Mira's Magical Mishap [GxG] [Fantasy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)
Deviantart: http://silverhyena.d
itch: https://silverhyena.

Mira's Magical Mishap [GxG] [Fantasy]

#1 Post by SilverHyena »

titlescreen.png
small warning:

It's a bit sexier than my other game. It's still pretty tame, but there are a few images that might make you want to play it when you don't have company. Example: the mermaid is topless, but her hair covers up the important bits. Anyway, should be nothing new for people who watch anime all the time. Just thought I'd give you all a heads up.

download links:
(Please let me know if one isn't working or if you'd like me to upload it somewhere else. As long as it's free, I'm usually okay doing that)
4shared: http://www.4shared.com/zip/Y5xlpQOCba/M ... 0-all.html?
mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ammav ... .0-all.zip
Edit: Spiky Caterpillar was very kind and put up a mirror for the game on their site: http://spikycaterpillar.com/mira's_magical_mishap/

OR you can play it online on sandbox-adventure.com! Here's the link for that:

http://sandbox-adventure.com/miras-magical-mishap.html

Plot:

Mira is a witch with her own magic shop. Unfortunately, no one actually visits that shop... Not that Mira can blame them. She's a second rate witch who dropped out of magic school. One day, she gets a visitor from her school days--the supremely talented Odette. Irritated, Mira gets into an argument with her and ends up accepting a challenge to make a love potion. Unfortunately, Mira's 'love potion' causes Odette to lose her magic and even Mira is not heartless enough to leave her rival in such a state. Together, they have to gather the proper ingredients to make an antidote.

More Information Available here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=21471

Features:

- 7 Endings (none of them are bad so pick what you want)

- 2 obtainable characters

- 18,000+ words
Ending Guide: (Possible Spoilers)
(the swimsuit decision only changes which outfit Mira and Odette wear and I'm pretty sure the last decision never matters. It'll give you a slightly different solution, but that's it. It was supposed to do more, but... I fail at life. What can I say? Oh, and if you want to win the pixie's "game" (to net you a cg) pick spend it, wild and fun, and bad guy. You can pick one wrong answer for the first two questions and still get it, but the last one has to be bad guy.)

01/Girlfriend -- Let Odette have the bed, keep after Odette, hair, tell Sybelle

02/Friend -- Let Odette have the bed, Follow the pixie, Tell Sybelle

03/Bathing Buddies(?) -- This means war, keep after Odette, follow the footprints, tell Sybelle

04/Master Of Magic -- This means war, follow the pixie, Tell Sybelle

05/Relationship -- Let Odette have the bed, Keep after Odette, hair, don't tell Sybelle

06/Friendly Co-workers -- Let Odette have the bed, Follow the pixie, don't tell Sybelle

07/Life Long Rivals -- This means war, follow the pixie, don't tell Sybelle
Attachments
Just a screen shot example from early on in the game.
Just a screen shot example from early on in the game.
Last edited by SilverHyena on Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sleipnir56
Veteran
Completed: Under the Sycamore Tree,Timeless-D Gray Man VN(NanoRenO 2014)
Projects: Chocolate Kiss
Organization: SleiphericWings

Re: Mira's Magical Mishap [GxG] [Fantasy]

#2 Post by Sleipnir56 »

I played Sacred Sand. I loved that game. Very cute Yaoi. So, when I saw you were making this I knew I had to play it. It looks good. Downloading it now. Gonna tell you what I think later. Thanks for the game ^_^

JimG
Regular

#3 Post by JimG »

Thank you for the game, well done.

Best Regards
Jim

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#4 Post by papillon »

Are you okay with people mirroring the download? I'd rather not have to recommend people get things from dodgy fileshare sites and I'm pretty sure Spiky would be willing to put it up.

(Also, /u/ says your game is cute. Since they tend not to post here, I thought I'd mention.)

LovetteSakura

#5 Post by LovetteSakura »

It looks cute I downloaded it and will play it ^^

SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)

#6 Post by SilverHyena »

@Sleipnir56: Thanks so much! It's not nearly as complicated as Sacred Sand, but I hope you still manage to enjoy it.

@JimG: Thank you! I hope to make even better ones in the future. :mrgreen:

@papillon: I am 100% completely okay with that. I also understand not wanting to direct them to fileshare sites. They are all really dodgy. I'm just stuck with free stuff since I'm not willing to shell out the cash. :? Anyway, to reiterate, I'm totally fine with that and I'm glad /u/ enjoyed it.

@LovetteSakura: Thanks! I hope you enjoy it!

Sleipnir56
Veteran
Completed: Under the Sycamore Tree,Timeless-D Gray Man VN(NanoRenO 2014)
Projects: Chocolate Kiss
Organization: SleiphericWings

#7 Post by Sleipnir56 »

Okay, so I just finished the game.

What i liked about it

-Mira was hilarious. I kind of know what it feels like to not be the best at something. Also, I really liked Odette's character to. She was a jerk, but also had kindness to her as well.

-Like with Sacred Sand, I loved the art to this game. It's cute and mature looking at the same time (Can those go together actually?)"

-The story was simple, yet very interested. My favorite part was
when they met the mermaid. She kind of reminded me of Arial in a way. Thought it was funny that she wanted the swim suit :lol:
-The game was also really funny. I laughed a good couple of times as I played it. Best part was the
pervert part :lol:
What I disliked

-I didn't dislike anything in this game. The only thing I wish was that we got to know Sybelle a bit more because i found her really interested. Her
bathing scene
was good, but I felt like I wanted to see more of her. Also, I wish there was a romantic ending with her to. But her ending were okay.

Besides that I really did enjoy this game. It was nice to play a GXG game since they're aren't to many. Hope you make another one or another yaoi game. Once again, job well done. Keep up the good work :mrgreen: and thanks for making this fun game

Angie
Regular

#8 Post by Angie »

Interesting game. I just wished it could be a bit longer.

It was a nice, relaxing gameplay, with a bit of laughs here and there.
The whole idea and plot was nice, interesting and it kept player curious what will happen next.

Although, at some points the person who were talking wasn't the one who was displayed (which made me confused few times).
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder

saguaro
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Locked-In, Sunrise, The Censor
Organization: Lucky Special Games
itch: saguarofoo

#9 Post by saguaro »

This is a cute game, I really enjoyed it. I liked the mermaid.

A nitpick, it's a GUI thing... The bold black names were a little hard to read and the dialogue box needs top padding. I think a thin white outline around the names would help.

Thanks for sharing.

sendo
Veteran
Completed: To Libertad, Diamond Rose, SC2VN, Sickness VN
Projects: eroges!
itch: sendo

#10 Post by sendo »

Just finished playing through all endings! Really enjoyed the game, I especially liked Mira and Odette's constant bickering. And the romantic endings are just d'aawwwww :3

I do agree with saguaro about the character names. But really, this game is already lovely as it is. Thanks for making it and I hope you continue making more!
Finished VNs:
Image Image

LovetteSakura

#11 Post by LovetteSakura »

Yes I finished it and I really liked it :D if was really funny and I liked the romance :) Thank you for the great game.
If you have time please visit my blog :$ it is a blog about Japanese stuff ^^
https://www.lovettesakura.com Image

CrimsonMoon
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Scented Dream

#12 Post by CrimsonMoon »

I played through all of the endings. I think it's a cute, heart-warming story. I find a couple of misspellings here and there, but nothing too bad. I like your art by the way, it's really cute. :3
Updated: 06/05/2015
I make logo, request here (STATUS: CLOSE)
Newbie to making VN.

Uncomplicated

#13 Post by Uncomplicated »

Very cute game full of charm~ Love the characters a lot. :)

Spiky Caterpillar
Veteran
Completed: Lots.
Projects: Black Closet
Organization: Slipshod

#14 Post by Spiky Caterpillar »

SilverHyena wrote: @papillon: I am 100% completely okay with that. I also understand not wanting to direct them to fileshare sites. They are all really dodgy. I'm just stuck with free stuff since I'm not willing to shell out the cash. :? Anyway, to reiterate, I'm totally fine with that and I'm glad /u/ enjoyed it.
I've put a mirror up at http://spikycaterpillar.com/mira's_magical_mishap/ (which reminds me, I really need to redesign my site some decade).

I enjoyed playing it; do you want any typo patrol notes?
Nom nom nom nom nom LEAVES.

SilverHyena
Veteran

#15 Post by SilverHyena »

@Sleipnir56: Thanks so much for taking the time to play it and give me some feedback! I agree with you wholeheartedly on the Sybelle thing. I wanted to give her more romantic endings, but considering the little time you did spend with her I thought it would be weird to make them full on romantic. She suffered from being a later addition to the game since the original plan was to make Odette the only character you actually met with. :P You'll be happy to know that I plan on including at least one gay option in all my games for that very reason! I'll probably do another bl one next. I'm thinking about trying to make an 18+ adult game, but I still haven't made up my mind on that. :P

@Angie: Haha, I actually planned to make it shorter originally. Still, from a player stand point longer is generally better so I totally get it. And you've made a good point about the characters speaking when another sprite was displayed. I figured I wouldn't switch them out if they only made one or two comments during the particular conversation, but I can see it being confusing-- especially since others have pointed out that the names are kind of hard to read. I'll keep that in mind for my next game. Thank you for playing it!

@Saguro: You're right. If I make an updated version I'll change the color or figure out how to do some kind of outline (programming is not my expertise :P). The first way is definitely an easy solution to that. Thanks for giving it a shot. :D

@crestforge: Haha, I like that about them too. I enjoy relationships where two people start off as enemies/rivals. :P I'll fix the name thing if I do an updated version. Thank you for playing it! :D

@LovetteSakura: Thank you so much for playing it! Thanks also for taking the time to do a review for it!

@CrimsonMoon: Haha, yeah. I really should put it through a spell checker. I always think I'm better at catching my typos than I actually am. :P Anyway, thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

@Uncomplicated: Thank you! I really like my characters so it's good to know other people appreciate them too! It makes me feel good about my writing. :D

@Spiky Caterpillar: Thank you so much for doing that! It definitely looks more friendly than the sites I put it up on. I'll go put the link in the first place after I'm done with this comment. Anyway, if you feel like doing a typo patrol go for it! If I do an updated version I'll be sure to fix them. I'm pretty slow/lazy though so only do it if you want to. :D