Letters From An Angel(GxB,Tragedy,High School,Mature)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

Letters From An Angel(GxB,Tragedy,High School,Mature)

#1 Post by Fenrir34 »

Logo by IIStarCandy(Thank you so much!)
Update:June 7, 2014-Just here to share some sketches of Kaiji. I think we've decided what he's going to look like for the most part, but you guys could say which you like the most.

Plot-Rena is in her own little world. She does what she wants, believes in what matters to her the most, and doesn't go into the trends of everyday life. Some can consider her a happy girl, which she is. However, behind that smile lies a girl with many secrets of a past best left forgotten. But forgetting such things isn't easy, and she could spiral back into her depressive state at any moment. Luckily, Rena has a special person who she has been writing to for over the past few years, and always gives her encouraging words to live and keep moving forward. Now a senior, she has made it her goal to try and find her sender in order to thank them for helping her survive high school. But when she learns of the possible candidates, Rena's life will spiral back into a whole new world of drama.

Characters

Rena-Our Mc who has a drive to keep moving forward. Rena is a tomboyish girl, who has a love for anime, music, writing, and food. She is not afraid to speak her mind, and will always do what she believes is right. Due to her sincere nature, Rena has the possibility of making many friends, but frays away from that in fear of something bad happening. Rena is also, at times, forgetful about things, which gets her in trouble with school. Though a happy, yet very weird, person, Rena still has lingering depression. If it wasn't for her sister and the secret letters she receives, Rena would've broken a long time ago. Is also a bit of a slacker.
-His head shots
-Kaiji with glasses. We can't choose one, so we need some help
Go here to vote for him- http://zephyrgames.wordpress.com/2014/0 ... ncept-art/

Kaiji-The relatively new student, and comes from a foreign land. Kaiji is a quiet guy, who doesn't like to be bothered much. Still, he is a gentleman and always gives a kind word to those who seem to be down. Though somewhat of a loner, Kaiji is quite popular in school because of his mysterious nature and how he is mature compared to the average boy. Kaiji though, doesn't hang around many, with the exception of Rena, who he can't help but like because of how different she is. His family is not known around town either, and only his butler has been seen at his house, which has prompted many to wonder if he's been kidnapped. Kaiji also has a fear of sugar due to the fact that if he has just a little, he will turn rather hyper. Kaiji is as well naive due to the fact that he's not a native of Japan, and doesn't get much of the modern technology. Additionally, Kaiji is getting into the world of the Otaku's, and is slowly falling in love with anime, which is mainly Rena's fault. Has a bad habit of daydreaming at random moments as well.

Hideki- Jokester of high school. Hideki enjoys anything that has to do with pulling pranks on his piers, or trying to scare people. He has a deep love for horror movies as well, and longs to make a series of them when he's older. Since he was little, Hideki has always made fun of Rena and her weird ways, often annoying her every chance he gets. Also being very lazy, Hideki loves ditching school whenever he can get away from his teachers. Still, he is a well meaning guy and just loves to have fun. When not watching horror movies, or planning his next joke, Hideki can be found singing to himself, which he hides from everyone except from his dad. Is also a bit superstitious.

Tohru-A romantic who has a deep obsession with the word 'love'. A a weirdo by nature, Tohru enjoys knowing everything dramatic that goes on in school, especially if it has to do with furthering his ambition with finishing his romance novel. Despite his rather perverted nature and eccentric attitude, Tohru is popular with girls due to the fact that he knows how to woo them. But that doesn't make him a bad guy. In fact, he's technically never dated before in his life in fear that he would break hearts. Tohru is also very insightful about the world around him, and knows most of the events in school. Though he likes many girls, Tohru seems to have frustration with Rena and her views on romance. This has made him a bit skeptical about being around her as well. When not going girl crazy, or writing his book, Tohru will usually be helping his dad with his latest invention, or helping sick animals with his mother.

Concept Art of Hiro(by Sigma)
Hiro-A college student who spends his time working at the cafe. He is friends with Rena and Minori, being one of the few that know of their past. Hiro is a mature and kind fellow, who enjoys giving advice to the many the come to visit him. Though not one to get angry often, Hiro does have a deep hate when people make fun of his height or don't take him seriously. In fact, it causes him to lose some of his maturity. When not working at the cafe, Hiro can be found taking pictures of anything that captures his eye. He is also a bit on the clumsy side and always causes messes when working. Is also afraid of fire due to past events.

Croix-Younger brother of Hiro. Unlike his brother, Croix isn't into working or school, but rather enjoying the freedom of life. Due to his temper and violent nature, he is always pursued by the law. Since he was a kid, Croix has known the art of fighting and has become very skilled with it. Though he tries to only use it for self defensive, he will not hesitate to fight anyone who crosses him.

Sage-Half brother of Tohru. He comes to the school in the middle of the year and seems to have an interest in Tohru and his life. Sage comes off as a kind and friendly guy, only wanting to help those in need. But even with such a calm smile, don't let his innocent looks full you.

Naru-Head of the discipline comity. Naru is a no nonsense girl, and wants to keep the school in order. She has a rather bad relationship with Rena and her 'rebel' attitude, which Rena says is just her being herself. Though serious and a bit hardy, Naru does have a secret obsession for cute things, especially rabbits.

Minori-Rena's older sister and caretaker after their parents died. Unlike Rena, Minori is a busty woman who knows what she wants to do with her life. Yet, despite being so attractive, Minori doesn't seem to have a good love life. Every guy she has has either dumped or cheated on her. It's because of this that's she's a hopeless romantic and always watches soap operas. Though she will flirt with younger guys, Minori has feelings for Hiro. Often calls him 'Prince Puppy', which has become a popular name for him in town.
Staff
Story By-Fenrir34
Writer-Fenrir34,Sigma,?(Might have others)
Sprite Artist-Sigma(Thank you so much :mrgreen: )
Programmer-Fenrir34

Current Progress:
Arts:
BG:80%
CG:0%
Sprites:1%
GUI:0%

Writing:
Story:40%%
Prologue:10%
Script&Paths:
Kaiji:0%
Hideki:0%
Tohru:0%
Hiro:0%
Sage:0%
Special Character:0%

Music: 0%
Programming:
Coding: 3%
An-Never thought I'd go back to this game. I really was on the verge of scrapping it due to the writing,characters, and lack of motivation. But that's changed now thanks to Sigma, who is also my sprite artist. She has motivated me to write this game, and has helped me make the sprites unique. So, I'm very grateful to her :) . Anyway, I know this game was seen before, but I wanted to start over. Things are in the works and are becoming more alive. I'm hoping to get three of the sprites for the main guys (Kaiji,Tohru,and Hideki) done before the end of June, but that's if Sigma can handle it. I won't force her.

The game is free, for now, but it really depends on how things go. I really want it to be free, but you never know what will happened. At the moment I'm thinking of maybe getting another writer. Sigma says she'll help me with a path, and I'll just bet that it will be Hiro :) (She really likes him).

As of now, I'd like to know what people think on the guys. I'm still a bit weary of them, so I need opinions. I personally think they're much better because Sigma had helped me with them a lot these past days.

Anyway, here are my questions for you all

Do you like the idea?

Do you like the characters

If so, who do you like the most?

Do you like the art?

What feedback do you have?
Also, please support my blog
Last edited by Fenrir34 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 8 times in total.

PennJones
Projects: Hellbound
Tumblr: nbshep

Re: Letters From An Angel(GxB,Otome,Tragedy)Feedback Needed

#2 Post by PennJones »

To answer your questions:
I think the idea seems fine. I usually stick to fantasy themed otomes, so I can't judge it very well. It seems a bit different from the slice-of-life games I've played.
I do like the characters. I think that Kaiji, Hiro, and Tohru seem non-generic(which is very good, as most character personalities have been used ten times over in dating simulators) and fairly interesting. Personally, I like Tohru the most.
And as for the art, well, I can't really say. The sketch of Hiro's definitely cute, though.

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Fenrir34 »

PennJones wrote:To answer your questions:
I think the idea seems fine. I usually stick to fantasy themed otomes, so I can't judge it very well. It seems a bit different from the slice-of-life games I've played.
I do like the characters. I think that Kaiji, Hiro, and Tohru seem non-generic(which is very good, as most character personalities have been used ten times over in dating simulators) and fairly interesting. Personally, I like Tohru the most.
And as for the art, well, I can't really say. The sketch of Hiro's definitely cute, though.

Thank you so much for the feedback. I'm glad you like the personalities. They were hard to do, but Sigma really helped me out there. As for the art of Hiro, happy you think he's cute because he's suppose to be. I'm hoping to get more feedback as well from others, so I know if things are okay

spitfireandsugar13

#4 Post by spitfireandsugar13 »

Oh my God, this game looks amazing!!!! i can't wait to play it!!!
1. i love the idea, it seems super original, which is great!!!
2. the characters are what i like most!! the descriptions are so detailed, and i can tell the stories will be so intricate and awesome!!!
3. Croix or Hideki... (just 'cuz i looooove tsundere <3 >~<)
4. i can't really tell with the art yet, but hiro's sketch is adorable!
Feedback: please keep this free!! it's such an amazing game. please continue to work hard, and i personally will be supporting you and waiting with baited breath for this to be released. checking in everyday for progress! :)

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Fenrir34 »

spitfireandsugar13 wrote:Oh my God, this game looks amazing!!!! i can't wait to play it!!!
1. i love the idea, it seems super original, which is great!!!
2. the characters are what i like most!! the descriptions are so detailed, and i can tell the stories will be so intricate and awesome!!!
3. Croix or Hideki... (just 'cuz i looooove tsundere <3 >~<)
4. i can't really tell with the art yet, but hiro's sketch is adorable!
Feedback: please keep this free!! it's such an amazing game. please continue to work hard, and i personally will be supporting you and waiting with baited breath for this to be released. checking in everyday for progress! :)

Thank you so much for the support :).

1.Thank you. I know the title is generic, but it really suits the theme of the game. Really happy that you you think it's original.

2.Once again, thank you. They were the hardest to do. I got a lot of help from Sigma. She really knew her stuff about characters. Might make a few changes later, but they are overall 'done'.

3.I hope they aren't both too tsundere. Those are popular in games, but I try to only have at least one. Glad you like them though :mrgreen: .

4-Done by Sigma. He's suppose to be cute, so I'm happy that people are seeing that. She did a great job with him

5-Thank you so much for the support. It's free, for now. I'm not one to sell games because I just like making them. But this might turn out bigger then I though(but probably not since it is quite simple).

Sigma
Projects: Flowers of Vanrie

Re: Letters From An Angel(GxB,Tragedy,High School,Mature)

#6 Post by Sigma »

>///< Awh! You're too much, Fenrir! Stop making me blush! You did most of the work

Haha. But hopefully I'll get most of the sprites with their flat colors in! Hehehe... sorry for all the sketch work! More solid stuff for you guys to look at will be coming in shortly.

Keep up with the good work, Fenrir! (HiroFan4Lyfe, yo!) I need super cute cuties with adorable cowlick >_< Kya!

Btw, make sure to back up everything! Just in case!

Sora-Kuroi
Regular

#7 Post by Sora-Kuroi »

The plot looks interesting and the art is amazing!
My favorite character so far is Kaiji! >w< he looks like the tsundere character hehehe

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

#8 Post by wyverngem »

This game feels like it'll have a really refreshing story compared to the other's I've read recently. I really like the premise and think it's a good start. As for your questions, sure I have a few answers.

Do you like the idea?
Yes, it a story that can go many ways and be told in different styles.

Do you like the characters?
Honestly, I think they're a good start. I especially like Tohru's description, but hope he isn't over the top perverted attitude.

The story sounds interesting, letters sent over the years, and the mystery of finding who's been sending them or even if it depends on the route (of who was) I'd like to see the characters reaction to each one.

Do you like the art?
Yes, upload some colored art later. Unless you plan the whole game to be black and white.

It's a good start. I hope you finish the project and have fun. :D

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Fenrir34 »

Sigma wrote:>///< Awh! You're too much, Fenrir! Stop making me blush! You did most of the work

Haha. But hopefully I'll get most of the sprites with their flat colors in! Hehehe... sorry for all the sketch work! More solid stuff for you guys to look at will be coming in shortly.

Keep up with the good work, Fenrir! (HiroFan4Lyfe, yo!) I need super cute cuties with adorable cowlick >_< Kya!

Btw, make sure to back up everything! Just in case!

No, you really helped me out with them. Glad you got your plug back though, and thanks so much for the encouragement. And yes, he's so adorable XD

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Fenrir34 »

Sora-Kuroi wrote:The plot looks interesting and the art is amazing!
My favorite character so far is Kaiji! >w< he looks like the tsundere character hehehe
Thanks for the comment. I like Kaiji to. Sigma did a really good job with him. And thanks about the plot to. I was worried about that a bit :)

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Fenrir34 »

wyverngem wrote:This game feels like it'll have a really refreshing story compared to the other's I've read recently. I really like the premise and think it's a good start. As for your questions, sure I have a few answers.

Do you like the idea?
Yes, it a story that can go many ways and be told in different styles.

Do you like the characters?
Honestly, I think they're a good start. I especially like Tohru's description, but hope he isn't over the top perverted attitude.

The story sounds interesting, letters sent over the years, and the mystery of finding who's been sending them or even if it depends on the route (of who was) I'd like to see the characters reaction to each one.

Do you like the art?
Yes, upload some colored art later. Unless you plan the whole game to be black and white.

It's a good start. I hope you finish the project and have fun. :D

Thank you so much. I thought the plot would be boring, so I was a bit worried about it. I like the title, but it feels a but too telly.

1-Thanks, and it will be. I think the game might be a bit more mature though then I thought

2-Thanks Sigma helped me out with them a lot, and we spent about a week trying to get a good idea of them down. And he won't be. I promise XD

3-That's going to be one of the hardest parts of this; deciding on the gameplay. I'm still thinking if people should choose who they want, or make a prologue that depends on their choices about who they get

4-We will. Just needed to decide on what they will look like. I won't post an update till one of them has some color.

5-Thanks again. This really helps me because it shows me what's good and what I might need to work on. So thanks again :mrgreen:

rumili-a

#12 Post by rumili-a »

This looks very interessing, good luck with it :D I will 100% suppport you!
If i could recommend something, then it would be anatomic changes of the art maybe? (hope it doesn't sounds rude because that's not my intention >.<)

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Fenrir34 »

rumili-a wrote:This looks very interessing, good luck with it :D I will 100% suppport you!
If i could recommend something, then it would be anatomic changes of the art maybe? (hope it doesn't sounds rude because that's not my intention >.<)

Sorry for the late reply. This game is on temporary hiatus due to some um...lack of motivation. We've kind of went to something else for now, but will stick with this. I'm super grateful for you thoughts though, and I'll keep this in mind when we redo this. Thank again :mrgreen: