Victorian Olives Release [BoyxGirl][Kinetic][Voiced]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Boomsickle
Regular
Completed: Victorian Olives

Victorian Olives Release [BoyxGirl][Kinetic][Voiced]

#1 Post by Boomsickle »

WIP Thread :http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=19731
Victorian Olives is a Kinetic Novel taking place in an alternate Victorian setting. We focus in on two young adults as they enjoy their time lazing in a garden and what the out come of their meetings have on their lives. Please follow me as we discover who Victoria and Oliver are and what it is they are searching for. (Please allow around 30 minutes to fully enjoy the story voice acting and all.)

I would like to take this space to firstly apologize to everyone working on this little project of mine for taking so long to get it finished. After some small hiccups my motivation dropped for some time. I'm happy to post the finished product of your labor. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. If i ever take up the reigns to start a project such as this i hope i have as good people working with me as i did now and i promise to not take on another project unless i know i can see it through.
And lastly thank you all who have played and will play this little game. It means a lot to know that someone else will get to see this story unfold. (Thank you for understanding any mistakes i may have made.)
Have a great day.
Last edited by Boomsickle on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Steamgirl
Veteran
Completed: My Cup of Coffee, Queen at Arms (co-wrote a battle scene)
Projects: Stranded Hearts, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Deviantart: steamgirlgame

Re: Victorian Olives Release [BorxGirl][Kinetic][Voiced]

#2 Post by Steamgirl »

Eeee! So excited this is released! :)
Definitely going to read this after work!

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#3 Post by Caveat Lector »

When I tried to extract the Winzip file, I got an error message saying "Central and local directory mismatch for file "Victorian Olives-2.0-all/Victorian Olives.app/Contents/Info.plist" (general purpose flags - local: 0 hex central: 800 hex".
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Boomsickle
Regular

#4 Post by Boomsickle »

Caveat Lector wrote:When I tried to extract the Winzip file, I got an error message saying "Central and local directory mismatch for file "Victorian Olives-2.0-all/Victorian Olives.app/Contents/Info.plist" (general purpose flags - local: 0 hex central: 800 hex".
Not sure if it has anything to do with it but i zipped the folder using Winrar not WinZip. If any one else is having execution issues please let me know and I'll see what i can do. Gonna do some more research to find out how i can fix this as everything is fine on my end. (downloaded the file and everything works)

Steamgirl
Veteran
Completed: My Cup of Coffee, Queen at Arms (co-wrote a battle scene)
Projects: Stranded Hearts, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Deviantart: steamgirlgame

#5 Post by Steamgirl »

I had 55 errors unzipping the file using 7zip and once I was done it told me that the .exe was not a valid Win32 application. XD
I've never had trouble unzipping or unrarring anything with 7zip before.

Boomsickle
Regular

Re: Victorian Olives Release [BoyxGirl][Kinetic][Voiced]

#6 Post by Boomsickle »

I have uploaded the build for each separate OS in hopes that it works for everyone now. I cannot test Mac or Linux so feel free to message me or leave a comment here if it works or not. If it doesn't and any one has a better method of uploading or way to fix the issue send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#7 Post by Caveat Lector »

Now it unzipped much more smoothly! :)
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

StarMasayume
Regular

#8 Post by StarMasayume »

Awe that was really sweet :D
I really liked the victorian setting too. The voice acting made it a more enjoyable experience too (I just think volume should have been louder, kept adjusting my audio and the music softer.)

Nice job!

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#9 Post by KittyKatStar »

I've had my eye on this since the WIP thread since I loved the art, the Victorian setting and the premise. The voice acting was such a treat, so thanks for adding it. Jon and Tina did an excellent job.

It was an adorable and very sweet story, so thanks for releasing this project. If you tackle another project in the future you have my support. ^_^

sweet_me_oo

#10 Post by sweet_me_oo »

Sadly, the MAC version does not download for me. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

TypeScarlet

#11 Post by TypeScarlet »

Aww that was so sweet. I love the writing and voice acting! I've love to see more VNs from you!

Selwyn
Tumblr: charmysketches

#12 Post by Selwyn »

The voice acting was great, I particularly liked Victoria's voice actress. She was great at expressing emotion in her voice. I'm an freelance Illustrator that has dabbled with writing and a bit of voice acting in past projects, so this KN was very aesthetically appealing to me. I look forward to seeing your future projects. :)
I didn't have any trouble with the Mac ver. The only thing that was odd was how soft the dialogue was, I have to turn the music volume down really low in order to hear it, it wasn't that big of a deal though.

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by philip »

Downloaded this to my mac last evening; was too tired to play through it. Back to it early this morning, played through with no problems. A very nice and enjoyable story. Well done!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"