Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) COMPLETE

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
riiko08
Regular
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome) Human Sprites updated

#31 Post by riiko08 »

aquantinar wrote:
riiko08 wrote:The Human sprites of the 3 bears have been posted! :D
...Yup, I'm not dissapointed at my choice of men... *w*
I just love how you drew them, it's exactly how I had pictured them too! XD Oh, what I meant was their facial expressions,

(I really like the stern expression Royal has, it really captures his grumpy side that you had planned for him ^^ and somehow through his sprite, I feel that he looks rather... Cold. Which is deffinately fine :3 I kinda think that you drew him as a rather cold character as to match ot with his traumatic fathers death :/ But yeahh.. what do I know? --;; Ohh, and really love his eyes~~ It looks empty with the color grey, which complete his perfect look ;__;

As for Sol and Deon, I really felt Sols kind hearted feel just by looking at him, His soft expression is well done :') *tears of joy* And Deon throws a strong flirt aura! I think that his strong description would be the "flirt" one? Well, according to how he looks I mean.. '-')a Just look at his devious eyes and neck accesory. FLIRT ALLERT XD

All in all, I really think that you've done an excellent job ;9 And the others would think so too)

I'm not a fortune teller that I could've thought how they'd completely look ;D I didn't expect Royal to have dark skin!! Gosh, I love him even more now TTvTT

P.s: I knew it!! There's no way I could've forgotten you art :P

That's enough coming out of me xD
Welp, toodles~
Lol! Thank you so much! I'm so glad you liked all the character designs! *w*
I hope that we won't disappoint you once the game is finished!

P.s. A cookie for you if you can tell me where you found my art lol!
I was a part of a project here b-but... no more updates from the creators OTL

rufiangel
Regular

#32 Post by rufiangel »

Thanks for updating the human sprites, now we can see how them boys look and they be lookin' gooood! ;)

I really like the concept and mystery swirling about. The GUI looks so cute and solid, too. Love the art, the characters and interesting, and I like the idea of 'toying around' with stuffed dolls that are actually human. XD; I'd love to play it once it's done. Good luck!
Please check out Speechless, a project on hold for the moment!
Serpamia Flare: http://www.serpamiaflare.com
The Lethian: http://www.thelethian.com
DeviantArt: http://rufiangel.deviantart.com

Sitraxis
Regular
Projects: Cinderella Phenomenon Fandisk
Organization: Dicesuki
IRC Nick: sitraxis
Tumblr: sitraxis
Deviantart: sitraxis

#33 Post by Sitraxis »

aquantinar wrote:I'm not a fortune teller that I could've thought how they'd completely look ;D I didn't expect Royal to have dark skin!! Gosh, I love him even more now TTvTT
Actually, same here when we started out the game. :D He definitely fits the tall, dark, & handsome description. :lol:
pickle131 wrote: 3. Do you have any questions? Critiques? Feedback?
The art looks lovely so far! I'm also curious what the animated sections will be, as well as the chibi theatre haha.
//spams it here again. XD

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#34 Post by Mad Harlequin »

The newly added human sprites look very nice! Great job! :)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

aquantinar

#35 Post by aquantinar »

riiko08 wrote: Lol! Thank you so much! I'm so glad you liked all the character designs! *w*
I hope that we won't disappoint you once the game is finished!
Pffft- XD
No way! :/
This game doesn't even know what disappointment is (It's just too perfect ;v;), so how will it manage to do so anyway? ;)
riiko08 wrote: P.s. A cookie for you if you can tell me where you found my art lol!
OOOHHH~~ A COOKIE!! *3* ...Do I dare? XD That choco chip is tempting me~~ *q* *drools*
(Wait, what? xD Somehow it's as if I'm directing that to Royal ;D With the choco skin and- ..Stop!! >< What am I imagining?! T///T)
Oh, and did Aura help you bake those~? X3 I bet
the curse breaker cookies
will definitely be a hit in fairy-tale land ^^ Heheh~ and I'm gonna have a taste of it~~ <3

And the answer is.... Drum-roll please!
Symphonie des Rêves! Oh, I really hope they'll do an update sooner or later :'/ But, I'm always supporting that project also! ...In the shadows... Stalking you guys... Slowly, but surely.... Stalking you daily... (Was that creepy enough? XD)
Sitraxis wrote: Actually, same here when we started out the game. :D
Well, thinking of a character design isn't as easy as spelling your name.. :) But you guys did an awesome job ;v;
Sitraxis wrote: He definitely fits the tall, dark, & handsome description. :lol:
Yesssss~~ He suree doessss~~ XD

Welp, toodles~
..For now.. ;)

fioricca
Veteran
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten

#36 Post by fioricca »

ohmygosh all the detail on that UI ;o; everything about the UI is GORGEOUS why is it not widescreen

The logo is beautiful, I love the colours you used! I am shallow and I choose my boys based on how they look and I must say that I WANT TO LOVE ALL OF THEM. This looks amazing, and I'm really looking forward to it. :D

Sitraxis
Regular
Projects: Cinderella Phenomenon Fandisk
Organization: Dicesuki
IRC Nick: sitraxis
Tumblr: sitraxis
Deviantart: sitraxis

#37 Post by Sitraxis »

fioricca wrote:ohmygosh all the detail on that UI ;o; everything about the UI is GORGEOUS why is it not widescreen

The logo is beautiful, I love the colours you used! I am shallow and I choose my boys based on how they look and I must say that I WANT TO LOVE ALL OF THEM. This looks amazing, and I'm really looking forward to it. :D

EEE DOLLSTORY PERSON!! //such an honor! <3

We'll try the widescreen feature in our future games. ^7^ It was also hard for me to choose at first when riiko08 first showed all the sprites without knowing their routes. XD We'll do our best and make sure the demo is out before May 18. :)

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

#38 Post by Chasing Summer »

aquantinar wrote:And the answer is.... Drum-roll please!
Symphonie des Rêves! Oh, I really hope they'll do an update sooner or later :'/ But, I'm always supporting that project also! ...In the shadows... Stalking you guys... Slowly, but surely.... Stalking you daily... (Was that creepy enough? XD)
*snaps fingers*

Aha! So that’s where I’ve seen your art before.
From what I’ve seen so far, you did/ you’re doing a great job both on Symphonie des Rêves and Locked Heart. c:
new account: sonnenblumen

riiko08
Regular

#39 Post by riiko08 »

aquantinar wrote:
riiko08 wrote: P.s. A cookie for you if you can tell me where you found my art lol!
OOOHHH~~ A COOKIE!! *3* ...Do I dare? XD That choco chip is tempting me~~ *q* *drools*
(Wait, what? xD Somehow it's as if I'm directing that to Royal ;D With the choco skin and- ..Stop!! >< What am I imagining?! T///T)
Oh, and did Aura help you bake those~? X3 I bet
the curse breaker cookies
will definitely be a hit in fairy-tale land ^^ Heheh~ and I'm gonna have a taste of it~~ <3

And the answer is.... Drum-roll please!
Yay! You got it right! *gives you cookies*
Chasing Summer wrote:
aquantinar wrote:And the answer is.... Drum-roll please!
*snaps fingers*

Aha! So that’s where I’ve seen your art before.
From what I’ve seen so far, you did/ you’re doing a great job both on Symphonie des Rêves and Locked Heart. c:
my art for that was already old though. I cringe whenever I look at it . lol. It's just too bad that I haven't heard from the creators for such a long time. The story has potential and I loved the stories for some of the guys. Too bad that I might drop out as the artist there since I'm already working on my own VN

CatyCats
Regular

#40 Post by CatyCats »

Omg, I love the sprites and I love the butler even more!

riiko08
Regular

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome) UPDATE 5/15

#41 Post by riiko08 »

Just a short update!
Sitraxis has finished doing the GUI for the gallery as well as the coding.Yay!

Almost everything we need for the demo is done, and we're doing our best to finish it before May ends.
We're already halfway writing the last route then all that's left is the overall editing of the story.

I'll probably post a few CG's in the future XD. That's it for now. Please look forward for more updates from us!
Last edited by riiko08 on Sun May 25, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#42 Post by Hazel-Bun »

I can't wait to play :)!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

anlo09
Projects: Music is Everything [GxB][KN][Classical Music] Idol [GxB][Otome][Visual Novel]
IRC Nick: Anneloe

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome) Update 5/15

#43 Post by anlo09 »

So nice. :D

1. Is the story interesting enough? Will you play it once it's finished?
- The story is very interesting! Yes, I will surely play it once it's finished. :D

2. Which route will you pursue first based on the character descriptions?
- Hm. Maybe I'll go for Royal LeBlanc first because I like mysteries and he looks mysterious because of his past.

3. Do you have any questions? Critiques? Feedback?
- The artwork is really really nice and I really want to know the story so good luck with your game :D

Broodelin
Regular
Completed: A Harder Battle
Projects: Too many to list

#44 Post by Broodelin »

This is looking really cute and creative.

I would certainly play it once the demo is released. :)

If I had to choose, I'd definitely do Sol's (Mama Bear's) route first, simply based on his personality.

I wish you the best of luck with the project at hand, and please don't hesitate to reach out for help if you need it! :D

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#45 Post by Ran08 »

Oh my gosh. :o
I'm a HUGE fan of fairytales with a twist <3 Hahaha. This is so adorable! I can't wait to play it already. :")

1. Is the story interesting enough? Will you play it once it's finished?
-- Very interesting. Hahaha. And yes, I will play it. Over and over again too. Hahahaha. <3

2. Which route will you pursue first based on the character descriptions?
-- I think I'll go for Sol first, haha, because he's Mama Bear! Hahaha. <3 Personality-wise, he seems to be the most "effeminate" (think Ruka from Gakuen Alice)... and... I like it. Haha. When it come to VNs, I also tend to go for the ones with the troubled past. -____- I don't exactly know why, but they're just... so appealing to me and I like knowing more about their backstory.

3. Do you have any questions? Critiques? Feedback?
When will you release this super adorable game?! Hahahaha. :D
Anyway, goodluck on this! And I'm SOOO looking forward to playing it! :)