Sacred Sand [BxB] [Fantasy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
bakachocolate

Re: Sacred Sand [BxB] [Fantasy]

#91 Post by bakachocolate »

I also think that this is the best BxB game I've played!! ^^
I wanted to do the Aydin ending first actually, until I knew there was a threesome ending (WOOT!!). That ending was shoooooooo cute!!!!
And then, during the threesome ending route, I saw MERRIS. Yes, the hot general that wouldn't be easy to miss. Dammit, was he hot!!! And so, I did his ending (the lovers one) after the threesome end :P Well, I was really sad to hear that Lorr had to leave Aydin in Shaheron for 10 years, but he has to choose Merris over him to finish the route TAT Feel so bad for Aydin since he loves Lorr so much...

And finally!! I've done Aydin's end, the one where they propose to each other. *flower petals bursts into fireworks!!* YES THIS IS MY FAVE ENDING!!! QAQ Their really cute as a couple...=w= but then, I wished that in the end, after we choose someone, the other bachelors(LOL??) can have another person to be with too. They seem so lonely without Lorr!!

Anywayz, overall this was a cute, short but fun and lovable game!! I hope to see another BL game from you again!! I can wait patiently .w.

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#92 Post by silverpikachu99 »

This game was ADORABLE***! Good job~
i'll cry if you yell at me

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#93 Post by Lesleigh63 »

I've only played one ending so far, but it was a very enjoyable to play. Cute story, cute artwork, cute overall feel. Looking forward to playing again, and again, and again.

SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)
Deviantart: http://silverhyena.d
itch: https://silverhyena.

#94 Post by SilverHyena »

Sorry for taking so long to reply to you all! I meant to respond ages ago (as always).

@Ryuu: Thank you so much for your comment! I really appreciate you taking all the time to give me such in depth feedback on what you liked-- especially since English isn't your first language. I know how difficult that must be. I'll be sure to keep all of those things in mind as I keep on making games!

I actually chose to make my next game a GxG game since I'm not all that into GxG games. I was hoping that it would make me keep it short so I could focus on the more technical aspects of Ren'py. Unfortunately, I still got a bit carried away and it's longer than I was hoping it'd be. Still, I'm almost done. I just have to sit down and draw the cgs and then put it all together. After that I should be able to get back to making BxB games which are the ones I prefer too. ;) And you may also be pleased to learn that I am determined to add a gallery to the next one. It's one of the features I thought would have been really nice for Sacred Sand. That and music, but that's another thing. :P

@bakachocolate: Awwww! Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it that much! I like all of the endings in their own way, but the proposal one is definitely one of my favorites too. But yeah, I totally agree that it would have been fun to be able to kind of play matchmaker with the remaining characters. If I ever do something crazy and remake the game I'll keep that in mind as something to add. That won't happen anytime soon since I want to work on some other things first, but who knows? It could happen. And don't worry! I love BL so I'll make another BxB game down the line. (I'll probably get back to the BxB genre after the GxG one I'm working on)

@silverpikachu99: Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

@Lesleigh63: Haha, thank you! I hope you continue to enjoy it! There's a significant amount of new content to see on a second playthrough. After that though, not as much. Still, I'm glad people seem to be enjoying it enough to try for most of the endings. It really makes it worth all the work it was!

Near-05
Completed: Demon Add
Projects: Seven Deadly Sins (otome)

#95 Post by Near-05 »

I played this game a couple of months ago and finally made time to write the review, so here it is:

The story is cute, the characters nice (each has his own quirks) and the world great. I also liked the art, which looked simple, but very pretty. I loved the CGs as well and was kinda sad to see that there wasn't a gallery. I dunno if you updated one for the game, but if you ever plan on, it would definitely be a good idea since the art is very, very good. :3

Also, and I must say, I LOVE that the story takes place in a desert. You don't get that often so it was nice to get something different as a setting. Absolutely loved that. Also love the title. *-* Mysterious and desert-y.

I've only played it one time so far, but I will definitely play it again in the near future.

All in all, wonderful game!~

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#96 Post by Fenrir34 »

This game was so cute. I loved all the paths but Rhael's had to be my favorites. Aydin was so cute though. I loved how he protected Lorr. I think if this was an anime there would be a love triangle between Lorr, Aydin, and Rhael :mrgreen: . Anyway, good job. Hope to see more from you :)

kessel

#97 Post by kessel »

My first visual novel in Lemma, you have left me a very good impression of this place. I enjoyed Sacred Sand a lot even though it didn´t have any music (I know everyone is telling you this but music is elemental in a VN in my opinion).
I have yet to see all the endings in the story but overrall its a cute story :) keep up the good work

xxstrangesoulxx

#98 Post by xxstrangesoulxx »

Very nice game. This is probably the first BxB VN I've played, and it has left a good impression on me. I loved all the characters, but I love Aydin the most. I love characters like him. He's so devoted and in love with Lorr. I ship LorrxAydin so hard.

The art is nice. I liked the setting. People should make more games with the desert as the setting.

Tawwny

#99 Post by Tawwny »

I've been looking around for a good BxB game and I am so glad to have tried this one out because it is definitely good! :mrgreen: Haven't managed to get all the endings yet, having too much fun with the AydinxLorr ones I got~! They are just so cute together! I also like Rhael a lot too so he's next on my list of endings to find once I'm all done with my OTP of Aydin and Lorr :D

Story was good, definitely kept me hooked all the way through all the endings I've found thus far (About 4 right now). The art and CGs (that I've seen) were nice! And yeah, I really liked this! Great job ^^

SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)
Deviantart: http://silverhyena.d
itch: https://silverhyena.

#100 Post by SilverHyena »

@Near-05: Haha, yeah. A gallery would have definitely been nice. My programming was (and is still lousy) so it was a bit beyond me back then. I managed to make one for my new game though so if I ever do an updated version of Sacred Sand I will definitely include it. I like the idea of more games taking place in a desert too. You just don't see it too often. My brother made a good point about it though: deserts don't have as much going on as other places (like jungles and cities) so there's less interesting things to do with it level design wise. I still think it's worth the effort though. Anyway, thank you for your kind comments! I hope you enjoy the game many more times! :mrgreen:

@Fenrir34: Haha, yeah. I think it'd have to be a love triangle if they didn't want to take sides (if it was an anime). Thank you! I'm glad you liked them both.

@kessel: I'm honored and very glad that I didn't ruin vns for you. Hah. There are a lot of great freebies out there. I did include music in my 2nd vn. I don't know how well I incorporated it, but I did try so hopefully I'll only get better at it. Anyway, thank you and I hope you enjoy finding the rest of the endings.

@xxstrangesoulxx: Whoo! I'm glad I managed to leave a good impression for bxb vns. I hope to continue that with my future games. Thank you, and I totally agree. Desert settings haven't been explored as much as they should be!

@Tawwny: Thank you! I'm so glad you managed to enjoy it despite its many flaws! I have trouble picking between Aydin and Rhael. I enjoy them both and I'm happy that most people seem to like them both too (even if they have a definite favorite). Anyway, thanks again for giving it a shot!

pinkmouse
Regular
Projects: A renpy beginner - test projects only atm

#101 Post by pinkmouse »

Just downloaded "Sacred Sand" and have it open and working. I've barely started, so don't have any useful comments but couldn't wait any longer to squee and say thank you for making it!

Thanx again!

Edit:

My first ending was no.20, LorrxRhael. I guess I'm just a sucker for guys who drag me off into the desert. :lol:

Talking of deserts as settings -- well, sure there's less going on, but that's an advantage as well as a disadvantage, right? Less of an art burden, since the background is dunes rather than fiddly trees or buildings, and the paucity of locations means that it feels natural for the characters to revisit the same places rather than going to a new taverna or down to the riverside for a change as you might naturally do in a city. In games where the player has some freedom of movement this is even more significant from a design point of view. It can be a real PITA thinking up reasons why the player can't go visit the orangery, or the library, or the theater, or any one of a couple dozen places you may have mentioned as background to make the place seem real, but don't want to actually create.

I loved the story, and didn't mind the absence of background music at all. That decision kept the download fairly small, for which I'm grateful. Not all of us have phat BB connections, you know!

TLAOlt
Regular

#102 Post by TLAOlt »

Just finished and ended up "marrying" Aydin (Aidyn?). What can I say.... I'm a sucker for the strong, silent, devoted ones. I thought he was the best looking one there... aside from the general (but I didn't like him).

I think my favorite part of it was making up better lines for the Rhael/Lorr moments than the originals. Of course... mine were very crude, very snide and FAR from PG rated... "OTL

AAAAAAAAAHHHHH well.... it was still good. I honestly didn't mind the lack of sound! It let me create my own voices and tracks in my head! Out of all the VNs like this I've played.... I'd give it a 6 or 7/10. I'm trying not to include professional ones (like Yo-Jin-Bo) in there, but, even including them, you still get a 6. In other words: it wasn't exactly worth buying due to the lack of sound (and the moderate art quality), but I understand that that is due to this being a low budget, free game. If you ever decide to revamp it and make it commercial... it'd go up to 8 no problem and most certainly be purchase-worthy.

Thank you for so much effort!!
~TLA

kaiiryan

#103 Post by kaiiryan »

It's really cool! Thanks

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#104 Post by philip »

Very good story . . . I have been working my way through the various endings, and have so far gotten about half of them. Nicely done!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Chikibini

#105 Post by Chikibini »

Hi! Your game is one of the firsts games I have played since I began to go around the LSF. I'm quite new at it, so I'll just give you my feelings about your game. Thank you very much, I really apreciate your job.

I got some endings... Not many of them thought. I liked how simple the story was and it encoraged me to play again and again and see other endings. At first I was a little confused of how I could get to them, but it was ok after trying to get the ending with Merris. I also liked to know more about the culture of the ancient people of the sand, it was really interesting. I think you gave the characters life with their personalities and it convinced me that their love (or friendship) was real. It looked simple at first but it is a great game. :)

Are you doing any new one?