Ever 17

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
FierceFeline

#61 Post by FierceFeline »

papillon wrote:If you haven't finished the complete final path which is only unlocked after you finish everything else, you cannot rest.

Although if you refuse to buy the game maybe you deserve not to know...
Amen to the final statement there.

The "Coco" scenario is extremely satisfying and ties up pretty much all the lose ends.
Honestly, though, you should really buy the game. There's really no excuse not to. There's online game vendors that can pretty much ship to anywhere. Although, as you stated, the postage prices can be a bit bad, but that's really no excuse if you like the game.

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#62 Post by Enerccio »

Yesterday i completed the Cocos ending :)
And when i get the money in my hand (or in my account) i am buying it right away! (this game is great)
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

Yurand

#63 Post by Yurand »

Ever17 is the first visual novel game I found in CD store in our country! This is like christmas miracle to me. Too bad they didn't have any others.

The game is great, just unlocked Coco story.
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

clowezra

#64 Post by clowezra »

It was brilliant. I think it's amazing that a group actually official translated the game...I wish they'd do things like this more often. I want translated KEY games now!D: It's sad owning just the JP copies, no matter how amazing they are.xD
Thank you Xeltos SO much for this amazing sig, and thanks to Rein for the kickass avatar!
Gifts-My Photobucket Account.

TYPE-Mercury

#65 Post by TYPE-Mercury »

Hey, all! First time poster, just found Ren'Py a few days ago.

I played the demo of Ever 17 a while ago and was intruiged. Bought the game, and, after a small delay in shipping, recieved it May 1st, the same day it starts in-game. :D

Ever 17 is, hands down, the best 40$ I have ever spent. It IS the storytelling bar to shoot for, so far as I'm concerned. This game made me run theories through my head for days, dropped my jaw more times than I can count, and pulled it all together with a brilliant ending that I could NOT have seen coming. On top of that, though it's not the first game to make me want to cry, it IS the first game I've played to downright make me bawl. I can NOT see Sora's Ending or even hear the main screen theme music without feeling the meloncholic urge to cry.

If you get a chance to buy this game, DO IT. The more Ever 17 sells, the more likely we'll see the other Infinity Series games (Never 7 and Remember 11, if I remember correctly) or any new ones they might make.

Blick Winkel BANZAI~!

yvanc
Regular

#66 Post by yvanc »

Hello Type-Mercury and welcome.

Back to topic ^_^ EVER17 is the first nonero Visual Novel I've played. The story is amazing. Cant get enough of it. Got both the japanese version and english version of this game. My favorite character is COCO.
TYPE-Mercury wrote:Hey, all! First time poster, just found Ren'Py a few days ago.

I played the demo of Ever 17 a while ago and was intruiged. Bought the game, and, after a small delay in shipping, recieved it May 1st, the same day it starts in-game. :D

Ever 17 is, hands down, the best 40$ I have ever spent. It IS the storytelling bar to shoot for, so far as I'm concerned. This game made me run theories through my head for days, dropped my jaw more times than I can count, and pulled it all together with a brilliant ending that I could NOT have seen coming. On top of that, though it's not the first game to make me want to cry, it IS the first game I've played to downright make me bawl. I can NOT see Sora's Ending or even hear the main screen theme music without feeling the meloncholic urge to cry.

If you get a chance to buy this game, DO IT. The more Ever 17 sells, the more likely we'll see the other Infinity Series games (Never 7 and Remember 11, if I remember correctly) or any new ones they might make.

Blick Winkel BANZAI~!

ClintTheChocolic

#67 Post by ClintTheChocolic »

Edit: I decided to replay the game again just now, and I realize it isn't the localization that puts me off. Translation seems okay for the most part. Heck, I don't really know what puts me off about it. Maybe it's the plot's pacing or something; it moves a little bit too slow for my taste.

Clint,

Raikiri
Regular

#68 Post by Raikiri »

So, after having the game sit on my harddrive for months only having completed Tsugumi's and You's endings, I decided to take a break from the school work and Crimson Thunder yesterday to finish the other paths. While Sora's and Sara's paths were great, Coco's path was by far the best of them all.

After being exposed to plot twist after plot twist
Yubiseiharukana and Yubiseiakikana, Tsugumi and Takeshi being the parents of Hokuto and Sara, Kaburaki, Blick Winkel, Takeshi being revived... The list goes on and on
it was extremely satisfying how they still managed to tie up the loose strings and give us a happy ending on top of it.

The only bad thing is that after being exposed to such an awesome story, I feel that no matter how hard I work, Crimson Thunder will end up as crude and unengaging compared to it... Oh well.
Lucifer status:
It Will Be Done When It's Done™

Ignosco
Veteran

#69 Post by Ignosco »

Warning: Huge spoilers in the link and this tag (ie don't read until you've finished the Coco scenario).
I came across this site about a week ago http://www.kgptzac.info/ever17.html. There's some very interesting discussion of the game, particularly for the questions that were still unclear at the end of the Coco path. (eg Kick the Can, the rest area statues, the meaning of the Kanji in Yubiseiharukana's password, the life readings etc)

The timeline on the page has Never 7 spoilers (and it's rumoured on the Hirameki forums that Never 7 and Remember 11 will be translated...) so it might be best not to look at that part.

The thing which suprised me the most after reading the webpage, was realising that the player is essentially Blick Winkel. It's uncanny how well that idea fits with VN's in general.

BloodRivers

Re: Ever 17

#70 Post by BloodRivers »

Holy cow! have you guys checked Hirameki forum recently? What the heck happened in there? Every single forum topic has been replaced with topics containing torrent links to download the games. Just take a look at the first page:
* DOWNLOAD HIRAMEKI GAMES FOR FREE!!! DOWNLOAD HIRAMEKI GAMES FOR FREE!!! DOWNLOAD HIRAMEKI GAMES !!!! (exp 2007/7/12)
* DOWNLOAD HIRAMEKI GAMES FOR FREE!!! DOWNLOAD HIRAMEKI GAMES FOR FREE!!! DOWNLOAD HIRAMEKI GAMES !!!! (exp 2007/7/12)
What's worst is that it was like that when I checked last week too. What in the world is Hirameki doing?!

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#71 Post by papillon »

There've been lots of complaints about this, the best I can understand of it from what I've heard on other forums is that they set up their system quite badly such that only one person knew how to moderate it, and that person's wandered off somewhere, and they haven't yet managed to hire someone else to moderate and none of the remaining people have the knowledge and permissions to fix it themselves?

Matt_D
Regular

#72 Post by Matt_D »

Yeah sounded like the moderator was in there Japan branch and he's gone awol.

It's a shame it's the kind of thing that an hour on the phone to a service provider and the delete key could fix in no time.

--- Lol speak of the devil, they've shutdown their forum!

As too remember 11 and never 7, heh that all went up in the air when Kid imploded. Although rumour is that they're talking to the guys that bought the IP. Here's hoping (but the fact they can't moderate their website means there's little point in getting our hopes up.) Seruiously someone should just take their site out with metasploit for them ¬.¬ they could pay some guy £100 to make a nice shinny new site.

Shame - Ever17 is the best game I've played (I remember singing its praises long ago) I picked up a real copy a while back and it has pride of place in my game collection and is a real inspiration for my writing.
--------------------
Back and making myself unpopular again

Hudzon
Regular

damaged CD

#73 Post by Hudzon »

Gah, I wanted to reinstall the game on my desktop, but something is wrong with my CD and some of the files are damaged.

Can someone please upload the files:

chara.dat
end_tu00.e17

I would be *very* grateful!

akizakura
Regular
Completed: Adversity Comp 2012
Projects: Everything's Going My Way
Organization: Mitayume

Re:

#74 Post by akizakura »

papillon wrote:First ending reached - You, presumably happy, though leaving MANY questions unanswered.. (not just the general scenario questions, but You-specific questions, things that should have happened after that point but weren't gone into...)
(late reply but, oh well.) That's funny, I just got my first ending, it was You's path,
but it was a bad ending. And damnit, was I glued to the screen, hoping things would work out til the last second. When it mentioned Himmel opening I was still thinking THEY'RE GONNA MAKE IT! I teared up when it popped up and said Life Reading: 1. Not even Air was able to arouse that much emotion in me.

Sorry for gushing, but I've just loved it so far...this is all I can do not to get playing again. I don't hear Ever17 and many of Hirameki's works mentioned nearly as much as games from other companies, yet I found this game to be high quality and something to shoot for. Now I will definitely agree that the lack of proofreading drives me batty at times, but it didn't completely destroy the game experience.

I also felt like there were other scenes that could have had a CG image or animation for them without too much difficulty, but I have that gripe with a lot of VNs. Still this was an awesome and captivating experience.

I gotta hurry up and finish papers and baking so I can go on an Ever17 binge and get the other endings!

BTW, does anyone know if Hirameki's still ticking (doesn't seem like much activity on the main site and the board seems to be down.) I really hope they can find a way to get Never7 and Remember11 from the company that bought Kid's properties...

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

Re: Re:

#75 Post by Vatina »

akizakura wrote:I also felt like there were other scenes that could have had a CG image or animation for them without too much difficulty, but I have that gripe with a lot of VNs.
I read somewhere (I think on Hirameki's blog) in an interview that more animations were planned, but they had to cut down because they ran out of funds. Too bad.

I also hope that Hirameki is still alive.... I don't have much hope for it left though. It's sad, since it doesn't look like any of the other companies are willing to release games for the non-H gamers :(