[closed] writer needed for yuri version of Nicole

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

[closed] writer needed for yuri version of Nicole

#1 Post by jack_norton »

I need a writer to write the "yuri" version of my game Nicole. I had hired two previous writers who failed me for a reason or another (don't want to get into details). This game was to be released quickly, and I'm already late by 6 months, so don't apply unless you're very committed.

Requirements:
1) must have played the original (otome) game. If you haven't you can download it here: http://www.winterwolves.com/nicole.htm
If interested I can provide the full script though, so you don't need to actually play it to the end. Is just to know better the existing characters and the story.
2) communication. I NEED WEEKLY UPDATES. If you fail to provide me an update each week, you're out. Normally I don't work like this, but I was forced to after being disappointed too much in the past.

What I need:
1) there are 4 dateable girls, each one with 11 scenes, so in total 44 scenes. There are 9 "normal scenes" and at the end a normal and a special romance ending with different CG (already done, so you'll have to work with existing art). The "romance progression" should be like in the otome.
2) As pacing, to have the game out in a decent timeframe, I'd say at least 2 scenes/week. Each scene can vary in length, usually they are from 2,000 up to 4,000 words each (but is more common 2-3k) and have at least a menu with two choices. I can show you otome game scenes as example.
2) Note that the yuri version is SEPARATE STORY, so players won't be able to romance both male/female at same time. There is the same main plot, the mystery/culprit is the same (will use same texts) and there are the same characters, however when playing the focus will be on the girls only. In this version, the boys should make appearances like the girls did in the otome (about one scene each one), but nothing more.
3) the girls are Chandra (Nicole's roommate), Bethany (working at the library), Kate (volleyball pro) and Miranda (working as PR in the discopub and looking to become a model). I have already personality outlines for each character, and some scenes written by previous writers that I liked, so I would like to keep them (can be changed of course).
4) all the art is done, in particular the CG images (2 of them needs to be colored but should be ready soon). So while you'll have freedom during the development of the story, you need to work with the existing art for the available locations and most importantly to describe the endings. For example if there's a scene in which Nicole gets proposed by Chandra in a restaurant, you need to write that, not that they went out for a trip on a boat at the sunset :D (obvious but want to be clear)

Send me a PM or even better email me at: Image
INCLUDE A PORTFOLIO / WRITING SAMPLES !

Pay can be discussed privately, depending on your experience, etc. Thanks!
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

KittyKatStar
Veteran

Re: [paid] writer needed for yuri version of Nicole

#2 Post by KittyKatStar »

Ah, it's not much (hope I'm not overstepping any boundaries), but I work for Jack, and it's really fun.

Anyone considering the position, I'll also be around to help. I'm familiar with Nicole, and the original Nicole writer will also be around as well (we're both working on Spirited Heart 2, hence the writer recruitment.) So if you're worried about working on an already established series, or how to handle the plot/characters, you won't be alone. ^^v

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by jack_norton »

Thanks ! You're very generous :)
Yes I can even provide suggestions about scenes if needed, so don't be scared :wink:
computer games

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#4 Post by Morhighan »

Your words are reassuring, so I've sent in an application. I hope you find someone who is a right fit. Maybe it'll be me, who knows? :D
Either way, good luck!

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by jack_norton »

Another thing that was raised by one of the applicants and I think need to clear: I'll have other people edit the texts as editor, so you don't need to double-check them for any typo/small grammar errors. Of course I can't ask people to write 4k-6k words a week and they must also be perfect :)
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by jack_norton »

I decided to hire Morhighan for this project, since the speed/pacing was very important. However I had other really interesting submissions so I might contact other people to discuss about other projects.
Mods can close the thread now :) thanks
computer games

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#7 Post by Ferdokki »

Can't the creator of the thread just add "[closed]" to the title?
I've only made 1 thread, but I wasn't moderating it, so I don't actually know if it works...