Writer/editor offering services for short project (Free)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Carrogath
Regular
Completed: Basiliska, Green Eyed Monster
Tumblr: carrogath

Writer/editor offering services for short project (Free)

#1 Post by Carrogath »

Hello, everyone! I'm currently offering my skills as a writer to anyone who might want it for a short, noncommercial project. I'm willing to write pretty much anything that doesn't involve extreme violence or explicit sexual content, though I prefer slow-paced drama, strong character development, world-building, and fantasy/sci-fi themes. Yuri/GxG (or queer themes in general) is a bonus, but I'm up for any kind of romance. I'm not interested in horror/thrillers/anything where a lot of characters are being killed off.

For an example of my writing, you can check out the visual novel I released about a month ago. It's a little more than half an hour of reading, and will give you a good idea of the sort of thing I'm interested in.

If you're considering me, here's a few things you should keep in mind:
  • By "short," I mean up to 2-3 hours of gameplay. My writing style, especially for visual novels, is minimalist and dialog-heavy; 2-3 hours is going to feel like a lot.
  • You should have a substantial outline and a solid idea of where you want the story to go and how you want it to end, as well as descriptions of the setting, key characters, themes, etc. I'd like to know that you've already invested some time into your project and know what you want out of it. I can also serve as a co-writer/editor of sorts if you'd prefer that.
  • I'd prefer that you've finished at least one visual novel before, though it isn't necessary.
  • Also, please tell me what your skills are, whether it's illustrating, programming, etc. If you're part of a team, then I'd like to know what each member of your team is in charge of and where I'd fit into that.
You can PM me or reply to this post, and I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Angie
Regular

Re: Writer/editor offering services for short project (Free)

#2 Post by Angie »

I liked Basiliska (though, as I written in he project thread, I would love to read more of this story).
You've got a nice style. I wish you luck in finding a project :)
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder

Lady-Cynic
Regular
Completed: Bobette: A KN that's horrible but at least complete
Projects: To Hell With Love: A G/G action game; Wendigo: A B/B horror game; Hannah's Humanity: A G/B KN about a girl making a choice; Counting Sheep: A mini RPG about a girl traveling with her sheep
Organization: Cynical Ghost Productions
IRC Nick: Lady-Cynic

#3 Post by Lady-Cynic »

I would love it if you would work with me on my project, but I fear it's not good enough for you since you seem waaaaay too overqualified.

The project is a VN (though it's leaning more to a KN) about a demon forced into the human world during a coup from her cousin and trying to get back with the help of her half brother and some people in the town she's stuck in. Romance (lesbians no less), is an option in the story, but I actually want it to focus on her struggles adjusting to the human world and her wondering if she even wants to go back to the Underworld and coming to terms with herself. About midway though, her cousin surfaces up to the human world to try to kill her once and for all, and she needs to choose between starting a war or giving up her throne. There isn't much gore or violence, and there's only one or two character deaths depending on the route you take.

The whole story is planned out in an outline, and two chapters have been written (though they need heavy editing and possibly a rewrite) and chapter three is underway.

My team is my friend who will be doing the sprite art, me who writes it and does BG art and possibly the GUI, and another friend who helps with the occasional programming (I say occasionally, since the software engine is Novelty and it's not exactly code based).

If you choose to join my project, you would work as a co-writer and an editor. This is our first visual novel, but everyone in my group are very dedicated to the project. Hope to hear from you soon!

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Lishy »

Please consider the demo of Bells. I've sent you a PM.
-