Leodetable Institute [BL Fantasy School-Life Adventure]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
erdaenos
Projects: Leodetable Institute, Immer Sie
Organization: Dearsoul Visual
Tumblr: erdaenos
Deviantart: ertdax212
Soundcloud: Erda Enos
itch: erdaenos

Leodetable Institute [BL Fantasy School-Life Adventure]

#1 Post by erdaenos »

Hi, I'm Erda Enos from Dearsoul Visual. This is my first VN project I've ever worked and still on. This post will have pictures and NSFW (NOT SAFE FOR WORK). Proceed with cautious.

Title: Leodetable Institute
Maker: DearSoul Visual
Type: Interactive Adventure Visual Novel
Genre: Yaoi, School Life, Adventure, Romance, Fantasy, Historical, Psychological, Sci-Fi, Comedy
Rating: 18+ (NSFW, Blood, Violence, Mild Rape, Gang Rape, Major Character Death)

Background Story:
The world of Varries is at its peak. The slavery of The Faus and The Slaughtering of The Plas events are poisoning Varries' magic stream. Witches and wizards keep disappear suddenly because of it. To maintain their position in this world, they gather all of people with latent talents to use and control magic in a institute. Leodetable Institute is one of them, specially for wizards' apprentices.

The terms of "magic stream" here; you can say it's the varries' core. Just like FF7 Life streams. The looks is similar like lava/ earth's core. At other game of DV, it's called "The World's Lake". The cause of why this "magic stream" is poisoned will be explained in Leodetable Institute (LI). But how this "magic stream" works will be explained at other project. :3

The terms of "Fau" and "Pla"; In Varries, human is divided into three races, "Hum", "Fau" and "Pla". "Hum" is a normal human like us and have majority in number and culture. "Fau" is human half-animal. You can say werewolf, fairies, and medusa is included in this type. This race has a short lifetime with faster growth than hum. "Pla" is human half-plant. They lived longer than anyone and has slowest growth and reproduction. At the time they died, they will become voiceless plant. Their graveyard is the forest itself which become literally part of the magic stream.

The history of Varries' humanity is pretty damn long and explained in (almost) every projects DV has. Long story short, "Hum" and "Fau" agreed that "Pla" is dangerous for their life without knowing that the one who keep Varries stable is "Pla".

Everyone has the magic aura inside their body but different amount to each person. Magic Aura = Soul. These witches and wizards are the ones with "over-flowed" power. If they can't control it, they might destroy their own houses without their consent.
To know whom in this kind of situation, they use some methods like spreading the "invitation" letter which only goes to people who have over-flowing magic from them. In LI, there are certain levels of magic aura which they allow to be their magic (from level 6 to level 0).
Synopsis:
The world of Varries is in danger.
The violent conflicts between the leading races: human “Hums”, half-animals “Faus” and half-plants “Plas” are poisoning Varries’s Magic Stream, source of many creatures’s life and power and are causing Witches and Wizards, beings with an usually strong flow of magic running inside them, to disappear.
In order to preserve their kind, they decided that all individuals with latent or hidden magical abilities must be gathered in special institutes in which they be taught how to control and use their power. Leodetable Institute is one of them.
Adri, a tailor whose eyes are always shut that lost all of his memories 5 years ago finds one day an enchanted letter that detects his powers as highly dangerous. Before he knows it, he is arrested by a group of Hunters and put into custody. Whether he wants it or not, he will have to attend the Leodetable Institute for a minimum of four years with no contact to the outside world, and get dragged in a conflict that far exceed his imagination.
Synopsis by EnglishYaoiGames (tumblr)
Main Characters:
ADRI

SAPUTRA

SEAL

RAFI
This guy's card somehow broken. So, I'll explained him briefly until I found out what happened to his card.
Rafi is a shy big guy who has live off his entire time as a slave.
He never tell you what he's thinking until someone asks him desperately.
He's the type who will protect you if he notices you as his master.
At the time where Adri can't do anything, He will the only one who can save him.
His nickname is "The Black Tongue".

WOOD
Secret Character
CGs (So far)

WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH THESE BABIES
I will make this VN by using RPG Maker because there is the battle system in-game. The type of this VN is School-Life with RPG Attributes. BTW, there are multiple endings with 2:3 (Good:Bad) and Adri's worst ends. Kindly, I give you an announcement. This will be more complicated than any N**ro+Chi*al VN so far. Please, be patience with me. I'm working this all alone, you know. :3
QUESTION!!<3
The RPG Maker I have now is RPG Maker 2003 and RPG Maker VX Ace. Which one of this better for my project?
I have a problem with the calendar system. Do I have to make a different variable for each month but with the same question every day? I mean, you know, like asking "where do you want to go today" without any error?

Progress
Plotting Story 80% (I have not yet write the details of each endings except all the worst ends)
Script-INA 10%
Script-ENG 0%
Soundtrack 100%
Sprites 60%
Charset 0%
CG-BG 15%
Scroll Map 0%
CG-Event 10%
GUI 50%
Team
Like I mentioned before, I'm working on everything by myself.
The translation script to English is by Akatsuki Shin senpai. I think she doesn't have any account here.
What I expect from this thread
Just being honest, I want a lot of people to know my project.

I wished that anyone can give me any theory of magic and how the world cycles. Any rumor with similar themes is oke-dokey~ :lol:
Maybe, there will be time this project need some proofreader and beta-player but, not now.

Oh yeah, give me feedback and critiques~ I'm pretty open minded. :lol:

Hope we can be friends, all~~
Last edited by erdaenos on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Armee
Veteran

Re: Leodetable Institute [BL Fantasy School-Life Adventure]

#2 Post by Armee »

Oh hey, such a coincidence, I just saw your stunning works yesterday
Aha, I can't say much but I would choose VX because I'm using one right now
It looks very interesting so far x3 Good luck with your project <3

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#3 Post by akemicchi »

If it's 18+ and NSFW, this should really be in the Adult Works in Progress forums, not here...

As for the questions, I've never used either of those engines so I can't really say which will be better or give an solution to how to get the calendar working. In any case, good luck with your game!

erdaenos

#4 Post by erdaenos »

akemicchi wrote:If it's 18+ and NSFW, this should really be in the Adult Works in Progress forums, not here...

As for the questions, I've never used either of those engines so I can't really say which will be better or give an solution to how to get the calendar working. In any case, good luck with your game!
Oh, it's that so. Sorry, I never been in this forum. I'll move it right away.

LucaMadison
Regular
Projects: Heart of Thorns.
Organization: Ichigo no Kokoro Productions.

#5 Post by LucaMadison »

Great job! It is a very good project, the art is wonderful! Luck for your project. ^^
Image Image Image Image Image

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#6 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I'd go with VX Ace, honestly. I'm not an expert on RPG Maker at all, but RM 2003 is an old, outdated engine. You'll avoid many problems if you use the new one instead.

I highly recommend that you find an editor for your project as well---ideally, one who is a native English speaker or has equivalent skills. Your English isn't bad, but you'll reach a wider audience if you work to improve the text.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#7 Post by Lesleigh63 »

I like BL, so am happy to see this. The art looks nice and I like the sound of the story. This will probably be a long term project for you, so keep your spirits up.

erdaenos

#8 Post by erdaenos »

Mad Harlequin wrote:I'd go with VX Ace, honestly. I'm not an expert on RPG Maker at all, but RM 2003 is an old, outdated engine. You'll avoid many problems if you use the new one instead.

I highly recommend that you find an editor for your project as well---ideally, one who is a native English speaker or has equivalent skills. Your English isn't bad, but you'll reach a wider audience if you work to improve the text.
Well, yeah. I just found one yesterday. So, I can focus on writing the details in my own native language :wink:
But thank you for your suggestion. (I have notice that I'm no good at English :oops: :roll: :lol: )
Lesleigh63 wrote:I like BL, so am happy to see this. The art looks nice and I like the sound of the story. This will probably be a long term project for you, so keep your spirits up.
Thank you~~ :D I really appreciate your pray~ :wink: :wink:

Konoi
Regular
Deviantart: Kurozora-Konoi

#9 Post by Konoi »

This game looks very interesting! I'm always happy when I find new BL games, and this one looks gorgeous and very cool! It's also nice to have a VN with RPG elements.

I already love Rafi!

Akirawasdead

#10 Post by Akirawasdead »

Awww it's a shame that it didn't end in anything

Offworlder
Regular

#11 Post by Offworlder »

Akirawasdead wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:28 am Awww it's a shame that it didn't end in anything
I did a quick Google search and it actually looks like they're still working on this as of August 18, 2020 (most recent post on Tumblr)!

https://spoiler-leodetable-institute.tumblr.com/