Volunteering Free Art For Yuri Game

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

Volunteering Free Art For Yuri Game

#1 Post by noeinan »

Okay, so I've been seeing tons of gorgeous yaoi/BL games coming out recently and I can't help but wonder... Where is the yuri/GL love at?

I currently have one commercial project (but I haven't heard from my employer in about a month... Hmmm...) and one personal project that I'm working on, but due to the stalling of the former I believe I have time for another project.

So, in the spirit of adding some girls love to our vn community, I will do free art for a yuri game (with the right story/working partners.)

Here are some character sprite examples:
Image Image

Here are some background sketches:
Image Image

Here is some GUI I made:

http://daikiraikimi.deviantart.com/

Ideally, I would want this to be a collaboration. I'm fine if it's your story and your characters, but I would like to be able to help brainstorm, or just add input.

I can also help program if you aren't very familiar with RenPy-- I can input things like a CG gallery, calendar, inventory, or whatever. I'll let you know if it's too much for me, but in general I'm willing to help out.

Here is some information about my boundaries!
  • I am fine drawing 18+ content, or having my art in an 18+ game
  • I won't draw for a game that perpetuates racism/sexism/etc. (Fine to have characters who are either of those things, as long as the game isn't trying to say they are right, or that said behavior is acceptable. Also, I won't suddenly say "that's sexist" and drop the project if I see something problematic-- I'll let you know what I think and we can talk about it together.)
  • Depending on my workload, I may restrict the number of sprites/poses/outfits I am willing to do. If I can't do it at the moment, I may decide to go back and draw more.
  • I do cel shading, not soft shading. If we need the backgrounds soft shaded we may need to look for someone later on in the creation process.
And those are the basics! Post in this thread or send me a private message if you're interested. To accept a project, I would like to know about your story and characters, so please provide me as much detail in your description as you can. But, if you haven't developed it too much I'm not opposed to developing a story together.

Juneberry
Regular
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Deadly Heart

Re: Volunteering Free Art For Yuri Game

#2 Post by Juneberry »

You seem awesome, and I'd love to ask for your help for my GL, Crow. :D I have a story and characters, but I'd be happy to hear your input, and ask you to do art for it. There's a bunch of girls for the player to choose from, and one guy just in case they want one, and it's a pretty simple background overall. If you want more details, I have a thread that's basically died.

The current sprites I have are using my comic program ComiPo, so having original sprites, if you want to do that, would probably be good. I'm only good at basic coding for Ren'Py, but I can figure it out so you won't have to worry as much about that. I'm just a horrible artist. >w< It's not really a project with a due date at the moment, so I'd say you are more than welcome to take your time in general, if you're interested at all.

If you want more details than my thread gives, please let me know. I just figured I'd use that as reference for now :)

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3 Post by noeinan »

Haha, I like the story idea. It seems like a good yuri with a bit of comedy, too. :D The characters seem interesting-- I had a question. You said originally that you wanted to base the game in Japan because of your sprite generator, but if you have original sprites would that still be the case?

Oh, and do you already have appearances in mind for them, or would I be designing them? And is my native style acceptable, or did you have another style in mind?

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

#4 Post by Asceai »

Oh man, I want to, but since I'm still working on a project and don't have something immediately prepared maybe not. I definitely want to do a yurige at some point though.

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by noeinan »

I may keep this offer open for a while-- though, I'll probably only do one game at a time. I have heard a lot of people say that there aren't enough yuri games and I agree! So if you do come up with an idea, feel free to check back. :D

Juneberry
Regular
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Deadly Heart

#6 Post by Juneberry »

daikiraikimi wrote:Haha, I like the story idea. It seems like a good yuri with a bit of comedy, too. :D The characters seem interesting-- I had a question. You said originally that you wanted to base the game in Japan because of your sprite generator, but if you have original sprites would that still be the case?

Oh, and do you already have appearances in mind for them, or would I be designing them? And is my native style acceptable, or did you have another style in mind?
I can give you a general base appearance idea for them and you can alter them as you'd like if you want. And the setting can be changed, but I'll probably need to change names then depending. I just used that because, again, it worked best for my comic making. As for your style, it's cute to me, so I'm happy to let you just have your go with it :)

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran

#7 Post by noeinan »

Cool, thanks! Continuing this conversation in a private message. :)