Found an Artist!! Thanks!!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
crestforte
Regular
Projects: SOS SAGA
Discord: crestforte#8245

Found an Artist!! Thanks!!

#1 Post by crestforte »

Currently taking a mini-hiatus from the SOS SAGA game in order to let my mind unwind from the stress. Deadlines do not help with your mental state. While I take a breather from the main game, I would like to work on a mini project.
winning a prize isn't always a good thing
JOBS AVAILABLE
All I'm really looking for is an artist to do sprites and CG work.
I can do the programming, GUI, backgrounds, and music.
It's to be a free-to-play game, so I can't offer too much money if any.
But I can try to work out something with anyone who is interested.
Just send me a note!!
THE SUMMARY
The day comes when you can pick up a copy of the dating sim you pre-ordered a year ago. You can't help the giddiness as you watch the box being slid across the counter toward you. Then the cashier proceeds to explain that there are 'four' special game boxes that contain a 'limited edition' DLC. He points to a shiny sticker on the box that explains it more.

Excitement was building, but you control the urge to open the box and head home. Inside your room, you slowly peel the seal off then pop the case open. Out falls a few sheets of paper that contained character information as well as directions on how to install.

Then you see it...

The winning card with the DLC code...
THE CAST
Aeron | Thief - At a young age, he was found abandoned in the alleyways of the city by the leader of the thieves guild. Thus he was raised and taught to be a rogue. Soon he is to take over the guild, but he wants to figure out where he came from first.

Marcs | Mage - Was a farm boy who loved to spend time out in the fields. Then a day came that he discovered he had the ability to use magic. Naturally by accident. He was sent off to the capital to study at the magic academy. When he hears rumors of a new magic, he wants to locate it.

Davis | Warrior - Coming from a bloodline of knights, he was destined to follow in his ancestors' footsteps. Until the day his father dishonored the king then disappeared. He didn't know what his father did and no one would explain it to him. Now he wants to seek out the truth which means finding his father.

Cray | Bard - He was born to a young priestess thus he was raised in the confides of the temple. At age eighteen, he was allowed to leave and find his own path. Being a very charismatic boy and having a love of music, he decided to take up the lute and travel the world. What does he want? Simple. Treasure and an adventure.
Last edited by crestforte on Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ishantrissi

Re: LF Spirit Artist for Fantasy VN GxB

#2 Post by ishantrissi »

You didn't mention how much of the script has been done... Does that mean you are writing it, that its finished or something else entirely...

Sorry, I'm just curious to know the projects status :)

crestforte
Regular

#3 Post by crestforte »

ishantrissi wrote:You didn't mention how much of the script has been done... Does that mean you are writing it, that its finished or something else entirely...

Sorry, I'm just curious to know the projects status :)
Just starting out, but I have everything already plotted out in storyboard form. It's easier for me to write if I know what the characters are to look like, so I'd like to have either some character sketches at least before I get down to actually writing out each chapter.

ishantrissi

#4 Post by ishantrissi »

That makes a lot of sense,

About the story, I assume that the mc is sent into a fantasy world via the dlc?

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#5 Post by Fungii »

So you're only looking for about 4 sprites, then? Or is it 5, if you're planning to use a side sprite?

crestforte
Regular

#6 Post by crestforte »

ishantrissi wrote:That makes a lot of sense,

About the story, I assume that the mc is sent into a fantasy world via the dlc?
Yep, that's pretty much how it's going to work. XD
So you're only looking for about 4 sprites, then? Or is it 5, if you're planning to use a side sprite?
Yeah, there would be four sprites and a side sprite for the MC that would just be a head shot.