Graverobber [Point and Click]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
detective

Graverobber [Point and Click]

#1 Post by detective »

G R A V E R O B B E R - EPISODE 1

—- a b o u t

​Seattle. 1990-something. Sometime past midnight.

Graverobbing is what Sasha’s best at. Top of his class and nationally infamous. But after a tomb heist goes not-so-smoothly, he’s suddenly being haunted by Ellery, the ghost of the particular crypt he robbed.

Not wanting to give back the stolen watch, Sasha delves into research about Ellery’s past along with looking for a means to get rid of him. He unexpectedly becomes more and more intrigued by Ellery’s past while he was alive. Meanwhile, the ghost attempts to make Sasha’s life as miserable as possible and an obsessive detective uses whatever means possible to find the graverobber and arrest him.

Sasha’s only two friends and hope for safety are a skeevy bartender named Barnaby, and his very own wits.

—- m o r e - p r e v i e w - i m a g e s

—- d o w n l o a d

Head on over HERE to get the game!

Graverobber is a pay-what-you-want point-and-click episodic adventure game. Episode One runs about 45 minutes total.

—- d e m o

You can get a short demo of the game right over here!

—- e t c

Been working super hard on this and I'm really happy with how it turned out, and I hope you guys enjoy it.

Thanks for taking a look at this project, have fun with the game, and happy grave robbing.

Broodelin
Regular
Completed: A Harder Battle
Projects: Too many to list

Re: Graverobber [Point and Click]

#2 Post by Broodelin »

Wow!

I really love the style and the concept of this game as a 90's-ish point-and-click. I'll have to play the demo to be sure, but I think you've won yourself a fan right here! :D

Cafechan
Regular
Completed: algormortis
Projects: The Duenkhy, Lights on Stillwater Hill

#3 Post by Cafechan »

WOW, this looks absolutely fantastic! Throwing a little bit of cash your way (sorry it can't be more!) and getting the full version. I can't wait to play it =) I'll post a review once I've had a chance to beat it.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by DaFool »

Hmmm... art looks familiar... it's the Gods of Nowhere creator!

plaster
Regular
Tumblr: plasterbrain
Soundcloud: plasterbrain

#5 Post by plaster »

Ahhh I played the demo of this!! Your aesthetic is the BOMB!!!!!

Cafechan
Regular
Completed: algormortis
Projects: The Duenkhy, Lights on Stillwater Hill

#6 Post by Cafechan »

Finished it, LOVED IT. You've got a really good thing going on here.

First of all: that aestheticccccc. Not gonna lie, I bought it right away because I liked the art of these screenshots so much. What can I say? I'm very art-oriented. Haha. I'm so drawn in by those neon colors. Very Protomen-y.

I LOVED the point and click sequences. They're super well done. The scenery is gorgeous (I loved the light streaming through Sasha's apartment window!) and read clearly while also being detailed and fun to explore. If I have to say a nitpick, I will say that the one thing that drives me crazy about all point-and-clicks is that I hate clicking madly all over the place to make sure I didn't miss anything. It'd be nice if clickable area glowed on hover-over, but I understand if that's too blatant!

The character portraits were very nice. Such a neat and unique style. I thought it was a little odd in some spots that they had no alternate expressions (at least a smile/frown to alternate between would be nice, since seeing Sasha smile while getting upset about something was a little jarring!) but the blinking/floating/whatever animation, made them more lively, so it wasn't too big of a deal.

The opening sequence was stylish and attention grabbing!!

I liked the very quiet typewriter SFX that went with the dialogue. I actually really like subtle text SFX, as long as they aren't too loud, so I appreciated the low volume.

The story is interesting, if not a little convenient sometimes (why was there...
a flashlight in the tree? LOL although the dialogue leading up to Sasha checking the tree was very funny
). I gotta say, I want to see more of the cute cashier girl. B) I blazed through the whole game in maybe an hour, and now it hurts so badly that I have to wait for episode two.

In some ways, it gives me The Wolf Among Us-ish vibes (which is a huge compliment from me because I adore Telltale's point and click games). I'd be interested in seeing puzzles other than (or more involved than) the cryptology puzzles in the future, but for a first episode, they were neat and pretty to look at!

Two more quick nitpicky things:
Screen shot 2014-05-20 at 10.35.52 AM.png
The padding on text balloons that go on the right side seems to be off. Sometimes the words float off the text balloon. It was never intrusive, but it looked a little odd at times.
Screen shot 2014-05-20 at 10.49.02 AM.png
Typo? "no idea what you're talking ______"... I almost missed it myself, but then I re-read it. It's a small thing!

All in all, I really loved everything about it. The presentation was great. Cannot wait for more!

detective

#7 Post by detective »

Thanks for both playing it and leaving feedback!

I had no idea that typo was there, I'll probably go back and fix it and re-upload when I find the time.

Also, I was really wary about having too many different types of puzzles and causing the gameplay to become unfocused/all over the place, if that makes sense, so it's good to hear more puzzles would be better. Episode Two will definitely have at least one new type of puzzle, a couple riddles, and continue with the ghoulian blocks.

LRH
Regular

#8 Post by LRH »

I had fun playing the demo, and I love the art, it's very clean, and unique in style. I feel guilty with the idea of downloading the full version for free, so I'll have to wait until I have what I consider a reasonable amount of money to pay for a full copy of Graverobber. I enjoyed the cipher code input elements, being a fan of cryptography, and I'm absolutely intrigued by the importance of Ellery's watch.

Evolution
Regular
Projects: ???

#9 Post by Evolution »

OHH! I've been waiting for this!
Having just finished the demo, I have a few comments:

Firstly, I LOVE the visuals! The art style is fantastic, from character designs to backgrounds. I love the animations you incorporated, and the ambient music ties it all together quite well. Somehow, even the typing sound effect that the text makes increases the overall appeal of how everything is set up.

Honestly, the only negatives that stand out to me are the fact that the characters only had one sprite each -- at least in the demo -- and that I was kind of bothered by the fact that the door to the bathroom didn't have a knob. I mean, I'm not entirely sure what we were picking. ._.

Oh! And, I actually caught a couple of typos, too:

First
Second

I'm quite intrigued to find out where the story goes from here! I definite want to know more about Ellery. I shall be purchasing the full version soon!

rainbowcascade
Regular

#10 Post by rainbowcascade »

Damn, this game looks hot. I just bought Gods of Nowhere, so I'll get this game next!

trepiechick
Regular

#11 Post by trepiechick »

This game is fantastic! Would it be all right with you if I uploaded a let's play to youtube? I'd love to help this game and you get more exposure.

rainbowcascade
Regular

#12 Post by rainbowcascade »

Congrats! You got featured on the news of VNsNow!:

http://www.vnsnow.com/archive/heres-the-news-5262014