Deadly Heart Needs People Again!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Juneberry
Regular
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Deadly Heart

Deadly Heart Needs People Again!

#1 Post by Juneberry »

I once recruited before, but some things have happened and a lot of people who were going to help me/were helping me with this project seem to have disappeared. So, with the few of us remaining (and joining) the project, I need to ask for some lovely people here on Lemma to help with Deadly Heart!

In case you don't know/forgot about the project, Deadly Heart is a Fantasy/Supernatural VN with quasi-horroresque bits to it, and a definite romantic section. The player will be given the opportunity to choose from one of four characters to see their different viewpoints of the same general story, and the choices the character makes, while not branching the story overall, will affect the ending.

Basic Plot
Aiyora is half demon and half angel, living in a world where Angels, Demons and Humans all reside. After being outcast and exiled from her home with the demons, she was eventually cursed by a witch with a plant called the Deadly Heart residing in her body. The Deadly Heart grows thorns from her when she sleeps and its fruits are said to carry a special power. Most don't know, but that power is to kill her- and so Aiyora and her two familiars, Maika and Serbon, search endlessly to find a cure. Once they meet Ison, a man who seems oddly interested, the curse's mystery will slowly be revealed.

Characters
Aiyora: The half-demon/half-angel cursed with the Deadly Heart. A generally kind, friendly girl who has a bit of a motherly air to her.

Maika: An overly hyper, spirited girl who remains loyal to Aiyora no matter what the issue that arises. She's spoiled and loves to be praised, but means well despite her childish nature.

Serbon: Acting as Aiyora's protector, Serbon is Maika's brother and another familiar loyal to Aiyora by far. He's very strict with rules.

Ison: A cold man in some ways, but meaning well in others, Ison is a bounty hunter of sorts, and ended up joining Aiyora and her friends during the later part of the story.

Kobachi: The witch that cursed Aiyora- who may or may not realize just what she's done.

Staff and Recruiting
While at one point all positions were full, there's currently been no contact with some of the people on staff working with us. The definitive people currently part of the project are myself (Writer), Sakura Hughes (Writer and a sort of manager too~), and Cosmic Latte (who has kindly offered to help with sprite art!). If you are interested in what positions are still needed but are only comfortable working in a pair with someone specific, please let me know...Because I don't mind pairs working together on things. Basically, just be interested.

What positions are needed are as follows:
-Programmer
-Background Artist
-GUI Designer
-Music Composer
And...Possibly an animator?

I'm also always welcome to accepting idea bouncers and the like. Never bad to have an extra brain.

What I Ask Of You, and What I can Give
Currently, this is a FREE project. I hope to do a Kickstarter, but since Kickstarter is how it is and that'll be a long way from now either way, this means that you won't be paid all that quickly if payment comes up. However, if a kickstarter is funded and works out well, you will get a percentage of the money for your work.

Whether you get paid or not, though, you are free to use me as a reference, and the project as well, on resumes and anything else. Also, you will get full credit for your work.

My only request is if possible that you give us samples of past work. For a music composer, that'd be sample music obviously, and a background artist can just send us general backgrounds done before, etc. This is just to make sure art and such fits the theme and the rest of the game. Also, I do hope everyone will be comfortable working together.

If you're interested in joining the team, either post here or send me a PM...The same goes for any questions you may have! Please be comfortable or willing to learn how to work with google docs, by the way...And if you have a skype, don't be afraid to tell me so we can all work together there too!

Hoping to get lots of wonderful people's aid, and to make this game fun for all in the future.

-Jaluna Rolik

Marionette
Regular
Completed: https://marionette.itch.io/
Projects: Get Meowt of Here
Deviantart: rexx9224
itch: marionette
Discord: Marionette#2995

Re: Deadly Heart Needs People Again!

#2 Post by Marionette »

Id be interested in helping out as a programmer if youll have me. :3
Though could you let me know a little more about the kinds of things you would need done?
(And if you need details of previous work etc let me know and ill see what I can dig up)

Juneberry
Regular

#3 Post by Juneberry »

Marionette wrote:Id be interested in helping out as a programmer if youll have me. :3
Though could you let me know a little more about the kinds of things you would need done?
(And if you need details of previous work etc let me know and ill see what I can dig up)
Hi Marionette! I'm glad you're interested! If possible, could you elaborate on what you're curious to know regarding what will be needed? Because my only logical answer that I can think to give is to ask that, as well as to note the definitive requirements will include understanding/being able to code using Renp'y (at least, that seems the most basic requirement?) and being comfortable with having a lot to code (since there's four storylines total). It's also important to note this will definitely require a point system of some sort. Other abilities aren't as much necessary, but if you have ideas and such, definitely make sure to tell us?

So...Basically...What's your comfort zone/what you need to know?

Marionette
Regular
Completed: https://marionette.itch.io/
Projects: Get Meowt of Here
Deviantart: rexx9224
itch: marionette
Discord: Marionette#2995

#4 Post by Marionette »

Juneberry wrote:
Marionette wrote:Id be interested in helping out as a pthat it takesammer if youll have me. :3
Hi Marionette! I'm glad you're interested! If possible, could you elaborate on what you're curious to know regarding what will be needed? Because my only logical answer that I can think to give is to ask that, as well as to note the definitive requirements will include understanding/being able to code using Renp'y (at least, that seems the most basic requirement?) and being comfortable with having a lot to code (since there's four storylines total). It's also important to note this will definitely require a point system of some sort. Other abilities aren't as much necessary, but if you have ideas and such, definitely make sure to tell us?

So...Basically...What's your comfort zone/what you need to know?
Sorry, i didn't mean to be vague I just wanted to know if you had anything complex planned that I should know about. Like rpg sections or battles or minigames etc. Since some people like to include those. Lol
It wasn't that I wouldn't do certain things, just that more complexity means that it takes more time to plan and implement. :3

Hopefully we can work together, it should be fun. :3

Allegra Hughes
Veteran
Projects: Bitter Truth, Two Faced
Organization: Chisa Studios

#5 Post by Allegra Hughes »

As an assistant writer and manager for this project, along with someone who worked with Jaluna for the NaNoRen One Leaf Clover, I just want to say that Jaluna is an amazing person to work with and I've had so much fun on this project :)

I hope we can find more interested and dedicated people to make an amazing visual novel!

Juneberry
Regular

#6 Post by Juneberry »

Sakura: I'm pretty sure you're the amazing one, considering you did like 99 percent of the work on that in the end. But I'm flattered by the praise :3

Marionette: Ah, okay! Well, depending on GUI and your personal opinions on certain parts of the story/how to incorporate them, that may be plausible to think about those types of systems, but basic coding and such should overall be fine, and I'll want your input no matter what we do in general since you're the one doing the work. :) Do you mind my adding you to skype to discuss further?

Joshua1207
Regular
Projects: composed for: Sweetest Monster, AIdol, Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet
Organization: Mock Off
Soundcloud: Joshua1207

#7 Post by Joshua1207 »

How far are you into the writing process so far? I'm just curious how much you've gotten done or if this is still mainly in the "idea" part of the project.
https://soundcloud.com/joshua1207
My newest hits^

Contact me if you need a composer!

Juneberry
Regular

#8 Post by Juneberry »

Joshua: In regards to writing, things are currently in the outlining phase. There are four storylines which do have some differences (one more than the others), and outlining is taking its time, but I'd say it's at least over 50% done. I've just had a slight block on the main one I've been working on. Sakura's been helping doing two of the other ones using it as a base, so they're doing around the same amount. The fourth one is farther behind though for certain at the moment. But the planning/outlining process is still underway.

dezert99
Projects: An Attempt at Reform

#9 Post by dezert99 »

I would also love to help with the programming if you would have me! Im currently trying to start a project of my own but i cant seem to find someone who will help me with sprites specially for free.