Alice and Cursed Wonderland (Otome,Mystery,Survival)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
LiveLoveWrite
Projects: Scattered Starlight, Alice and Cursed Wonderland

Alice and Cursed Wonderland (Otome,Mystery,Survival)

#1 Post by LiveLoveWrite »

When Alice is suddenly orphaned after a terrible accident that took away both of her parents' lives, she is taken in by her estranged older sister, who she finds difficult to get along with. One day, Alice experiences a terrible vision of a plagued world much unlike her own. Though she dubs it a dream, a lingering doubt stays in her mind. It doesn't take long for her suspicions to become a reality, however, when a strangely dressed boy suddenly shows up in her room to kidnap her to the world in her "dream"! Now stuck in Wonderland, Alice is given 3 months until her 18th birthday to break a dark curse laid upon the realm so she can return to her world...or failure will lead to her end.

Alice and Cursed Wonderland (ACW for short) is an otome game currently in development by Wildflower Games. The game features an open map system much like the one found in Queen of Darkness series, where player can choose to investigate different locations to trigger clues or other events. The goal of the game is to ensure Alice's survival by her birthday, and players may choose to do so either by breaking the curse on Wonderland or find an alternate way to return to her world. Depending on players' choice, different objectives will be given as hints to what the players must do to reach their goal.

The completed game will have (at the very minimum):
- 15+ endings
- 6 Romance-able characters
- 20+ CGs
- Complete plot-line that requires multiple playthroughs to unlock.

Characters:

Alice Riddell (17)-MC

Alice is a seemingly shy and reserved young lady, who's also very intelligent in a booksmart way. From a very young age, Alice has always preferred to be alone and has since distanced herself from the rest of the family. It also caused her to be picked on a lot at school. After the accident, Alice has taken the opportunity to drop out and attend online school instead to aquire her diploma. Deep down, she misses her family and regrets not being around her parents more when they were still alive. She tries to get along with Vanessa, but there has been very little progress so far.

Vanessa Riddell (26)

Alice's estranged sister who's been away from the family as long as Alice could remember. For unknown reasons, she suddenly reappeared to help Alice after their parents died. Rumor goes that she's a bit of a trouble-maker during her younger days, but she has since settled down after marrying a wealthy lawyer. Despite so, she still has a very outgoing personality, never want to miss out a good party if she can help it.

Ren Archer (16)

The easily agitated Ren comes from a family of soldiers. He was taught how to fight, and uses the knowledge every time he gets a chance. Ren harbors a deep hatred towards Alice and the curse, and will do just about anything to lift it. Harsh and proud, he works under the Queen and looks forward to the day when he can finally prove his family name.

Simon Crest (23)

An outcast for the most of his life, Simon a reclusive sorcerer working to find a permanent way to lift the curse. His family name has been either hated or revered by people of Wonderland, and to avoid any unnecessary attention, he often distances himself from others. It is said that the Queen and him are close friends, though he is still only allowed at the castle when he's absolutely needed.

Brandon Monroe (25)

Brandon is the head chef at the castle, heir to a long nobility line who serves the Queen. He comes off as a calm individual, though there are times when he becomes overly enthusiastic, such as on the topic of cooking. Brandon is the hot topic among female servants, though he seems to be oblivious when it comes to affections.

Vincent Leblanc (29)

A knight who once served the previous Queen, Vincent has since been the caretaker of the current Queen. Extremely loyal, he has gone through the length of crossdressing so he can serve as both a mother and father figure to the young ruler. Generally laid back, Vincent is known to be a notorious flirt. It is rare to see Vincent acting serious, though rumor describes it as a dreadful sight.

Troy and Trent Sherwood (19)

Troy and Trent live in the woods after being exiled from the city after causing havoc to it. Seemingly friendly, the twins possess a number of odd habits that any normal being would consider insane. The Sherwood family and Crest family are known to be in competition for decades. As a result, the twins consider Simon their archenemy and are working together to find a permanent way to end the curse before Simon does.

Queen (8)

Real name unknown, the young Queen has only recently obtained the throne after the previous Queen died as the result of the curse. Though very much a child at heart, she acts cold and distant, rarely trusting anyone even within the castle to deal with the burden of being a ruler.

Current Progress:
Script: 5 %
Sprites: 10%
CG: 0%
BG: 0%
GUI: 60%
Others: 0%

GUI preview (excuse all the fillers):

Credits:
LiveLoveWrite - Writer
Whimsical Conductor - Co-Writer
Tooaya - artist
briannavon - Programmer

We are promoting the WIP here to hopefully gain some initial interest for the game. Currently, we are working on a demo so we can put the project up on kickstarter for funding. The final scope of the game will depend on how much funding we get. For now, any comments and/or feedbacks are welcome. We'll keep this thread updated once in a while when we make any significant progress on it.

Before anyone asks, this game is going to be a commercial game. Its demo is slated to be completed within this year.

Tumblr: http://wildflowergames.tumblr.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wildflow ... 9098856392
Last edited by LiveLoveWrite on Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.

borisoda
Regular

Re: Alice and Cursed Wonderland (Otome,Mystery,Survival)

#2 Post by borisoda »

Wow the artist is Tooaya! No wonder the style looked familiar lol

They synopsis sounds interesting. Character designs (especially Ren) and the UI looks beautiful! I look forward to the demo.

Cafechan
Regular
Completed: algormortis
Projects: The Duenkhy, Lights on Stillwater Hill

#3 Post by Cafechan »

Wow, it's all looking very gorgeous! I'm impressed by the logo. The premise sounds promising as well! I love the queen's design, she's very cute = )

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#4 Post by Morhighan »

Love that logo. I'll be rooting for you! :D

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#5 Post by pickle131 »

Sorry for the weird comment, but I absolutely love Ren's outfit haha *u*
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

CatyCats
Regular

#6 Post by CatyCats »

Oh, Another alice in wonderland story!!! Love those!
I keep an eye on this! :D

riiko08
Regular
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko

#7 Post by riiko08 »

ooohh~ Another Alice in Wonderland story! (noticed that there are a lot of those recently)
That logo is absolutely stunning! And tooaya's art??? homg! I'm definitely going to watch out for more updates! XD

elu.yki

#8 Post by elu.yki »

Ehm, I think your meant http://wildflowergames.tumblr.com/ in your tumblr link, because as it is now, it takes you the login page ^^;;;;

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#9 Post by Kyra10 »

Wow, everything's looking beautiful!
I'm looking forward to playing the full game! ^^

Lu- Chan

#10 Post by Lu- Chan »

It really looks nice. ^^

I like the artwork and original ideas, also the difference to the original game.
I'm looking forward to the game!!

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#11 Post by Googaboga »

Beautiful designs and logo. I'm very interested in the survival element. I always love that in VNs C:
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

InvertMouse
Regular
Completed: Unhack
Organization: InvertMouse

#12 Post by InvertMouse »

The story's premise holds promise, the artwork is great and the costumes are nicely designed. I know very little about otome games and even I'm intrigued :)!

LiveLoveWrite

#13 Post by LiveLoveWrite »

pickle131 wrote:Sorry for the weird comment, but I absolutely love Ren's outfit haha *u*
Not weird at all, Ren's outfit is one of my favorite's tooaya did such an amazing job sketching it out.
elu.yki wrote:Ehm, I think your meant http://wildflowergames.tumblr.com/ in your tumblr link, because as it is now, it takes you the login page ^^;;;;
Ooops thank you for catching that the link is fixed now sorry.
Lu- Chan wrote:It really looks nice. ^^

I like the artwork and original ideas, also the difference to the original game.
I'm looking forward to the game!!
Thank you, I hope to make this game very different from what people normally expect. From the character art to the story it'll all be a new twist that'll leave everyone guessing on what happens next :)

Thank you everyone who commented and viewed this topic.

Alice's Sprite Update:

LiveLoveWrite

#14 Post by LiveLoveWrite »

Ren's Updated Sprite:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#15 Post by Googaboga »

Both the updated sprites look amazing C:.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices