In Miko We Trust - A Visual Novel [Touhou Fangame][Comedy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Roukanken

In Miko We Trust - A Visual Novel [Touhou Fangame][Comedy]

#1 Post by Roukanken »

GET IT HERE! (Size = about 85 megs, should run on all platforms)
Here's a mirror if the above link doesn't work

Oh god Rou what have you done
In Miko We Trust is a freeware fan VN, in which Miko Toyosatomimi takes the world of American politics by storm. Her Vice President is an ordinary, uninteresting high schooler who has no chance to steal her column inches - in other words, you. Traverse the pitfalls of politics and find adventure, danger, and maybe even...love?!

What the hell is in this thing
- Be the second in command of America (technically)!
- Serve with the most aggressive Secretary of Defense since the Bush administration!
- Get pestered repeatedly by the director of the CIA!
- Foil a wicked plot to overthrow the government!
- Three different endings (and one bad ending)!
- About 2-3 hours of playtime!
- Miko is the President what else do you want

Show me pics or I don't believe you

Wham! Bam! Thank you, ma'am!

Where did most of this stuff come from
Character art was taken straight from the Touhou games (Hopeless Masquerade and Ten Desires in particular)
Background art was from the wonders of GIS :V
Music is mostly from Kevin MacLeod with a few snippets from other sources.
I don't own anything other than the words so please don't hold me to anything other than that :P
Last edited by Roukanken on Fri May 30, 2014 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sleipnir56
Veteran
Completed: Under the Sycamore Tree,Timeless-D Gray Man VN(NanoRenO 2014)
Projects: Chocolate Kiss
Organization: SleiphericWings

Re: In Miko We Trust - A Visual Novel [Touhou Fangame][Comed

#2 Post by Sleipnir56 »

Just finished the game. Here are my thoughts

Story-I loved the story, You seemed to know what you were talking about when it came to America and the government. The only thing I would have liked to know more about what the bad guy we didn't get to see. She would've been a cool villain in my opinion to put in the story

Character-All the characters were very funny. I loved them all, especially Fuko. The main character was funny as well. He reminded me of how people our in this world

Sprites-The sprites were nice overall. The coloring on them were just a bit weird at times. Still, I grew to like how they were done and each character had their own unique feel to them

Writing-Writing was very good in this story. Though short, I can tell you put your time into making the writing sound excellent. It's what kept me reading on, along with the story of course.

Music-Loved the music. Fit the scenes and characters perfectly. Only thing I should say is that you need to quote who made the music. Sounds like it was done by Kevin Mcloud. His music is very popular on here, so please just credit him.

Overall-The game was fun and I laughed a good amount of times. Really enjoyed it. Hope to see more from you in the future :mrgreen:

Myon
itch: usarin

#3 Post by Myon »

I do play Touhou games too, so I got a bit interested with your game and decided to give a try. It was worth, though. ;)

The plot/story was really interesting. I like the way you could stay canon in a completely different story. The BGM fits really well, I also love how Kokoro's theme always played in the background when she was around~ The story was real short, but it was neatly written, and I really enjoyed it. The jokes sometimes made me laughed a lot, especially when it's involving Futo :D Too bad I didn't get a chance to see my Seiga, or atleast Hijiri ;_;

The only thing that bothered me was Tojiko's sprite. I know you might trying to use sprites that were used in the official games, but ZUN's drawing didn't match really well with Alphes' drawings, so she was like odd one out. :\
(I had some Tojiko sprites drawn in Alphes' style — I know they're fanmade, she also looks a bit paler, but if you're interested feel free to ask for it to me ._.)

Looking forward for more from you in the future ;D

Now, I somehow want to make one based on yours.. orz nevermind.

yumechan
Projects: Arcticus Somnia

#4 Post by yumechan »

ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ This looks fun! Downloading now~!
I've never played any of the Touhou games, but I like the idea of American politics (lol)(๑>ᴗ<๑)