Seeking Help for New, Free Unity3D VN Tool

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
invadererik
Projects: Unity3D VN Tool

Seeking Help for New, Free Unity3D VN Tool

#1 Post by invadererik »

Hi, this is the recruitment-focused branch of this thread: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 57&t=26838

While this one will focus more on recruiting a team to help make an example VN/game to showcase the tool, the other thread will be more about the tool itself and questions about it.

This is an example I just made using the tool really quickly. (All the art is borrowed from someplace or another. Sorry for lack of credits on everything; its just a simple test of the engine.)

Anyways, I'm looking for artists of all kinds to collaborate on a fun short story that will test the system and provide a good example while being an enjoyable little game.

People on the team:
Writers - broodelin + Ferdokki
Programmer - me(invadererik)
sound/music - katcmusic

People needed ( * most needed ):
Writers (The more the merrier!)
* 3d artists (modelers and/or animators)
* 2d artists (concept, sprite, animators )
Sound/Music composers
Programmers (This isn’t really needed because I think I have everything covered but you’re welcome to offer your help.)

Requirements:
* You will need to meet at least once a week with the team.
* You will have to be willing to give the work away for free when it is released along with the tool.
Last edited by invadererik on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

Re: Seeking Help for New, Free Unity3D VN Tool

#2 Post by Ferdokki »

Duuuuuuude, this is so awesome!!! 8)
If you really want more writers, I'd be happy to assist on the writing. =D
Could you give an example on what kind/how much writing you need? Will it be a specific genre or anything?

Also, when you say "meet at least once a week with the team", where do we meet up?

invadererik
Projects: Unity3D VN Tool

#3 Post by invadererik »

@Ferdokki "meet at least once a week with the team" : online of course = ] I doubt we are all in the same geographic location!
I've started a slack.com group and I expect we will meet there or on skype or google hangout if we prefer to speak rather than type, not sure what will work best.

About the amount of writing and genre, we are not settled on anything specific yet, we wanted to get a group together and have a brainstorm session first. However, I expect the story should not be too long, I don't want this to become a humongous project, just a fun light story that will serve as a great source for other people to see how the tool is used. I'd like to hopefully use all sorts of things that would make doing a VN in Unity cool/different, like having particle effects, lighting, animation, and whatever else we could come up with.

So if you want to join, send me a pm = ]

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#4 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Sounds like a wonderful idea :) browser based VNs all the way! Best of luck <3
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#5 Post by Ferdokki »

I'm not really used to "speaking hangouts" online, so I'd prefer typing, but that's just me.
Anywho, if you still need a writer, I'm interested. =)