[Closed] :)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

[Closed] :)

#1 Post by Googaboga »

Update:
I will only be accepting applications until this Wednesday (the 28th). After that new applications can't be sent in, but people who have already applied can still change/update their applications.

Hi there :>,

I’ve got a little extra income and a little less free time right now so I’m looking for a scriptwriter to help me out on a project I’m working on. The position I am hoping to fill is temporary. The game spans one year and is broken up into four seasons. Right now I am looking for someone to script the events of the first season, spring. The reason I am only hiring for the spring season is because this game is a bit long so I think it’d be better to separate the work into smaller sections (also I haven’t planned the events that will happen in the other season yet). Right now I have summaries for most of the events that should happen during spring. The scriptwriter will take those summaries and write a scripted scene from them.

If possible I would like the same person to script all the spring events. I imagine it will take a couple months or so to complete the season. Please only apply if you believe you’ll be able to stay until the end.

The game will be free to play upon completion and all the funding for the project comes solely from me.

I have not settled on a name yet. However the game is set on the same island as my first project, Fortune Island: Interview (shortened to FI: Interview). So it will most likely be called "Fortune Island: <Interest Other Word/Phrase Here>". This game is very straightforward and does not much of an overarching story other than the MC wanting to make some new friends. It mainly focuses on character paths. The main character is female and all of the characters are adults.

Also because this project has the same setting and most of the same characters as my other project, much of the art/music assets from that game will be reused here. So many of those types of assets are already completed.

The full genre for the game is; friendship, slice-of-life, comedy, light drama, light fantasy. It will be rated E10+.

Estimated Word Count:
20,000-40,000 words. The final word count will be decided by the script writer.

Pay:
75$-100$*

And you will, of course, be credited in the game as a scriptwriter.

*If the final word count is noticeably less/more than the estimated word count the total pay will be less/more than 75$/100$.

Payment:
Payment will be sent through Paypal. 40$ upfront, the rest will be paid when ending word count is finalized.

Workload:

3,000-5,000 words per week. Negotiable. Can also be set as some amount of scenes per week rather than a set amount of words. If it is a particularly busy week then nothing will be required. But I must be informed before the end of the week that you can’t work on the script.

If work is consistently late with no properly given reason that will lower how much you are paid in the end.

Other than the word weekly word count there is some required reading in order to get an idea of the characters. You will only need to read as much as you think you need to get the characterization right.

Application:
I do not have many requirements for applying. Basically just include a writing sample(s) and any other info you think is important I know. I also ask you make it clear you know this job will last a couple months and that you believe you can stay for the entire time.

If you want to try your hand at writing for the characters in the game as part of your application I can send info about them in advanced.

Past VN experience is not required (but it is a plus).

Contact Method:
For questions, comments, or applications; post in this thread or PM me. After being hired PMs or email will be used to keep in touch.

Hiring Process:
This thread will remain open for a week and I will be accepting applications during the entire time the thread is open. If you send an application I will get back to you as soon as possible to let you know I’ve received/read your application. After that I may or may not get back to anyone again until I’ve decided who to hire (it depends on how many applications I get). If someone has a question/comment/concern I will reply as soon as I can.

If you’ve already applied you are still free to send more/updated info at any time, as long as the thread is still open.

Work Process:
Once hired I’ll first send details about the game/characters. Once the writer feels comfortable with the cast/setting we’ll begin scripting. 1-3 summaries will be sent at a time for the writer to work on. Depending on the agreed upon workload you may not have to complete all the scenes sent or you may have to receive another batch of scenes after the first batch is completed. Summaries of game events will be sent in chronological order starting with the very beginning of the game. If the writer does not want to work on a certain summary it can be put off, another summary will be sent in the meantime. Eventually all summaries will need to be scripted though.

At least once a week the writer should send a PM/email with what they’ve worked on (or a PM/email explaining that they weren’t able to work on anything that week if that is the case). I will go over what was written to make sure it is consistent with the characters. In some cases I may change the wording/add more to the conversations/rearrange it a bit, but in general there won’t be any large changes unless the characterization is off. After I’ve read through the scene(s) the words will be counted and added to the final word count total (any words I add won’t be counted towards the final word count).

What Happens at the End of the Season:
After spring has been entirely written/gone over there are three possibilities. The one we go with will most likely be decided by the writer.

-The writer resigns. In that case I may or may not reopen this thread and hire someone new. If I do reopen the position the terms could change depending on how things went with the first season.

-The writer chooses to retain their position. If we work well together and everything went nicely the writer will definitely be able to continue on with the project if he/she wants to. I will summarize the next season and when that is done I’ll contact the writer. We will then pick things up where we left off. Everything will work the same way they did with the previous season, or they will be adjusted to better suit our wants/needs. Any changes will be negotiated and agreed on before starting the next season.

-The writer retains their position and assists with the event planning. The writer stays on and instead of waiting for me to come up with the events that need to be scripted, we will work together to make them. The writer will have much more say in what happens and a bonus will be paid for the extra work. But the highest bonus is 30$ per season and getting the max bonus requires assisting with a large portion of the event planning. So this option is mainly for someone who wants to speed up the process and or have more creative freedom.

I think that’s everything. I’d tried to include enough detail so people know what to expect. Let me know if I did something wrong or left out something important :3.

Thanks for reading~
Last edited by Googaboga on Fri May 30, 2014 8:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Hiring Script Writer [Paid][OPEN]

#2 Post by Googaboga »

I made a small change to the part about how much reading is required. After I started putting together all the details on the characters, it turned out to be far longer than I remembered. So now you only need to read as much as you think you'll need rather than all of it.
In-Progress:
Released:

Broodelin
Regular
Completed: A Harder Battle
Projects: Too many to list

#3 Post by Broodelin »

I'm interested in this project. I'll send you a PM as soon as I am able. :)

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Googaboga »

Great. Thanks for your interest :3
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Googaboga »

Okay so I'm updating the thread to let people know that I will only be accepting more applications until this Wednesday (the 28th). After that new applications can't be sent in, but people who have already applied can still change/update their applications.

Thank you everyone who has applied so far C:.
In-Progress:
Released: