[Resolved] Game loads and closes

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

[Resolved] Game loads and closes

#1 Post by Gear »

Having an issue that's driving me up the wall. Every time I load my game to test it, the window appears, then vanishes. The first time, I ran LINT, and it told me that since the game wouldn't open, then it can't run a LINT. So, when I searched my code from top to bottom, and found the issue, I ran LINT again, and it opened fine. But when I launched my game, the window once again appears, then vanishes before even one second elapses.

I realize that without posting every piece of code in my gigantic game, you can't give me any specific help, but has anyone come across this before and maybe have some general tips for this type of thing?
Last edited by Gear on Fri May 09, 2014 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

Re: Game loads and closes

#2 Post by Asceai »

Latest version of Ren'Py? There was a recent bug with having a presplash image that was causing ren'py to close immediately similarly to what you describe. It is now fixed though.

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

Re: Game loads and closes

#3 Post by Gear »

That worked! I just updated recently (presumably because the school year kept me from working much) and didn't realize there was a new one out. Thanks so much!
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.