Seeking Sprite Artist (Trade for Singer,Writer,&Programmer)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

Seeking Sprite Artist (Trade for Singer,Writer,&Programmer)

#1 Post by Fenrir34 »

I've been looking for a sprite artist for Wallflowers-The Cursed Lotuses. It's a Fantasy/Otome game Visual Novel with some mature elements. The game is free and I wouldn't be able to pay because I'm a student (Or at least not right now). However, I can offer my programming skills and even my singing voice. I don't know if it's any good but here's a sample of it http://sleiphericwings.tumblr.com/ (The Video is a bit static because of my computer. Sorry :( ) As for the programming part, I know basic coding and have enhanced my skills thanks to the people on Lemma Soft, so if you want a simple game or a long one, I can help.

Also, if anyone wants help with an idea I can do that. Here's a sample of my writing from a story I've been doing.
The eyes of a young boy stared at the tip of my sword. He looked at me fearfully. I just stared at him and the strange features that he had. Silver hair as light as the moon, and white eyes that, even with no color, one could still tell what he was feeling.
That didn't stop me from being suspicious of him however. He might've looked human but his features easily distinguished him into the monster class. It was only because of Kira's sudden calmness that I didn't strike him down.
“Who are you?”I asked sternly. He just looked at me, terrified. “Speak!”
The boy stepped back from my sudden outburst yet didn't run away. Her began to irritate me. “You better tell me you're business boy, or I'll cut out your tongue.” His eyes widened.
“P-please don't hurt me...,” he stuttered. His voice was low but held gentleness to it that someone wouldn't normally hear. “I-I didn't mean to startled you...I'm just lost.”
As for the sprites, I'm still making the characters and, at the moment, I only have about four. I'd like them to have a anime style to them or maybe life like. But I'll except anything, as long as they fit the game.

I'll need at least eight expressions and they will most likely have different clothes. Also, this project will be a long one, so there is no need to rush.

So if you're interested, please comment or send me a pm. Also,m this is a collaboration

Here's some more info as well.

Plot-"The Cursed Lotuses" that is what they call Amare and Aiden because of their bad luck streak. With no friends, a troublesome family, and low magic skill, all they have is each other. However, they aren't sad by this at all and live everyday as peaceful as they can. However, their life is compromised when Kenzo, a talented Magician from their school, suddenly appears in Amare's room with a hideous ogre like monster.

After nearly dying, the siblings unexpectedly find themselves bound to Kenzo because of the curse they accidentally placed on him. With no other option, the pair are forced to help Kenzo and his fight against the Shadow Demons that plague the town as they and he are the few who can see them.

With their life taking a drastic change, Amare and Aiden must learn to build relationships with their new found group and deal with the threat that is slowly taking shape in the world?

Amare-One of the playable characters. Amare is a reclusive girl who almost resembles a vampire because of her dark complexion. Due to a horrible incident when she was a child, Amare has adapted some of the habits of a Hikikomori along with her brother Aiden. Though shy and distrustful of people, Amare has quite the tongue on her and isn't afraid to lash out at those who are hurting the people she cares about. Unlike her brother, Amare enjoys the title of 'Cures Lotus Flowers' as it enables her to scare off her enemies. She is skilled in the art of dark magic. Has a love for food and video games.

Aiden-One of the playable characters. Like his sister, Aiden has the habits of a Hikikomori. Aiden is super shy and barely talks to anyone in the world. He spends much of his time in his room either practicing magic or talking to the unnoticeable. Unlike his sister, Aiden hates the name his family has gotten and has tried to constantly make at least one friend, though this has been very difficult. He's skilled in the art of healing. Is also much more willing to trust people then Amare is.

Obtainable Characters

Kenzo-An aspiring magician who has been given the task to fight against the Shadow Beasts. He becomes bound to Amare and Aiden after they accidentally place a curse on him while he is fighting an ogre. Excitable and sometimes too hyper, Kenzo doesn't know the meaning of slowing down. Whether it be at school or on the battle field, he will jump into a fight without a second thought. Despite that, he's a friendly boy and is one of the few who doesn't treat Amare and Aiden like they are monsters. Can have be quite immature however. Is skilled with fire.

Shino-Kenzo's caretaker and best friend. He's a kind fellow who will do anything to keep Kenzo safe. Though he may not look like it, Shino is quite the fighter and it's rumored that he's won many intense martial arts tournaments. Due to his generous nature however, Shino is often taken advantage of and doesn't seem to get it when people are making fun of him. Is skilled with hand to hand combat.
Last edited by Fenrir34 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nerdy
Regular

Re: Seeking Sprite Artist (Trade for Singer,Writer,&Programm

#2 Post by nerdy »

It would help your post if you also showed a picture of what quality you are looking for. :D
Visit My Game Company Blog (No Posts Yet) :

http://art-and-games.blogspot.com/

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Fenrir34 »

nerdy wrote:It would help your post if you also showed a picture of what quality you are looking for. :D
Well, I'd really like anime style sprites, but many people have a different style and it would be hard to narrow it down. I'd really except anything and long as it goes with the game

DragonSilhouette
Regular

#4 Post by DragonSilhouette »

Actually, I'm looking for some sprite practice myself and I would be willing to do this absolutely free. As for examples I'll come back to post some when my tablet pen get posted. For now I shall keep this thread bookmarked.

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Fenrir34 »

DragonSilhouette wrote:Actually, I'm looking for some sprite practice myself and I would be willing to do this absolutely free. As for examples I'll come back to post some when my tablet pen get posted. For now I shall keep this thread bookmarked.

Cool. Whenever you can, please show me your stuff :)