Need Character art for your VN? Hire me!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
whitty-boo
Regular
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino, Connection Pending, Cadence is Elsewhere
Tumblr: jwhitnee

Need Character art for your VN? Hire me!

#1 Post by whitty-boo »

EDIT: Now that I have a larger amount of commissions, these prices are now being bumped up.

Hello! I am a character artist and I'm offering my services of drawing and/or designing characters for your visual novels! Since people on here don't have too much money to spend on their visual novels, I'm offering my services for a flat rate of $25 per character, all necessary expressions included.* If you commission me for 10+ characters, I'll add in 2 extra outfits for your main characters for free. If you commission me for 15+ characters, I'll add on 4 extra outfits for free.

All characters will be half-body/ from the thighs up. Arm changes will cost +$5-8 depending on outfit complexity. Head changes will cost $10-12 depending on complexity of hair and number of emotions needed for the new face.

Full body changes = new character.

Additional outfit on same body = +$10

Additional hair = +$5-8 depending on complexity

*=This means that faces will change, but bodies remain the same. Minor changes in hands/ arm positioning is fine. A new character pose however = new character. I will only be doing up to 10 expressions for free. Additional will be 1USD per expression.

You can see examples of my work below:

If you are interested in my services, please send me an email at jwhitnee.91(at)gmail(dot)com. (Or reply below, either way is fine!) I'm also willing to negotiate prices. Please ask if there are any questions.

DISCLAIMER: The above examples are A) A bit out of date and B) Colored in a different program than what I use now. For a more accurate representation of what I will do, look at this example of something more recent:

As time passes, my style changes slightly. Please keep this in mind.
Last edited by whitty-boo on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: Need Character art for your VN? Hire me!

#2 Post by Googaboga »

Hey whitty-boo :3. I'd like to give you a heads up and let you know that it is against the rules to tell people to contact you specifically by email.
14.) Public Discussion.
The Lemma Soft Forums are meant for public discussion. Threads that direct replies to PMs or Email may be deleted.
I'd also like to say that your work is very nice and adding extras for larger orders is a cool idea. I've sent you a message C:.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

#3 Post by Mickychi »

Lovely artwork and lovely offer, I'll be sure to keep you in mind ;) However I would like to know if you have a devientart account or other showing more examples of your artwork. Also is this style the only one you do or can you do other styles too?
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!

whitty-boo
Regular

#4 Post by whitty-boo »

Mickychi wrote:Lovely artwork and lovely offer, I'll be sure to keep you in mind ;) However I would like to know if you have a devientart account or other showing more examples of your artwork. Also is this style the only one you do or can you do other styles too?
Thank you! I hope to work with you in the future, then. I have done other styles, but this style is what I consider my "mass market" style; A style that is popular, and most importantly quickest to make, meaning I can sell for cheaper to people who aren't creating professional /commercial content like fellow creatives on Lemma Soft. :)

I have a more painterly style as well, along with other variations of my anime style. You can find my other anime/casual works at my deviantart (whitty-boo.deviantart) and then my professional portfolio at jwhitneyart.tumblr which has my college work. Just be warned that my deviantart has 5 years worth of work on it, so the latest work is more accurate.

whitty-boo
Regular

#5 Post by whitty-boo »

Googaboga wrote:Hey whitty-boo :3. I'd like to give you a heads up and let you know that it is against the rules to tell people to contact you specifically by email.
14.) Public Discussion.
The Lemma Soft Forums are meant for public discussion. Threads that direct replies to PMs or Email may be deleted.
I'd also like to say that your work is very nice and adding extras for larger orders is a cool idea. I've sent you a message C:.
Ah, I wasn't entirely aware. I'll add a comment saying that people can reply here as well. I should have made that more clear :)

Thank you! I figured that adding extras would make my work more "valuable" over other artists here on the forums, and to be honest I love making outfits so it's not too much of a loss for me :)

whitty-boo
Regular

#6 Post by whitty-boo »

Thank you to everyone who emailed me and PM'ed me! Unfortunately due to higher demand I have to bump up my prices a bit and change the promo offers. I'm still open to commission, and for my current clients please do not worry, your prices will not be changed. This is for new commissions only.

Email or PM me for rates | www.jwhitneyart.com

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#7 Post by Morhighan »

Beautiful art! I'll hit you up when I have a finished script someday, I hope. :3

whitty-boo
Regular

#8 Post by whitty-boo »

Morhighan wrote:Beautiful art! I'll hit you up when I have a finished script someday, I hope. :3
THank you! I would love to see your game :)

Email or PM me for rates | www.jwhitneyart.com