Looking for Free Concept Artists for Stat-Raising Otome

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Rozume
Veteran
Completed: Munster Academy, boy
Projects: Coming of Age VN
Organization: Cosmic Visual
IRC Nick: Rozume

Looking for Free Concept Artists for Stat-Raising Otome

#1 Post by Rozume »

++The Story
Romance is not in Clara Jones's vocabulary. In fact she balks at the idea of romance, finding it something only starry-eyed little girls want. Yet, for some reason, she is forced by her mother to spend her summer vacation in the resort town of Avorres, a place teeming with couples young and old whispering sweet nothings in each others' ears. With a week left in Avorres, Clara's more than ready to go home, but when she meets a young local working at a cafe she can't seem to get him out of her mind...

Hi there! I've made some progress with outlining and planning for my game and I'd like to work with a Concept Artist to help me with the art portion. I'm mainly looking for a Character Concept Artist and a Background Concept Artist. All styles are accepted. Take note that this is an Unpaid position, however I am willing to trade are for writing.

For the Character Concept Artist: You will be designing and developing characters based on their descriptions. There are 4 major characters, and a few minor characters. You will be designing their facial features, body shapes, hairstyles, clothing, etc.

For the Background Concept Art: You will be designing and developing backgrounds. You will explore shape language, architecture, environments, etc.

I am not looking for super polished super finished pieces of artwork, but art that explores an idea and concept. You can be as rough as you like. Furthermore, expect to revise your work as needed.

This position will last 6-8 weeks. It may last a little bit less or more depending on the speed of the artist and the needs of the writer.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Last edited by Rozume on Sat May 24, 2014 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

Re: Looking for Free Concept Artists for Stat-Raising Otome

#2 Post by Shinoki »

Most of the characters to be um, concept art-ed, are they guys?

Rozume
Veteran

#3 Post by Rozume »

@Shinoki

There are Four major characters: Two guys, and Two girls. Some minor characters involve two mothers, a group of three girls, two other guys, and a step-father.

Rozume
Veteran

#4 Post by Rozume »

I'm willing to do a skill trade, writing for art as well.

Lady-Cynic
Regular
Completed: Bobette: A KN that's horrible but at least complete
Projects: To Hell With Love: A G/G action game; Wendigo: A B/B horror game; Hannah's Humanity: A G/B KN about a girl making a choice; Counting Sheep: A mini RPG about a girl traveling with her sheep
Organization: Cynical Ghost Productions
IRC Nick: Lady-Cynic

#5 Post by Lady-Cynic »

What sort of architecture are we talking about here? Sorry for focusing on such a specific thing, I'm an architect student so you peaked my interest.

I wouldn't mind helping with background art; we're taught to draw a lot of concept art and revise it often in school, so it wouldn't be too hard for me.
Architect in training!
Cynical Ghost Productions
My commission thread.
BB's commission thread
My art thread~!
BButt's art thread
Help me go to college!
I prefer the pronouns xe, xem, xirself, etc., but what ever you use is cool with me.

Rozume
Veteran

#6 Post by Rozume »

Mostly modern European architecture. I'm looking for concept art of buildings, interior and exterior, such as shops, restaurants, hotels, museums, etc.

Lady-Cynic
Regular
Completed: Bobette: A KN that's horrible but at least complete
Projects: To Hell With Love: A G/G action game; Wendigo: A B/B horror game; Hannah's Humanity: A G/B KN about a girl making a choice; Counting Sheep: A mini RPG about a girl traveling with her sheep
Organization: Cynical Ghost Productions
IRC Nick: Lady-Cynic

#7 Post by Lady-Cynic »

I love European architecture~! *0* I'd love to help, so if you want to send me more specifics, just shoot PM.
Architect in training!
Cynical Ghost Productions
My commission thread.
BB's commission thread
My art thread~!
BButt's art thread
Help me go to college!
I prefer the pronouns xe, xem, xirself, etc., but what ever you use is cool with me.

Benesumi
Regular
Tumblr: Benesumi

#8 Post by Benesumi »

Hello! I'd be interested in the character concept artist position. Though I do have a part time job that hopefully won't slow down production. My deviant art is Otakumi by the way.