My Heart's Flame [Otome] [Commercial] [Demo]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

Re: My Heart's Flame [Otome] [Commercial]

#16 Post by Fenrir34 »

Kyra10 wrote:That's great! I'm glad you think so!
Right, it was for the whole story. Hmm, I can't really say how long it took me. I'm not really too good at remembering things. Please forgive my faulty memory. ^////^

Np :D and that's okay. I just wanted to ask because I'm trying to plan a game out better. Anyway, thanks for answering and good luck. Will defiantly buy and play it when it comes out :mrgreen:

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#17 Post by Kyra10 »

Thanks, I hope you'll enjoy it when it comes out!
I'm even more determined than ever now to do my best with this game~ ^o^

Kyra10
Regular

#18 Post by Kyra10 »

Some more CG and writing progress has been made! ^^
I should have enough of the script done for a demo by the time it reaches 25%~ ^u^

suzuaki
Regular
Completed: Violet White Hill

#19 Post by suzuaki »

this looks really amazing! i'm definitely looking forward for it ^ ^

btw, zen is my favorite ;)
(┓^ω^)┛))ヨイサヨイサ♪(┓^ω^)┛))

completed work : Violet White Hill [GxB/G VN][Mystery/Comedy/Romance/Voiced]
Find me on : devianArt | SoundCloud | YouTube

Angie
Regular

#20 Post by Angie »

Mmm, I really dig that story! Would love to play that...

Which characters are you most interested in?
It's a hard question, but probably... Jewel. Yeah. I really like how... relationship with people like her can develop. I believe there are many secrets behind that character...

Would you be interested in playing this VN?
I probably would (if I'll be able to afford it). Story really interests me, and the art is stunning.

What do you usually look for in an otome game?
Plot.
I really like detailed, nice-written stories, when it's something more than 'go get this guy'. I'm probably not making a justice, as most of otome's are something more than just that but playing some I kinda felt like getting a boyfriend is more important than plot.
So, plot all the way!

Plus, realism. I don't like unrealistic stories, or 'naive' ones, I guess... I grew up from that.

And, of course, character development.

What are your thoughts on romance? Do you have any preferences for your romances?

I could use some romance in my real life to be honest... *cough, cough* But, umm, I love all kinds of romances! I just have to make me giggle, melt and wish I was the main character!
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder

Kyra10
Regular

#21 Post by Kyra10 »

@suzuaki
Thank you! I'm glad you think so and are looking forward to it! ^u^
I see~ Haha, it's always interesting to see which characters people are most interested in. ^w^

@Angie
Thanks for checking out this thread and even more so for answering my questions!
I'm really glad you like the story and the art! ^_^
Plot, realism, and character development will definitely be important parts of the game. I like those things in an otome game too~
This game will surely be a sweet one. There's going to be lots of feelings and emotions. Haha, that's what I'm aiming for. ^v^

Thanks again you two! All of these supportive and helpful comments are very much appreciated. :D

Kyra10
Regular

#22 Post by Kyra10 »

I've finished the PV for My Heart's Flame!
This is my first time making a video, so I'm kind of nervous. I hope you guys enjoy it~ ^////^
You can find it on the official website, YouTube, or the first page of this thread. ^_^

Kyra10
Regular

#23 Post by Kyra10 »

The script for the demo is now complete! I need to edit a few things, but it's practically done!
Phew, I finished it just before my finals too~
My summer break will start about a week from now, so I'll have a lot more time to work on this game.
I'm also hoping to find an editor once my finals are done. :)

Kyra10
Regular

#24 Post by Kyra10 »

I'm now looking for an editor for My Heart's Flame. If anyone is interested, that'd be great!
This is a paid position. Just shoot me a pm with your rates, and we'll go from there. ^u^
On another note, here are some screenshots of the game. Most of the GUI is just a placeholder for now. ^^

Edit:
Oh, I forgot to add a few things earlier.
The game resolution will be 1280x720. The demo script is around 13,000+ words, and the full script will be around 50,000+ words.
Screenshot 1.PNG
Screenshot 2.PNG
Screenshot 3.PNG

cosmic latte
Projects: Notturno, Project Lovingly
Organization: Iridescence VNs

Re: My Heart's Flame [Otome] [Commercial] [Demo]

#25 Post by cosmic latte »

The demo's out!! \o/ Hurrah!

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#26 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Oh goodie! Will play when I can :)
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by philip »

@kyra10

Just downloaded the demo and played through it . . . a couple of times, to make various choices to see where they would take me. I enjoyed the demo very much, the art is nice, the story is engrossing, and there are few if any grammar errors. When the full game is available, I will certainly buy it (unless of course the price is a hundred bucks!) Keep up the good work, what you have done so far is great!

to answer your questions:

-Which characters are you most interested in? All of them . . . variety is the spice of life. They don't all have to be likeable to make an enjoyable story.

-Would you be interested in playing this VN? Yes, definitely.

-What do you usually look for in an otome game? As in all VN's, a good story with interesting relationships.

-What are your thoughts on romance? Do you have any preferences for your romances? I'm all in favor of romance in all its forms as long as it doesn't harm either partner in any way (minor heartbreaks don't count). Don't have a real preference.

-Any questions or comments? There are a couple of minor things; I find the large arrow-like cursor to be a bit annoying. It is so large, that if you are not careful to place the tip of it exactly on the item that you wish to select, you are likely to select something else. Also selecting a page containing the save doesn't work properly for me. When I filled up page 1, and tried to go to page 2, it skipped to page 3, and as much as I tried, I was not able to get back to page 2. In fact, when I restarted the game, I could not get to my loads on page 1.

Hope these comments are of some help to you.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Kyra10
Regular

#28 Post by Kyra10 »

@ cosmic latte
Haha! Yes, it is out indeed! ^u^

@ Hazel-Bun
Thanks, I hope you like it! ^v^

@ philip
Thanks for playing the demo! I'm really glad that you enjoyed it and are interested in playing the full game! I'll try my very best to make this game a great and worthwhile one~
Haha, a hundred bucks really is a steep price to pay, but no worries. This game will definitely be much cheaper than that. It'll most likely be $10-$15. :wink:
Oh my, I hope the cursor wasn't too much of a bother. ^^ Regarding the save pages, I'm not entirely sure what happened, but thank you for letting me know.
Thank you for answering my questions too. Your comments are certainly helpful and very much appreciated. :D

Update:
Well, there's only a few things that need to be finished now! Hurray!
As cosmic latte said, the demo is out! I'd also like to mention that cosmic latte is the editor for My Heart's Flame and did a great job editing the demo script~ ^_^
The GUI, music room, and CG gallery are not included in the demo but will be in the full game.
The GUI and the CGs have recently been completed, so the writing and the programming are the only things left to do besides testing and releasing the game.
School has started up again for me, and it is a good energy and time drainer. Though, I'll still work hard toward completing this game~ \(^_^)/

Kyra10
Regular

#29 Post by Kyra10 »

Hi, everyone! I'm really sorry about the lack of updates for such a long time! Life's been rough this past year ever since school started, and I haven't been able to work on the game as much as I wanted to. Since it's my summer vacation now, I've been able to work on the game a lot. I'm aiming to finish My Heart's Flame by the end of summer before I have to go back to school again. If not this summer, then it will be done by the end of 2015. I'm definitely sure about that! ^u^b
Regarding updates, I've posted some new screenshots of the game on the first page of this thread~

neuropsy
Regular
Projects: Emissary of Starlight
Tumblr: emissaryofstarlight

#30 Post by neuropsy »

I just played the demo, and here are my comments!

-Which characters are you most interested in?

Jewel. I originally thought she would be a snooty, pretentious character that'd be portrayed in a negative light, but I was proven wrong! Although forward, I can definitely see that she's a really good person and friend. As Googaboga mentioned earlier, I like how she's not the typical, highly abrasive rival you see in games. I hope she has a path.

Also, I really like Akabi's mom. She seems like such a kind, supportive person, and I hope she continues to make appearances.

-Would you be interested in playing this VN?

Yup! Based on what I've seen, I'd be interested.

-What do you usually look for in an otome game?

Ultimately, as long as I'm entertained, I'll keep playing. Something that I really appreciate in games would be realism. Also, what's most important is that characters are dynamic and round, breaking standard archetypes and what not. I love it when characters have good traits and bad traits, hobbies, insecurities, dreams for the future, fears, random mannerisms, etc., basically stuff that makes them seem like a real person more than just a bunch of pixels with words on the screen.

-What are your thoughts on romance? Do you have any preferences for your romances?

I normally prefer romance to be secondary to the plot, but I'm certainly fine with romance being the main point of the game, especially in otoge. My preferences for romances is that they build up realistically, and that characters display genuine chemistry with one another. I'm also big on healthy relationships between people. Other than that, I'm not too picky.

-Any questions or comments?

I honestly thought the beginning of her school life was banal, but as the plot progressed forward, I became significantly more engrossed with the plot and characters and found myself wanting to know more about what was going on as the true story began to unravel. There's a lot of unanswered questioned that would impel people to want to continue playing your game, so good job on that!

I totally understand how life gets rough around when school starts. Please do take care of your mental health before you take on the daunting task of completing your visual novel!
"Everyone was jumping a giant jump rope, but I was too scared to join. I was hesitant, like a child, always waiting for you."
Current Project: Emissary of Starlight