot of food poisoning events in my game but nah, the general hasn't eaten anything bad. At least, not yet. (Maybe he should?... I need farting sound effects in my game, HAHA.) His soldiers (especially the magicians) are pretty weird and have weird habits and manners, especially the MC. They kind of freak him out sometimes so...
Mimi_Melody wrote:And if you wanna add anything to the story, I think it's a great idea, it'll help the story deepen right? I'm glad you love the project so much and still work on it! Just make sure don't put too much work for yourself though.
Roocie wrote:Aha, welcome back :D Thank you so much for the update - it looks good! And man, two months isn't even that long, and I'm looking forward to the demo ^^ It pleases me to hear you enjoy it so much, it's as it should be :)
Thank you, guys!!
LucaMadison wrote:I love de CGs art! This project is awesome! ^^
Thank you so much! I really appreciate hearing that!! They're just sketches right now but hopefully they'll turn out nicely. :'D
try10 wrote:NICE! Thank you so much for the update! :D
Thank you for keeping up with my game! Sorry for taking an unannounced hiatus! I didn't think I'd be on a break for so long, aha.
Maiden-of-Wolves wrote:It certainly does sound interesting! I'd play it just to find out more about this world you've built! :"3

I like the fact that you've separated the two portions (DS first, then VN), as sometimes combining the two can become overwhelming to a user. It also allows us to focus more on the story rather than just on strategies for stat-raising. ^_^
Thank you! I'm glad!

Glad you like that it's split into two parts. I'm pretty nervous about doing something like this since I personally don't know if I would like a game that's split into two distinct parts. It'd mostly depend on how it's executed, so I'm worried I won't be able to pull it off. Well, I'll just do my best...
Maiden-of-Wolves wrote:I also like the fact that you have magicians essentially in a power position over the rest of the people. It's usually 'abilities' come with a lot of fear and distrust from the average populace, so it's interesting to see it play out differently (like with people 'in awe' of them).

I also love that you've made every single character so different from one another, both in visual and personality! It's difficult to do that with such a large cast, so I give you major props for that. <3
Actually, there's more fear and distrust involved than awe, haha. :'D Magicians are thought to be grotesque monsters in game, but they're winning important battles so people sort of tolerate them!

Thank you!! I'm glad they're not all the same, ahaha. The biggest trouble I have with art is design. I worked really hard at that, and even if it's just clothes and color schemes they're different in, I'm pretty happy with them. Hopefully their personalities really shine through in the game though!
Maiden-of-Wolves wrote:I think that a battle system should be included, but it only really makes sense to have it in the second half. I know how much of a pain it would be to program a battle system, however, and I would still download/buy it if it didn't have a battle system in it. :3
Whoa. I didn't really think about the battle system being in Part II. I feel like including maybe one or two for the final boss battle in the True Route or something like that, but... only having it in Part II? That's an interesting idea! It would allow players to be more casual about their leveling strategies since as long as they reach the numbers by the end of Part I, they'll be good. Hmm, I need to think more on this...
Maiden-of-Wolves wrote:A sense of customization from the stat-raising portion, preferably with such strategies playing a role in how things play out in Part 2 (with the VN/possible battle system). Fun character interactions and beautiful CG's/Character Sprites/BG's. <3 A well thought-out world and lore in which all the characters fit nicely.
(Seriously, I'd do almost anything to be able to create art like yours...)
AHAHA, I DON'T KNOW IF I COULD LIVE UP TO THOSE EXPECTATIONS. I feel the pressure mounting ahhhh I must do better...
(FFFFF ;__; T-thank you so much! orz)
Maiden-of-Wolves wrote:You're awesome! Not only are you an amazing artist, but you're clearly humble about it and you're also very creative in terms of world-building and character-creation. Be sure to pat yourself on the back once in awhile, akemicchi -- you totally deserve it!

Also...how long have you been drawing? (I've only been at it seriously for a few years...) And did you take lessons/practice a crapload? Or are you just super awesomely talented? <3
omfg, thank you so much. You're too nice. //////o|-<

I've been drawing seriously for... less than a decade now? Most of my drawing skills come from drawing a lot when I was younger, though I don't draw very often anymore. :'D Being an active RPer in TegakiE also helped a lot with my skills. I draw for long hours at a time (like... easily 10 straight hours if I have nothing else I have to do) when I pick up my tablet pen, but I only have a finished piece maybe once every few weeks to a few months. It's a cycle. If I'm RPing or if I feel inspired, I pick up a pen and draw everyday for as long as I can until I burn myself out and get sick of it! Then I take a long break and pick it up again and it goes on and on...

I just have an obsessive personality! Haha. o|-<

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#105 Post by noeinan »

akemicchi wrote: Hmm, that's a really interesting way of putting it. I figured my only choices would to either 1) decide on a common ending for the bad guy or 2) have multiple endings for him depending on the character you're with. I never thought to just have the bad guy's ending only slightly influenced. I'll definitely take that up. ovob
akemicchi wrote:I swear, you're chock full of amazing ideas. //// I'm really jealous. xD
Haha, well, I'm sure it's a lot harder when you're actually writing it. I'm generally more of an idea person-- I come up with lots of ideas but then never do anything with them. ;.; Somehow I still remember them, so I've still got little story plots I made up in elementary school. I'm trying to get some of my stories out after discovering Ren'Py-- but I don't consider myself that great of a writer so we'll see. ^^; (I'm currently working on a game about centaurs, and have a writer on board which is a great help! But I feel not many writers would be willing to write about someone elses ideas, they would want to write their own...)

In any case, I'm glad I can help you brainstorm. :) You've got a great work ethic-- doing all the art and story and programming yourself-- and really that's more important to creating than just coming up with ideas because ideas never become anything without hard work.
akemicchi wrote:I've been editing my events for Faeran to be more platonic now and so far everything just feels more natural. I'm really pleased with how it's turning out. Thanks for that!! :D

But it's still true asexuals and aromantics can have romantic relationships though, right? It might not be in the traditional sense of romantic relationships (they might not even call it a romantic relationship) but in the sense that they seek companionship and closeness unlike the relationship friendships and familial relationships can offer? Or is there no difference between a friend and being a lover save for the sexual aspect of the relationship? I have 0 experience with romance so I have no idea, haha.
Definitely true that they can still have romantic relationships, but not all of them want to? Romantic asexuals are more likely to seek relationships out because they feel like they want that type of bond. Aromantics are less likely-- but I think some of them want the exclusive companionship that is generally only considered acceptable in a romantic relationship, and thus decide "why the hell not, even if I don't get the romance I get the bond so it doesn't really matter to me."

On the difference between romantic relationships and friendships... Romantics would tell you there is a difference. :) Personally, I'm demi-romantic, so I have only experienced romantic attraction after forming a strong emotional bond with someone. (And then, only if they express romantic interest in me first! If they're cool to be friends, I'm cool to be friends, though with close friends I sometimes get jealous of their significant others. Not because I want romance, but because they consider that romantic partner to be more important than me no matter what, because a lot of people think romance is closer than non-romance by default. When I was younger, I had my best friends all suddenly drop me from "most important person" to "always less important than my boyfriend/girlfriend" and I would get really angsty, like "why do lovers always have to come first!?")

A lot of aromantic people don't understand the difference between romantic and platonic relationships. They just see a bunch of stuff they'll be required to do that they don't want to (like dates, or giving flowers, or holding hands-- all dependent on the persons personal preference.) I myself sometimes wonder if I'm just aromantic, but okay with being in a romantic relationship because it allows me to be closer with someone, as people often won't allow themselves to show a certain level of vulnerability to anyone but a lover. I'm not completely sure about the difference between romantic and platonic-- but then, I've always had "romantic friendships", or very close friendships that some folks would see as bordering on romantic. (Romantic Two Girl Friendship only without the gender restrictions.)

Oh, and some aromantics are just asocial in general, and don't want close relationships with others. (Though, they may still want friends-- just not the really, really close ones. Or they may not!) It's really complicated, but really it just boils down to "it depends on the person", haha.