Background Artist Needed!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Purpleryuk

Background Artist Needed!

#1 Post by Purpleryuk »

Ok, first off I'm not going to sell the game and I can't pay for an artist so if you are interested in this job you will have to work for free, sorry!
I'm working on a game that may be fairly long and needs backgrounds. I have a list of the backgrounds I need, and while it's not a perfect exact list I don't really think it will change much. I'm looking for 16 different backgrounds and 7 of them will need to have copies with different times of the day. I'll put a list below of the pictures I'm asking for. If I have too I will take multiple artists but I really only want one artist to do all the drawings so that they all have the same style. So far I haven't started actually writing the script and coding and stuff but I have a complete outline of my game idea and I'm about half way done with the sprites. Since I'm asking for a lot I won't be picky. I will be as patient as I can and I don't care too much about how amazing they look as long as they look presentable in a game.

The backgrounds I need are:
A bedroom (Day and Night)
A kitchen
Living room
The outside of the house (Day and Night)
A grocery store
A waiting room at the doctor's
A doctor’s office
A park (Day and Evening)
The inside of a restaurant
The outside of a restaurant (Evening, Night)
The inside of a cafe
The outside of a cafe (Day, Evening)
A beach (Day, Evening, Night)
The inside of a mall
The outside of a mall (Day, evening)
A hospital room

If you are interested in the job or have a question about anything, feel free to just ask! :D I appreciate any help I can get!

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

Re: Background Artist Needed!

#2 Post by Katta »

Why don't you use free bgs? There're lots of pretty good free bgs for the places you list, especially if your story is set in Japan.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#3 Post by fleet »

What's the game about? Where is it set (location/time period)? Do you have a sample to show the style of background you want?

Here's a DAZ render of a hospital room that I made, using models by Moebius87. Use it as you see fit, no restrictions on use - just give credit to Moebius87, who made the models. I've attached the readme file that came with the models.

hospitalroom.jpg
Hospital_Read_Me.txt
(1.38 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Purpleryuk

#4 Post by Purpleryuk »

Katta wrote:Why don't you use free bgs? There're lots of pretty good free bgs for the places you list, especially if your story is set in Japan.
Well I have in the past but I spend a lot of time trying to find backgrounds that are the right match and I would also like them to all be the same style so if I find most of the backgrounds I need but I still need a few others and they are a different style I don't like using them

Purpleryuk

#5 Post by Purpleryuk »

fleet wrote:What's the game about? Where is it set (location/time period)? Do you have a sample to show the style of background you want?

Here's a DAZ render of a hospital room that I made, using models by Moebius87. Use it as you see fit, no restrictions on use - just give credit to Moebius87, who made the models. I've attached the readme file that came with the models.
My game doesn't really have an exact place and anything is fine as long as they all look like they are in the same place and the time is modern day.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by fleet »

kitchen.jpg
Are you interested in using renders of 3D models for backgrounds?
If so, here's a kitchen picture you can use. The dinette set model is by blondie9999, the kitchen model is by FashionFor3D. I made the render.
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Purpleryuk

#7 Post by Purpleryuk »

fleet wrote: Are you interested in using renders of 3D models for backgrounds?
Ya I'm fine with 3D backgrounds, this looks greats :D

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by fleet »

Purpleryuk wrote:
fleet wrote: Are you interested in using renders of 3D models for backgrounds?
Ya I'm fine with 3D backgrounds, this looks greats :D
bedroom-day-luckybears.jpg
bedroom-night-luckybears.jpg
Okay. Here are the bedroom scenes. The model is by luckybears; the render is by me.

I'll be uploading some more of scenes I already made.

You mentioned wanting cafe scenes. By cafe do you mean a coffee-shop, nightclub, or tavern?

Did you want the inside or outside of the grocery store?

Purpleryuk

#9 Post by Purpleryuk »

fleet wrote:You mentioned wanting cafe scenes. By cafe do you mean a coffee-shop, nightclub, or tavern?

Did you want the inside or outside of the grocery store?
For the cafe I was thinking sort of a fancy-ish type of coffee shop. For the grocery store I need the inside.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by fleet »

Okay, working on them now.
Very respectfully,
fleet

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran

#11 Post by fleet »

EDIT: I found something that I can use to make a grocery store interior. I'll compress all of the backgrounds and send you PM with the link to the zipped file.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by fleet »

Link sent. I hope you find the backgrounds useful.