Basiliska [Fantasy][KN]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

Re: Basiliska [Fantasy][KN]

#16 Post by clua »

Hello Everyone! Thank you so much for all your kind words, I was very eager to know what you all think about the game`s art :A:
I`m working on the extra screen menu! I hope I can have it for tomorrow early all done orz.
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Carrogath
Regular
Completed: Basiliska, Green Eyed Monster
Tumblr: carrogath

#17 Post by Carrogath »

Hey everyone! It's been a while. If anyone has any Basiliska-related art they'd like to share or would like to do some, please contact me ASAP. It'll be included in the extras along with the updated release of the VN.

Cafechan
Regular
Completed: algormortis
Projects: The Duenkhy, Lights on Stillwater Hill

#18 Post by Cafechan »

Yikes, I never gave my feedback on this after I finished it! I'm going to replay it once the update is released, but the long and short of it is that I loved it. I was so drawn in by the interesting characters. The art was lovely and very fitting for the story. Cecily was so unique and likable. I want to see more of her someday!

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

#19 Post by qirien »

Beautiful GUI, and the sprites were very expressive. I love how Cecily's expression of hiding something or annoyance is to smoke her pipe. :-D I was hoping for the story to go at a little quicker pace (some of the dialogue seemed to go around in circles over and over), and I am curious to know how things continue after the story ends, but overall I enjoyed it.
Finished games:

yuuyacchi

#20 Post by yuuyacchi »

Hello hello~ I've been a long-time lurker and I only recently made an account, but I have played this and I remember just being in total awe of the graphics. I really like all the subtle variations in the CGs. It makes the scenes just totally come to life. ^u^

Also, Cecily's outfits are just gorgeous. Double thumbs up!

And if you're still accepting guest art, I would totally love to make something for this awesome story.

Carrogath
Regular

#21 Post by Carrogath »

I'm really flattered that people are still playing this VN. Thanks for all the comments! :)

In regards to a sequel: I can't promise anything, but I have been toying around with an idea for a side story of sorts. It's nothing on the level of a fully-realized sequel, but you'd get to see Cecily and Thea again and one or two new characters as well.

In regards to the re-release: It's almost done! You'll see it sometime next week.

@yuuyacchi: I wasn't going to, but heck, if you can get your art to me by next week, I'll take it.

Carrogath
Regular

#22 Post by Carrogath »

Version 1.0 is out! The first post has been edited with the new links. It includes a few edits as well as a new extras section, so please check it out.

Also this is in it.

Bisha

#23 Post by Bisha »

wow the art is awesome >w< I HAVE TO PLAY THIS +w+

Angie
Regular

#24 Post by Angie »

I loved extras! The concept art is so beautiful... *cries in awe*

Also, all this lovely people who did art, wow! And I am also looking forward any kind of sequel/side story, like I want more... ~
(And the short story about the kitty-hood. Gosh. Amazing!)

I wish you luck with your future works and hope to see more!
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by philip »

This is a wonderful creation; in every way, from the story, the characters, the overall art; I found the whole experience to be very enjoyable. The interplay between Cecily and Thea was very interesting, although at times I wished that they would just be honest with each other and about each other. Very well done!

As some other posters have said, I wish there was more . . . or will be more. Guess I will bookmark the topic and hang around, hopefully.

I know I have already said it, but I will say it once more: I really, really liked this story!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Carrogath
Regular

#26 Post by Carrogath »

Hey again everyone! I dropped a few notes about this on Tumblr and on Twitter, but if anyone's missed it, I wrote a short follow-up Twine story for Basiliska called Drink. Virtually everything about it is a spoiler for the visual novel, so don't read it if you haven't read Basiliska yet.

The plot involves characters getting drunk, as the title suggests, and there are a few other elements in there that some people might find upsetting, but if you've read the original story, I don't think anything should come as a surprise.

If you do read it and would like to comment on it, I'd ask that you tweet me or send an ask on Tumblr rather than post here so that the thread stays on-topic.

Here's a direct link to the game.

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#27 Post by Lesleigh63 »

This was a lovely looking game with the artwork and GUI, probably what attracted me to it.
I started the game quite a few months ago, saved it and only came back to it now. Probably left it too long and should have started from the beginning again as I felt I was just getting into it again when I reached the end.
It was an enjoyable play. Thanks for your time in making it.

Kumiho
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress NaNo
Projects: The Thousandth Day

#28 Post by Kumiho »

I found this on a YuriJam thread, and I'm surprised it's so old! I can't believe I never saw this earlier.

The last scene did feel slightly rushed, but I think that was justified given the KN's brevity.

Your art is drop-dead gorgeous (and the CGs! There were so many, and each & every one of them was amazing), your GUI looked extremely professional, and the writing was perfect. The banters between Thea and Cecily/Iris were realistic and both humorous and poignant. Honestly, all I could think when the KN was over was, "???? But I need moreeeee???" I haven't read a VN so immersive in quite a while, and I am so, so glad I decided to pick this up.

I'll be reading Drink + your tumblr side stories as soon as I have the time. I'm really excited, although I'm still desperate for a spin off visual novel... with choices and multiple endings!

propanoll
Regular
Projects: Left of Center, Night at the Hospital, The Buried Moon, RA: Allegiance
Tumblr: propanoll
Deviantart: shotafied

#29 Post by propanoll »

Hello, I drew a Basiliska fanart because she's so pretty ^q^ Bye...

Image Image