Tales of Lemma 2 Suggestion

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
LiX
Regular

Tales of Lemma 2 Suggestion

#1 Post by LiX »

In Tales of Lemma 2 can you have a really cute geeky girl for geeks like me? It would be awsome playing a game chatting up some one that had something in common with me.

A few things that would make an awsome personality for her:

- She finds geeky jokes funny, that only computer geeks usually find funny.
- She likes to learn codes like binary and hex. (I know my 01100001, 01100010, 01100011's!!)
- She is hot, very hot, but still a smark geek inside.
- She knows C++.
- Her bedroom is unorganised and contains a computer, lots of programming books, on her monitor is Dev C++ with some random project. (could be a subject braught up in the game "*looks towards computer* What are you working on?")

That would be awsome.

Grey
Veteran

#2 Post by Grey »

Saaa...have you actually read the ToL2 page on the site?

It states the premise of the game ie a Reality TV show, all the girls who will be in it, and that it is already 72% done...

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#3 Post by Sai »

If you know how to program you could always make a game with such a character in yourself. If one isn't available, make it available. Hehe.

You'd just need to request some help in the artwork and maybe music department.

LiX
Regular

#4 Post by LiX »

Ok, I have started work on my fan game called "Tales of Lemma T1" I hope Lemma dosent mind, I will credit him etc.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#5 Post by mikey »

Sai wrote:If you know how to program you could always make a game with such a character in yourself. If one isn't available, make it available. Hehe.
Well, for geeks, there's always Alice... http://alice.pandorabots.com/
LiX wrote:Ok, I have started work on my fan game called "Tales of Lemma T1" I hope Lemma dosent mind, I will credit him etc.
A fan-game from a fan-game? An honor for Blue Lemma! :P
I'd ask first though...

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#6 Post by Blue Lemma »

I'm honored :oops: :D
If you're going to make your own game, though, why not start your own mini-series? If you can follow through making a game, you deserve all the credit to yourself, right? :wink: Besides, I wouldn't want there to be any confusion about who made what when people talk about the games. So go forward with your ideas and blaze a new ren'ai trail! If you have the dedication, I'm sure you can do it. 8)

And if you don't, I'll keep the cyberbabe idea in mind :wink: I bet we'll be seeing at least a couple since people have been working on games for a while now!

I use too many smilies... :shock:

LiX
Regular

#7 Post by LiX »

Awsome ok :D Its going to be a text based game, its really going to kick ass.

Random

#8 Post by Random »

Yar, go for it but don't be like the million others who dream up a great scheme then never get around to finishing it. Start small and work your way up.

LiX
Regular

#9 Post by LiX »

Its finished, all I have to do now is wait for my beta tester to finish bug testing then I will release it. :P

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#10 Post by mikey »

LiX wrote:Its finished, all I have to do now is wait for my beta tester to finish bug testing then I will release it. :P
Did he... was that... OMG, a game in 1 day?! :P

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#11 Post by papillon »

Well, it's not that hard, if the game consists of:

You are in a room.
You see Hot Girl here.

> kiss girl

You win!

RedSlash
Veteran

#12 Post by RedSlash »

I think not having to do the art speeds things up by alot. But writing (and getting ideas) takes time too. 1 day... will be interested to see what its like.

Random

#13 Post by Random »

Well i'm assuming it is a lot easier without art because,most artists aren't programmers and vice versa. So most programmers will find an experienced artist to help them out unfortunately due to multiple people on the staff there may be problems such as conflicting schedules or a lack of progress on either half.

To put it simply, a text based game is easier to make due to a programmer can just cram for a few hours and churn one out. Whereas a game with graphics the programmer has to explain the story and pictures needed to the artist, the artist has to draw the pictures then resend it to the programmer. Then the programmer has to look over the pictures and ask for changes if necessary then code them into the game. Depending upon schedules this could take a long time.

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#14 Post by Sai »

Random wrote:To put it simply, a text based game is easier to make due to a programmer can just cram for a few hours and churn one out.
(speaking generally)
However as these games aren't action-based, dialogue and story are pretty important (a lot say it's the most important aspect).
Code is generic and can be "churned" easily, but story must be unique and I think that can't be "churned". Especially with getting the dialogue right and making sure the characters have a personality. Writing can be a difficult task in itself.
Options and paths is also something that needs to be considered, making sure they're relevant to the story and so on.
I agree it's much quicker than having artwork involved (although not to say quicker always means better) though.
(this isn't directed at LiX because I pass no judgement on a game I have not had the piviliedge to play yet, I'm just stating a general opinion that story isn't so easy)

I wish writing were that easy though...then maybe I'd of finished my manga story I've had rattling around for something like 4 years.... O_o

LiX
Regular

#15 Post by LiX »

Hey guys. :D

Random's post is right. Coulden't have put it better myself. :P

I tried hard on this game and I hope you like it. I think I did a good job.

I have done my best to make the writing come alive, using colours and such. But as you would expect you need a little imagination to turn the descriptions into pictures in your mind.

The begining selection was heavily influenced by Tales of Lemma 1 but the rest is diffrent, I thank Blue Lemma for the inspiration. :)

There are of course, like Tales of Lemma, multiple endings (though mine only has four, Tales of Lemma 1 has about six from what I hear :P).

Who is cami?
Cami is a girl that is into computers in a big way, she is seventeen and spends long hours infront of her computer.

Anyway, sorry I didn't release it yesterday I was a little busy programming the Cami Tamagotchi. (this wont be finished for at least another week).

To download The Legend Of Cami go to the official site:
http://www.tejika.com/cami

I will be puting up a proper site soon.

P.S
Don't think that this was easy, sure it was 'easier' using text but damn colouring the text version of cami sure took up some time. Then there was the storyline, im not much of a writer so I had to dream my perfect girlfriend (that is cami of course) then there where a few programming problems nothing I couldent resolve though. :P