The Mishka Effect [Nano14] [Time Loop] [Comedy] [UPDATED]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

Re: The Mishka Effect [Nano14] [Time Loop] [Comedy]

#16 Post by chocojax »

Haha, is this a good thing or a bad thing? :D
A good thing! It's the sort of confused where I understand it and find it interesting, but I'm just... confused! Haha. When I got my first ending, I was left quite breathless, 'cause I was piecing it all together in my head.

Looking forward to the update! :0)!!

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#17 Post by kaleidofish »

@Fenrir34:

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it! Mishka was a fun character to write for - I'm glad he could make you laugh. Good news is that we're in the process of forming ourselves into a team for a new visual novel. Expect to see more works from The Mishka Effect crew in the future. :D
Let me know how the recipe goes! XD
@chocojax:

Oh, okay, good! Glad it was a good kind of confused. XD Hopefully we'll have the update out some time in May. Due to school, I can't make any promises, but odds are looking good. :)

---

Thank you again to everyone who's played and supported The Mishka Effect, even the ones who haven't commented or replied here. I had an excellent time working on this, and hearing everyone's feedback has really propelled me forward. :D
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

shortycake
Regular
Completed: Night in the Cottage
Projects: The Mishka Effect, Nocturnal Affair, Lethe, Alice in Neverland, Behind the Doll's eyes[WIP]
Deviantart: shortpencil
itch: shortycake

#18 Post by shortycake »

*ehem* *ehem*
Thank you for plaing the TME guys! Love you all! *blow kisses*
Here, enjoy some pic of the first Mishka XD
sample.png
sampy.png

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#19 Post by Fenrir34 »

Np and cool. I'll defiantly play your games again. I really loved this one. And don't worry, I'll tell you how it turns out when I get a chance to make it :mrgreen:

unknown5
Veteran
Completed: (see sig)
Projects: slit-mouth girl, purifier, etc.

#20 Post by unknown5 »

loved the oddball humor, art, gui, music. the game experience was akin to peeling the layers of a temporal onion - flavored with the salty tears of laughter.
(i have no idea what that's supposed to mean.)
=D
information wants to be free, yo.

Bouki
Regular

#21 Post by Bouki »

Played it last night, and boy, did I love it. Loved the humor, the story and of course, our protagonist Mishka! I got the Time Loop ending first time, but I will try to get the other one too.
I loved how it was written, it was fun to read especially when you go through so many loops and have to deal with other Mishkas. I got a headache trying to solve the mystery, though ^^ My favorite thing was how you had to negotiate with Mishka Plain, made his character much more better in my opinion. I am not sure why, but at that point I just awwww'ed and felt sorry for him. The way he felt was understandable. Actually, just when we told him about the plan, I thought ''I wouldn't accept if I were him.'' and bam! he said the same. It happened quite a few times throughout the game, like just when I thought ''But why does he spend so much money??'' he explains that money didn't matter since he would go back eventually. Anyways, I really had fun reading it, and wanted to say I envy your writing skills. And your plotting. I adore time travel stories though, therefore I might be slightly biased but I still think this story was neat. I can't believe it's NanoReno actually, it looks so polished and... well-made? I dunno. But whoever did that extras part with all versions of Mishka's, you deserve all the crunchwiches in the world.
Overall, really good job and I look forward to your future projects! ^^

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#22 Post by kaleidofish »

Version 2 Out Now!!!
Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to play The Mishka Effect over the past year and some months. The other day, we released the second version that includes better graphics, improved animations, over double the amount of CGs the first one had, and MORE! I think one of the best new features is a flowchart. Hopefully, it'll help ease the confusion for folks. :D

You can download The Mishka Effect v2.0 on itch.io, GameJolt, or Google Play!

---

@unknown5: I don't know exactly what that means either, but I'm pretty sure it's a good thing so I'll take it! Thank you so much. :D

@Bouki: Thank you!
Yeah, plotting things out was rather difficult. I had to keep rather extensive notes. I'm glad it all paid off though, and I'm happy that you liked the story so much.
This game wouldn't have been what it was without the help of everyone on the TME team. Right around the deadline, I got hit with something rather devastating, but my teammates were able to bring this across the finish line for me and I'll never be able to thank them enough for that. TME will always have a special place in my heart. And version 2.0 took all of the polish that version 1.0 had a step forward. :)

Thanks again to everyone who has downloaded and played The Mishka Effect! Crunchwiches for you all.
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

SeventhStranger
Regular

Re: The Mishka Effect [Nano14] [Time Loop] [Comedy] [UPDATED

#23 Post by SeventhStranger »

Thanks to your thread revival, I was able to discover your game and really enjoyed it!
I enjoy the witty writing style. :)

DrSchizo
Regular
Tumblr: ninesquarezone

Re: The Mishka Effect [Nano14] [Time Loop] [Comedy] [UPDATED

#24 Post by DrSchizo »

You can now play online to The Mishka Effect on Sandbox Adventure.

The game is in full HTML5 so there is no need to download or install anything. It just work in any browser with Javascript activated.
Of course, it is 100% free. You can register to save your game but you don't have to register to play.

While in game, hit F1 to view the shortcuts list.

You can find more information about Sandbox Adventure Engine on this thread.

I hope you will like it. Don't hesitate to report bugs if you find any.

Have fun! ;)