Patchwork Girl [Indefinite Hiatus]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Broodelin
Regular
Completed: A Harder Battle
Projects: Too many to list

Patchwork Girl [Indefinite Hiatus]

#1 Post by Broodelin »

Edit: This project is currently on indefinite hiatus. Please refer to this post for a few more details.
patchworkgirllogo.png
patchworkgirllogo.png (6.9 KiB) Viewed 2229 times
Patchwork Girl is a relatively small kinetic novel that centers around the friendship between two children - one of whom just so happens to be an experimental robot. Though they are eventually torn from each other, there's always a single thread that keeps them connected.

Characters:
EllieHappy.png
Ellie

Ellie is four-years-old (though she prefers to think of herself as "five minus one") and has a passion for exploring the natural world. She's always one for bringing something interesting (though not always pleasant) home to her parents but this time, it's not just beetles and butterflies...
PandoraNeutral.png
Dora

Dora's always been told by her caretakers that "socialization is the key to understanding" and even though she's only about three months old, she's dedicated to interacting with humans in any way that she can - which sometimes leads to trouble. She has a strange occupation with cutting her own hair and making her own clothes, something that's uneasily "overlooked" in the weekly progress reports by the scientists that monitor her.

Project Team:

Broodelin - project lead, concept creator, programmer, GUI designer, writer; not very important in the grand scheme of things
ColaCat - editor/writing consultant; way more helpful than she thinks she is
Angeliclily - character/CG artist; woah, just woah
Sigma - background artist; 2talented4me
FluffyRobotDog/Matthew - composer; officially A³ (all around awesome)

Estimated Playtime:

15~20 minutes

Questions, Comments, and Concerns:

- Since I'm not a professional (or even amateur) GUI designer, feedback on any work-in-progress interface screens (all you need is eyes!) would be greatly appreciated.
- Would you consider playing this game online, or would you prefer a download link for the final release?
- If you would like to play this game online, do you think it should be online only?
- Any questions, comments, or concerns of your own?
Last edited by Broodelin on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: Patchwork Girl [KN][Free][Friendship][Futuristic]

#2 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Boy, you're just full of ideas! :)

I would play this online or as a download. I have no preference. And this seems like a story that could make me cry . . . separated friends. But I'm looking forward to it!
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#3 Post by Fenrir34 »

This looks like a really nice game. I'm excited to see what it becomes. Good luck and hope it comes out soon :D

Broodelin
Regular

#4 Post by Broodelin »

Mad Harlequin wrote:Boy, you're just full of ideas! :)
I'm also full of blood, but don't tell anyone. ;)

Seriously though, I just need something to fill up my time between the release of Mrs. Macey and the corrections to Sunny South Seoul. I apparently can't function without something to work on...

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#5 Post by pickle131 »

I love short VN and this sounds super cute! I'll definitely check it out once it's done.
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

ColaCat
Veteran

#6 Post by ColaCat »

ColaCat - editor/writing consultant; way more helpful than she thinks she is
Aww, thanks. : ) You're making me blush again. :3

Also, I think you should release it online and available to download.

Sometimes when I want to play a game over and over having it on my hard drive is good.

But if you can't download it (for whatever reason), then being able to play it online as well is very helpful.

Plus that way it's more likely to reach a wider audience.

Broodelin
Regular

#7 Post by Broodelin »

Here's the story:

- Old computer was destroyed by relative
- Managed to get new computer and transferred over files
- New computer got fried during thunderstorm
- All my VN stuff (plus everything else) was on there since I wasn't expecting lightning to send a power surge through my entire neighborhood.
- All VN projects are currently on hold until I can save up again for another computer

Here's the good news about Patchwork Girl:

- Just about everything for this particular project is backed up online, so it won't take long to get back on track.