Crowfish (GxB) (Hiatus)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Amiralo
Regular
Completed: What's your name? : 2017 nano reno, Saccharine: a misleading sim date. Reverie: an odd simdate. Where adabans grow: an asian simdate. Monochrome and colors.
Projects: Enwiss the Beloved
Organization: Amiralo
Deviantart: Amiralo

Crowfish (GxB) (Hiatus)

#1 Post by Amiralo »

EDIT: I just lost all the work for it due to a computer crash...not going to start again for a long time.

First time posting in this place...And I don't even know how to properply embed images. Lol
Anyways...here goes.

Crowfish logo.png
Plot

On her 18th birthday party, Valentine Blackwood went through a life changing incident that put her in the mental hospital and her mother in the grave.
Now, 10 month later, Valentine has made a full recovery and has exited the loony bin. Eager to get away from the lingering influences and to keep her daughter’s mental state in check, her father decide to move the whole family to Knight’s End—his birth town that he hadn’t visited in years.
At first, Knight’s End seem like a typical obscure town with a nice school and a peaceful environment, But then, Valentine began to see black crows and dead fishes everywhere she goes: on her way to school, in the bathroom, in her dreams…..
Is it a sign of her sickness relapsing, or is it something much more sinister?

Characters:

The heroine:
Valentinehead.png
Valentine Blackwood.
Former co-captain of the track team at her old school, Valentine Blackwood used to be one of those sneering popular girls in her school that made many a classmate mutter “B**ch”. But now, freshly out of the loony bin, Valentine has thoroughly mellowed out, replaced her old sneers with new smiles. Although Valentine is eager to shed her former image and grateful for a brand new start, she has a habit of pushing people away with grins and teases when they get too “close” to her for her comfort.
Having made “stay calm and chill” her motto for the year, Valentine would like nothing better than to return back to a normal and boring life. Too bad all the fishes and the crows won’t let her….
...............................................................................................................................................................

The bachelors:
John remington sprite.png
John Remington

The one kid who would be a cutie if he wasn't so terribly terribly odd. The Crowfish high school weirdo who is best known for his suspension 3 years ago( He tried to perform "Magic" and blew up half of the school in the process) Used to wear thick glasses, but now has required a pair of red contacts. But if you ask him about it, he will tell you that red is his natural eye color with a slight smile.

After his name making incident, John has mellowed out considerably and spends most of his time holed up in the town library ---either surfing the internet or reading obscure books. If you talk to him, you would find that he is surprisingly polite and pleasant person---able to make small talk for hours on end without revealing anything important.

victorside.png
Victor Fairchild

Despite his handsome and almost angelic appearance, Victor is probably the meanest and most provocative person you will find in town. For some reason, he always appears wet and is constantly spraying himself with the bottle he carries around while rapped in a wet towel. He also almost never leaves his room, which is basically a specifically modeled pool that contains water carried from the local lake.

If you ask him about his strange habits, he will rage at you. And when I say rage, i do not mean tsundere hissy fit, but vase throwing, window smashing, hulk like rage. The rest of the time, he acts like a girl on her period.

He smells like a piece of cloth that has been in water for too long. But don't tell him that.

Despite being the tallest bachelor, he is also the youngest at age 16---3 full years younger than the heroine. And if you can't figure it out by the info given above, he is home schooled.
................................................................................................
scottsidebyside.png
Scott Harland

Technically, Scott is the sheriff of Crow's End. However, being the only police in a relatively uneventful town, Mr.Harland's main duties consists of driving the forgetful elderly home, rescuing cats from trees, and shooing teenagers away from the pub. Despite his laid back and easing going attitude, Mr. Harland is a very upright and hardworking individual who is always willing to help. Even if it means listening to a 40 year old housewife complain about her husband. Due to this, he is also the unofficial guidance counselor of the town.

His three biggest crime in life is neglecting to clean his house, discardng his work shirt for a grungy t-shirt and being a little too righteous.
..............................................................................................................................................................

Other characters
Daniel.png
Daniel Blackwood

Valentine and Lancelot's father. A strict and unsmiling man who unconsciously exudes pressure wherever he goes. The death of his wife has left him with 2 estranged kids that he has no idea how to communicate with. But despite his blunt and distant nature, Mr. Blackwood sincerely cares about his children and makes a tremendous effort to reassemble his broken family. This has resulted him to hold regular family groupings in the fashion he attends the hospital's board of director meetings.

Icy personality aside, nobody can deny that he is extremely handsome for his age.

Theodore.png
Theodore Blackwood

Daniel's younger brother and Valentine and Lancelot's uncle. A soft-spoken workaholic who is deeply committed to his job as the mayor of Knights End, Theodore is determined to make Knight's End prosper despite all odds. While doting to his nephew and neice, Theodore has a rather funny relationship with Daniel due to some old time grudge.

while not as dashing as his brother Daniel, Theodore has much more smoother personality. Though he is not married, Theodore has more or less adopted Able Hemingway as his son.

Lancelot.png
Lancelot Blackwood

Valentine's younger brother and Daniel's son. Lancelot is a typical 6th grader who is just a tad too sarcastic for his age. Posses the uncanny ability to point out facts that others politely ignore. Currently mad at his father for moving them to the middle of nowhere where the internet speed is slower than a snail crawl.

Able.png
Able Hemingway

A skinny, bespectacled, high school senior who always wears an overlarge green coat that should belong to a hobo. A balanced and nice invidividual with a passion for obscure indie bands. However, he must secretly be a ninja, for he simultaneously works at 3 shops at the same time.

Respects his guardian Theodore a lot for his dedication to the town and wants to one day take over his position.

Odette.png
Odette Fairchild

Victor Fairchild's older sister. While less provocative than her brother, Odette is still intimidating with her model like appearance and standoffish , snooty attitude. Bossy in a passive aggressive way and has the ability of telling you what to do without actually saying it. But if you stand firm in your opinions, she will surprisingly back off. While they don't talk much together, Valentine and Odette has bonded awkwardly as occasional running companions.

Dr.holster.png
Mr. Hoselton

The elderly Fairchild family butler. While he used to be quite capable in his younger years, Mr. Hoselton is now a little hard of hearing and can no longer walk as fast as he used to. So while he cares for Odette and victor like his own grand children, he is too old to forcefully correct their inconsiderate personalities.

Florica.png
Florica Remington

As John's biological mother and Guinevere's step mother d, Florica Remington is easily the most controversial figure in Knight's End. But while there are many ugly rumors flying about, Florica is usually too busy managing her late husband's estate's to care. Valentine considers her a nice and pretty lady.

guinevere.png
Guinevere Remington

John's half sister and Florica's stepdaughter, Guinevere is one of those silent creepy childs that unnerves you with stares. Distrustful of her stepmother, she spends her free time holed up in her room doing god knows what. But for some reason, she is oddly obedient to John.
..............................................................................................................................................................

About

Although this will be my first renpy game, it is actually my 4th visual novel like game, so I want to make it longer than my usual 20'000 words fare. It will be mainly horror and psychological, with some slight magic thrown in. There will be 3 datable characters and 8 endings (1 TE, 2GE, 4 non standard BEs and 1 game over BE). It will be no mini games. A visual novel in the purest sense. It will be rated 15+ for some blood and violence.

I will move this to the works in progress thread once I have written out the whole story and started programming lol.

That being said, it is, in it's bare bones, an otome game where you get to chase some weird dudes of varying personality and age. However, since you play as a character with a predetermined personality, renaming the heroine is sadly not an option.
..........................................................................................................................

Questions:
Crowfish logo2.png
Crowfish logo2.png (22.2 KiB) Viewed 5501 times

If you have read this far, you have my eternal thanks. I will bore you just a little further......
1. who is your favorite bachelor and why?

2. What do you wish to see out of this game? (story and art wise...although my skills in both areas are rather amateur)

3. Do you mind violence in otome games?

4. Is there any non datable character you are interested in?

5. Any other questions?
Last edited by Amiralo on Sun May 18, 2014 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
My deviant art (where you can look at the embarrassing sim dates I have made). http://amiralo.deviantart.com/

My current project
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54150

Ghost
Projects: open!

Re: Crowfish (GxB) (Horror/Mind tripping with slight magic)

#2 Post by Ghost »

oooo, I really like your art style! 'Amateur' or not, it's very distinctive and fits well with the mood you seem to be trying to get across. * v * But uh, to answer your questions...

1. John, no contest. As much as I have a weakness for assholes in writing, destructive 'magic' trumps that any day of the week. Plus, his enigmatic eccentricities sound like they'll add to his character rather than detract from it. All of them seem to have solid premises though. ' v '

2. I'd like you to take it in whatever direction you'd like to. It's your story, not mine.

3. I enjoy violence in all things... uh, except when it's outside the realms of fiction. But that shouldn't be an issue here.

4. I'm kind of curious about Floricia, since she has to be controversial to the rest of the neighborhood for a reason. Did she off her husband in a black widow sort of move? Is she making explosives that were stolen by her son and resulted in the 'magic' trick upon the school? Is she a cannibal? Does she pay taxes? So many mysteries...

5. So she sees crows and dead fish anywhere. Will she ever see a dead hybrid crowfish like you have in the logo?

Amiralo
Regular
Completed: What's your name? : 2017 nano reno, Saccharine: a misleading sim date. Reverie: an odd simdate. Where adabans grow: an asian simdate. Monochrome and colors.

#3 Post by Amiralo »

Ghost wrote:oooo, I really like your art style! 'Amateur' or not, it's very distinctive and fits well with the mood you seem to be trying to get across. * v * But uh, to answer your questions...

1. John, no contest. As much as I have a weakness for assholes in writing, destructive 'magic' trumps that any day of the week. Plus, his enigmatic eccentricities sound like they'll add to his character rather than detract from it. All of them seem to have solid premises though. ' v '

2. I'd like you to take it in whatever direction you'd like to. It's your story, not mine.

3. I enjoy violence in all things... uh, except when it's outside the realms of fiction. But that shouldn't be an issue here.

4. I'm kind of curious about Floricia, since she has to be controversial to the rest of the neighborhood for a reason. Did she off her husband in a black widow sort of move? Is she making explosives that were stolen by her son and resulted in the 'magic' trick upon the school? Is she a cannibal? Does she pay taxes? So many mysteries...

5. So she sees crows and dead fish anywhere. Will she ever see a dead hybrid crowfish like you have in the logo?
I'm glad you liked the art....I really tried this time.

1. Oooh I am pretty suprised. John is actually the least physically appealing one in the game---one of my guy friends think he's a girl. So I was thinking maybe scott or Victor would be voted fave bachelor instead . But his personality and back story is a big plus at least to my eyes.

2. Ahhh I will try my hardest to make it a story I envisioned!

3. Hehe that's good. Because Crowfish get's pretty disturbing towards the end.

4. Hmm Florica. Her and her entire family are weirdos. But I never thought of her influencing her son to play with "magic". I should maybe consider that....

5. Well....I guess it is not considered too spoliery. So Yes. the heroined does meet "crowfish" at one point of the story. But crowfish plays a larger role than just to terrify people....There's a reason I chose a "crowfish" and made it the logo rather than picking a boogey monster, after all.
Last edited by Amiralo on Tue May 13, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My deviant art (where you can look at the embarrassing sim dates I have made). http://amiralo.deviantart.com/

My current project

Armee
Veteran

#4 Post by Armee »

Oh hey t0x3y from dA here. Never expected you to get out from dA and came to LSF. Love your works by the way.

1. Victor is a merma-man. Merman. I think so. Is he? I think John seems like the OTP? I don't really know. Every of your games have OTP.
2. More of your game is already enough for me. Totally biased already. I wish to see more oddness if that's what you want to know.
3. Pretty used to it though so no, like, your other games have some of it, no?
4. Guinevere kinda look like Asuka. That's only a coincidence, right? ;_;
5. Moar moar of your works. Yasssssss!!!!

Amiralo
Regular

#5 Post by Amiralo »

Armee wrote:Oh hey t0x3y from dA here. Never expected you to get out from dA and came to LSF. Love your works by the way.

1. Victor is a merma-man. Merman. I think so. Is he? I think John seems like the OTP? I don't really know. Every of your games have OTP.
2. More of your game is already enough for me. Totally biased already. I wish to see more oddness if that's what you want to know.
3. Pretty used to it though so no, like, your other games have some of it, no?
4. Guinevere kinda look like Asuka. That's only a coincidence, right? ;_;
5. Moar moar of your works. Yasssssss!!!!
Hihi! Wow! I never knew someone in lemma soft played my flash games! Glad you liked them!
...And yeah. I am planning to using renpy for this game, not flash 8, so it makes sense to drop by lemma soft to gather support ( After all, I will need all the help I can get with the coding and some proof reader+beta testers in the distant future)

1. Is Victor a merman? Not quite. But exactly what he is is for you to find out. But yes, you are right, John is the OTP( and the unlockable character). I figure it is about time for me to make an OTP where the male character is shota-ish (though John only fits that description by appearance......)

2.Thank you for your support! As for oddness....Well, I will try my best to give this game an eerie denpa like feel that slowly deepens. As well as make the characters have quirks while not being over the top.

3. Yes.I am afraid that I am a tad sadistic, for I always seem to like some kind of violence in my games....That being said, if you ca stomach Reverie (think duke and white's BE), this game should be okay.....

4. Yeah. This is only coincidence. Technically, while this takes part in the same universe as my other 2 works with valentine making small references to adabana's heroine, Asuka has nothing to do with this story. Also, the lords of _____ are also not going to appear in this story. That being said, Guinevere is probably more odd than Asuka, who is actually fairly normal girl in her own right.

5. Oh you are making me blush! But I feel super pumped now about writing the script~ :lol:

My current project

Amiralo
Regular

#6 Post by Amiralo »

Progress so far
Sprites: 70%
outline: 25% (added another BE lol)
actual writing: 0%
coding:0%
CGs: 0%
Music:...using royalty free music for now. Might change it custom made music if I do a successful kick starter in the future? not likely though.
Backgrounds:..using photos ripped off the internet that is shamelessly Photoshopped. Might hand draw if kick starter successful in the distant future?

....as you can see, nothing is done ;v;

My current project

Lyyli
Regular

#7 Post by Lyyli »

1. who is your favorite bachelor and why? John! I like odd people and he just fascinates me :)

2. What do you wish to see out of this game? (story and art wise...although my skills in both areas are rather amateur) A dark compelling story with oddities and nice characters that makes it hard to stop reading. I love moments that play with my emotions (btw I really like your art and the logo!)

Nope! Can't always be rainbows and sunshines.

Guinevere. I wonder if she is doing something scary inside her room and what makes her act like she does.

5. Any other questions? Any yandere in this game? (Yes, I like yandere :3)

I'll have to play your other games now!
This is one of the few games I really look forward to because you have pretty much captures things I love in a story. If you ever need any help like testers or anyting really in the future, I'll be happy to help! :)
Meep.

Amiralo
Regular

#8 Post by Amiralo »

Lyyli wrote:1. who is your favorite bachelor and why? John! I like odd people and he just fascinates me :)

2. What do you wish to see out of this game? (story and art wise...although my skills in both areas are rather amateur) A dark compelling story with oddities and nice characters that makes it hard to stop reading. I love moments that play with my emotions (btw I really like your art and the logo!)

Nope! Can't always be rainbows and sunshines.

Guinevere. I wonder if she is doing something scary inside her room and what makes her act like she does.

5. Any other questions? Any yandere in this game? (Yes, I like yandere :3)

I'll have to play your other games now!
This is one of the few games I really look forward to because you have pretty much captures things I love in a story. If you ever need any help like testers or anyting really in the future, I'll be happy to help! :)

1. John....wow...john sure is getting popular. And thanks for the compliment! I really went all out with the art aspect in this game...

2. I think it is more mind tripping violence than actual darkness? Not alot of character are actually dark...but I will try my best to make it as compelling as possible....

3. Yay! dark otomes for the win!

4. You are right, Guinevere is definetly on to something. If I were to rate the top 5 most disturbed people in my cast, Guinevere would occupy a spot.

5. I like Yanderes too. And as for the appearance of yanderes in the route, that really depends on your choices in the story.....while all three bachelors are not yanderes in the purest sense, they all do something that would make a yandere proud.....

My current project

Lyyli
Regular

Re: Crowfish (GxB) (Hiatus)

#9 Post by Lyyli »

Thanks for the answers, I really love what you plan for this game.
And I just read your journal entry on dA and... wow, I'm so terribly sorry it happened :( It must suck so bad! *hug*
Saving your work on an usb from time to time might help prevent horrible situations like that in the future.

I feel really sad about this and for you, if there is anything I can help with don't hesitate to ask. I really love this project of yours even by the little I know and hope that you to one day feel that you can revive it ><
Meep.

Amiralo
Regular

#10 Post by Amiralo »

Lyyli wrote:Thanks for the answers, I really love what you plan for this game.
And I just read your journal entry on dA and... wow, I'm so terribly sorry it happened :( It must suck so bad! *hug*
Saving your work on an usb from time to time might help prevent horrible situations like that in the future.

I feel really sad about this and for you, if there is anything I can help with don't hesitate to ask. I really love this project of yours even by the little I know and hope that you to one day feel that you can revive it ><

Thank you for your support.
Due to me losing a big part of my script, I have decided to renovate this into a completely different story-----a crack comedy.
Featuring the heroine as the patron angel of pancakes.
And no, I am not kidding. That is what crowfish is going to be now---the life of the patron angel of pancakes who is summoned by a prep school teacher.

...I...will mostly likely change the title too....

My current project

Lyyli
Regular

#11 Post by Lyyli »

Well, I certainly didn't expect that. But I admit I'm surious on how it will become.

Does that mean that this story might never be done? Will you in that case spill the beans on the secrets of the characters and story?
Meep.

Amiralo
Regular

#12 Post by Amiralo »

Haha sorry I can't spill the beans, as I am still using the background as fillers, just in a different sort of container.

My current project

Lyyli
Regular

#13 Post by Lyyli »

Aha, I understand :) Good luck and I will still keep watch on your games because they are all interesting (Played through Reverie recently and I really liked the setting and style.)
Meep.