Bumblebee Bakery GxB

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
the-penbemightier
Projects: Bumblebee Bakery

Bumblebee Bakery GxB

#1 Post by the-penbemightier »

The MC (Default name Vivian Bonnet) is a serious, no-nonsense type, aspiring baker. She's got a degree from France and she's returned home to open a bakery in a particular spot in her grandparents' town that she's had her eye on since childhood.

However the spot was also eyed by a buyer in a better position than her.

She reluctantly accepted her grandfather's help in acquiring the spot in exchange for a promise that he revealed to her in a few weeks time: to find employees within three days. Otherwise he would be sending his own picks to help her out.

She had planned to just have her and her two best friends help, but bound to this promise, she carries out the tedious task of holding job interviews.

She turns away almost every applicant (slamming a door in the face of one) except one. And then she blows that by running out when she sees an unexpected face.

The next morning she admits defeat only to find her interviewees at the door. Including the one that she had shooed away.

She learns the importance of trust and accepting help as she makes a fresh start with her bakery and coming to terms with her past.

Characters:

Aiden - Serious as her and clashes as they have similar personalities, and realize by observing each other that they both need to loosen up more. Very reserved and has problems interacting with customers because of this.

Junjie - The flirt who is after the female customers, but gets rejected quite a lot, and falls behind in his work from his fooling around. Is a complete "Mama's boy."

Dylan - A shota like character who messes up more often than not. But she isn't allowed to fire him, as that was one of her grandfather's conditions. She takes pity on him and admire his hard working spirit.

Matt - A patron who comes in to the bakery every day, and appears to be the new owner of the florist's shop next door, and has moved into the apartment above the shop. Strange that the florist had no intention of selling...and that he's never in the store. Talks to her with a cryptic smile that makes her and her friends suspicious of his true intentions.
matt last.png
Jack - Her childhood friend. Can be quite sarcastic and has a sharp tongue to match the MC's wit. She trusts only him and her other best friend Rena, but he argues that she doesn't believe in them enough to open up to them.

Oliver - Was a fellow student when she studied in university in Paris, and also a fellow apprentice when she studied under a master in France. Why he was here ready to work for her after months of no contact, she had absolutely no clue.

Writing Progress: Prologue Draft completed (just a bit polishing to do, it's actually quite long...)
Doing outlines at the moment

Art Progress: Sprites are being done at the moment, logo is completed.
Last edited by the-penbemightier on Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

borisoda
Regular

Re: A Little Bit of Sugar GxB

#2 Post by borisoda »

Sounds like it'll turn out to be a very cute game!

I like the variety in the characters. Looking forward to see them fleshed out.

Good luck!

the-penbemightier

Re: A Little Bit of Sugar GxB

#3 Post by the-penbemightier »

borisoda wrote:Sounds like it'll turn out to be a very cute game!

I like the variety in the characters. Looking forward to see them fleshed out.

Good luck!
Thank you very much! I've started working on it, and have already more or less finished a background! (That I'll post when I wake up).

Any one want to help me write on this? Might advertise again tomorrow.

Broodelin
Regular
Completed: A Harder Battle
Projects: Too many to list

Re: Bumblebee Bakery GxB

#4 Post by Broodelin »

I might be of help. I like the idea of the main character a lot. :)

the-penbemightier

#5 Post by the-penbemightier »

Broodelin wrote:I might be of help. I like the idea of the main character a lot. :)
Really? That would be awesome :D ! I'm trying to make a non-spineless MC character. Of course, she's going to get character development. Character development and cupcakes for everyone! I put a longer summary on a tumblr I've made for it

bumblebeebakery.tumblr.com

I would put it in a signature, but I want to create a nice little logo first.

Here is a background that's mostly finished.
store front again.jpg

peppermintdragon

#6 Post by peppermintdragon »

mmm sounds interesting , but it sounds like a otome game to me so far :O i would play it when it outs
My WIP project: Hallow Mystery.
Check it out!
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=26120

the-penbemightier

#7 Post by the-penbemightier »

Well it is an otome game :) Though I'm planning for there to be depth to the characters.

mopom13

#8 Post by mopom13 »

It's mod2... I found the bakery thread. Success?

the-penbemightier

#9 Post by the-penbemightier »

mopom13 wrote:It's mod2... I found the bakery thread. Success?
Well look who it is :D
Yes, you have. Well done! (Have fun finding the other one)

the-penbemightier

#10 Post by the-penbemightier »

I've finished one sprite! (well there will be touches, here or there) of many...

His name is Junjie, and he is a lighthearted, fun-loving flirt. He tries to act like he's cool, but in reality he is a complete mama's boy, and can never escape her. As much as he complains, he always listens to her.
Even though he seems happy all the time, he has something that's bothering him, that may lead him to take some risky choices.
junjie.png

the-penbemightier

#11 Post by the-penbemightier »

/Deleted
Last edited by the-penbemightier on Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#12 Post by sasquatchii »

This is really cute, i like the art & idea a lot!

At this point, I'm wondering what the goal of the game is? What is the MC's agenda? Does she want to have the best bakery in town or specialize in certain products? There are all sorts of possibilities as to how the story unfolds :)
ImageImage

the-penbemightier

#13 Post by the-penbemightier »

sasquatchii wrote:This is really cute, i like the art & idea a lot!

At this point, I'm wondering what the goal of the game is? What is the MC's agenda? Does she want to have the best bakery in town or specialize in certain products? There are all sorts of possibilities as to how the story unfolds :)
Thank you very much!

She does want to have a very successful bakery... and the rest you'll have to play and see.

Also, I think I've gotten a satisfactory logo done!
beelogo5.png

the-penbemightier

#14 Post by the-penbemightier »

New sprite done! Should I combine all of these posts into one?
dylan last.png

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#15 Post by Ran08 »

Yes, I think you should post the character sprites in the opening post. :) Also, I see that they already have names? Better update the OP as well.

As someone who loves baking, I find the plot quite interesting. I'm looking forward to a good story~

I noticed that Dylan and Matt look so much alike though. :o Is that in purpose or...?

Anyway, good luck on this cute game~