A Troll's Fairy Tale [Otome] [GxB] [NaNoRenO 2013]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
BeforeThePrologue

Re: A Troll's Fairy Tale [Otome] [GxB] [NaNoRenO 2013]

#166 Post by BeforeThePrologue »

Awwww I liked Aeron.

Will do a full review when I finish.

Edit: Well I would have.
If he wasn't such a jerk I would have loved to have a path with him

KashyaCharsi
Regular

#167 Post by KashyaCharsi »

Me too. I'd love to make someone shy:)

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#168 Post by 15385bic »

I have to say I really enjoyed this game and had a smile pasted on my face throughout Damine's entire route <-- he's not my "type" but i'm so glad she had her happy ending. I really did love that end cg - it gave me flutters
I just love the banter of Acacia with all the others~~~
At first i though she should have a route with Aeron, but after events - i'm satisfied with the other 2~
Edavine is my "type"~ character-wise - i'd chase after him anyday ;P
His path was sweet.

the sprites were really nice~ and i love Acacia's wild hair~ (⁎˃ᆺ˂)
the writing was really modern and i love picking up all the inuendo's even though our mc didnt :p
Well done on this really~ I cant believe u made this in a month all by yourself. super thumbs up 凸(`0´)凸

edit - i just had to add fanart
really wanted to try drawing her hair
really - its insane - i dont know how u did it
acacia700.jpg

LovetteSakura

#169 Post by LovetteSakura »

Wow I'm really curious about the game. I have Immediately hit the download button XD
If you have time please visit my blog :$ it is a blog about Japanese stuff ^^
https://www.lovettesakura.com Image

Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

#170 Post by Morishita »

Q^Q You guys! I'm so, so SOOO SORRY about not responding to all of these sweet messages until now! I've been so swamped with getting volume 2 of my webcomic ready for print while working with my kickstarter (which has finally reached it's goal! Yay!) that I've just been exhausted from work and children (their homeschooling starts in August ^^;) but I'll go back and read everyone's replies and I just want to thank all of you for all of your kind words and encouragement! I really wasn't expecting Areon to get as much attention as he has gotten but I can understand to a certain extent because he is a little sneak thing, but not to spoil anything for those of you who haven't played the game ^^; Again I'm so happy and touched that you all enjoyed my little game and I really wished that I could have done another this recent Nanoreno but I just had to much work already on my plate. Here's looking at Nanoreno 15' ;3 I might do another fantasy one or maybe a modern one, I think it all depends on what I've watched, read or how I'm feeling ^^;
15385bic wrote:I have to say I really enjoyed this game and had a smile pasted on my face throughout Damine's entire route <-- he's not my "type" but i'm so glad she had her happy ending. I really did love that end cg - it gave me flutters
I just love the banter of Acacia with all the others~~~
At first i though she should have a route with Aeron, but after events - i'm satisfied with the other 2~
Edavine is my "type"~ character-wise - i'd chase after him anyday ;P
His path was sweet.

the sprites were really nice~ and i love Acacia's wild hair~ (⁎˃ᆺ˂)
the writing was really modern and i love picking up all the inuendo's even though our mc didnt :p
Well done on this really~ I cant believe u made this in a month all by yourself. super thumbs up 凸(`0´)凸

edit - i just had to add fanart
really wanted to try drawing her hair
really - its insane - i dont know how u did it
acacia700.jpg
OH! My! Gosh!! Is it okay if I post this on my website and tumblr with a link to your DA page or whichever link you would like me to link to because this is sooo adorable! She looks so cute X3 Thank you so much!! If I knew how to do the key smashing thing without feel self-conscious with my keyshaming letter order then I would so do it right now but this is just so nice of you! Thank you so much Q^Q

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#171 Post by 15385bic »

you can post it if u like =]
i havent really used any of my sites in a while so u can link it to DA if you want ^^'.

i'm so glad you like it~
i really really enjoyed your game~

Lire
Regular
Projects: Witch Hunt
Location: Anywhere this minds follows.. stops at Indonesia for now..

#172 Post by Lire »

Thank you so much for the new update :wink: :P
I've made a review in return. Hope it to your liking? :lol:
http://scan-vn.blogspot.com/2014/05/a-t ... -tale.html

15385bic wrote: [attachment=0]acacia700.jpg[/attachment]

Omg, good job bic! :shock: :wink:

And again, thank you very much. 8) :wink: :wink:
Not enough time..
Or i'm a genius in wasting time.. :lol:

Bouki
Regular

#173 Post by Bouki »

Game was really sweet and Acacia was a really nice heroine, not your usual ''Oooh i'm so pretty and petite and fragile'' kind of character, but had a unique beauty in my opinion. The thing i like the most is your art style though, it really has a different feel to it, and guys were really... nicely done. About the routes:
Since i am your average girl, i have a thing for jerky manwhore types and well, Damine really didn't disappoint me at that :lol: It was fun how he always teased Acacia, and there were times i really wanted to hit him with a hard object (god bless acacia and her feisty nature) but it was all well in the end. I mean, guy is a handsome prince with a lovely smile. Even his mom is nice. How can you hate him?
Edavine felt much more mature, and his eyes were really pretty i must say :wink: I remember enjoying it quite a lot when i was playing, but i dunno, it's hard to comment on it. I even liked his corny poem at the end. I think it was much more polished than Damine route (maybe because it has more CGs)
And lastly, for Aeron, i replayed the scene over and over when Aquila hit him. Miserable jerk.

So it was a nice game, thank you for making it and i look forward to your next projects!

Teleute

#174 Post by Teleute »

Beautifully illustrated with good background music. Good developed characters for the simple storyline. Thank you for developing this enjoyable game. I could identify somewhat with the characters.
I lurk cos I'm very apt at saying things I'll regret later.

Artemisia

#175 Post by Artemisia »

Thank you so much! :) Good game, and a rare kind of MC, but her mother is so freaking annoying! :lol:

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#176 Post by Lesleigh63 »

What a great game.

The writing was direct and immediate. Telling us just enough to get a feel for the character without wading through walls of text that don't move the story forward. Natural sounding dialogue as well.

Lovely looking character sprites. Loved the outdoor BGs (the autumn colouring in the pond BG was lovely and the colours so vivid). Didn't like the indoor BGs as much. Very pretty CGs.

Nice way to spend a few hours immersed in your VN :)

Cafechan
Regular
Completed: algormortis
Projects: The Duenkhy, Lights on Stillwater Hill

#177 Post by Cafechan »

I just finished playing through this and I really liked it. I fell in love with the main character and her unique family dynamic. The fact that her mother and sister were extremely involved in the story was very enjoyable; so many VNs are eager to shelf the family, which works in most cases, but I think it did well to show how the MC related to others very well. I loved how spunky she was!!!!

The designs of everyone were very unique, which I loved. Damine's path was my favorite, but I liked doing Edavine's route and finding out more about the story. I think the way his ended was a little abrupt, but otherwise, I really enjoyed how sweet he was.

The outdoor backgrounds were very gorgeous! And I enjoyed the CGs. Thank you for this lovely VN!

Larite

#178 Post by Larite »

This game has a special place in my heart. I love every part of it: characters, art, music, all pieces. Acacia is so strongly reminds me of myself… And her courage, confidence and faith in herself helped me to understood and accept myself finally. And I want to say thank you for your work. It’s really a game, that I recommend every girl to play. Thank you very much for create it! And I really hope to see your other projects soon :) Good luck to you and thanks again!

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#179 Post by Googaboga »

This game was so nice. It made me smile a lot and it's got the type of stories that just put you in a good mood. The characters were fun and I adore all their designs.

Thanks for making such a lovely game.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

emasue

#180 Post by emasue »

Wow i downloaded this today and played both routes!! I followed your advice and played Damine's path first and i'm glad i did
because it set me up to feel annoyed with aeron already
. I have to say that i loved Edavine's path more though :D The art is fantastic and i loved both story lines. Great job!!!!