█████▓▒░ UNCLE MUGEN'S FREE VN (OELVN) RESOURCES ░▒▓█████

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
khnachi
Veteran
Location: Somewhere in those 7,107 islands in the Philippines.

Re: █████▓▒░ UNCLE MUGEN'S FREE VN (OELVN) RESOURCES ░▒▓████

#421 Post by khnachi »

mugenjohncel wrote:
bayad_na_ba_yan.jpg
In use (Click for larger view)... I just don't have the willpower to hold my giggle to be able to think and translate this in English... I'll just leave that task to anyone else who can :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)
hahahaha, I just read this just now,..hahahaha
omg, what is air?haha
ahem*
well my horrible laugh aside I just wanted you to know that I'm using some of your free bgs to one of my comic projects, let me tell ya that your fabulous jeepney bg is just the the thing I'm looking for, thank you so much for sharing it. :mrgreen:

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#422 Post by mugenjohncel »

It's been a while and I think I may have lost my touch... time to get back my previous pace...

Nothing special, just some ordinary street using previous model resource... same terms as previous resources...
street_ordinary.jpg
"POOF" (Disappears)

DNAniel213
Regular
Completed: None.....yet...
Projects: "An Erudite's Heart"
Organization: S.E.R.N.
IRC Nick: DNAniel213

#423 Post by DNAniel213 »

Tito Mugen. You do not know how overjoyed I am seeing these free art resources! :D
(though I may be exaggerating about the overjoyed part. But well, I'm really happy and relieved.)(And I've played most of your games and survived without any major concussion.)

Worry not, for soon I shall be well-packed with the art of programming. Then I'd be able to par with graphic artists of your caliber. So for now, I'll stick to the basics. Or whatever a fifteen-year-old in his first year college can accomplish.. Although I am doing all the work in my visual novel, my backgrounds always somehow defy physics. I have no idea about vanishing points and the like, but I do know anatomy.

And oh, this could be a sort of introduction since this is my first participative-esque activity in lemmasoft.
So.... HI EVERYONE!!!!

Bto3
Regular
Completed: Naomi, VC: Simple Answers, Out of Sync
Projects: Vibrant Color, Out of Sync
Organization: Paper Star Studios
IRC Nick: B3_/Bto3
Tumblr: paperstarstudios
itch: Bto3

#424 Post by Bto3 »

I have to thank you for making this thread and therefore introducing me to Jeepneys, which are probably the most amazing vehicle I've ever seen. I mean, it's a great form of recycling, they can take people places, anyone can make them, and duct tape is a part of them.

I've gone through every single page of this thread and I have to say, thank you so much for making this thread full of amazing resources! I know I'm definitely using some of them (like the school building).

yellowflowerevy
IRC Nick: Evy

#425 Post by yellowflowerevy »

Hio Uncle Mugen! I was wondering do you have any of those Sakura tree pictures? Like with petals flying or with out? I am honestly never sure if they are in parks or there are random sakura tree forests around. But I would really like to have one for a festival.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#426 Post by mugenjohncel »

yellowflowerevy wrote:Hio Uncle Mugen! I was wondering do you have any of those Sakura tree pictures? Like with petals flying or with out? I am honestly never sure if they are in parks or there are random sakura tree forests around. But I would really like to have one for a festival.
OK, I don't really have cherry blossom nor anything like that in my 3D library so let's just take some random tree and change the color of the leaves to pink and pretend it's Cherry Blossom and hopefully get away with it :mrgreen:
lets_pretend_they_are_cherry_blossom.jpg
"POOF" (Disappears)

Artemisia

#427 Post by Artemisia »

OMG, you look like a random pervert, but you're as nice as Mother Teresa! I'm obsessed with making my own backgrounds, but what you're doing here is super appreciate-able! Thank you, Mugen-san!

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#428 Post by MaiMai »

I have some BG suggestions you could try out if you're able Mugen.

1) Dining areas, specifically the interiors. Examples are a school cafeteria, a diner, fancy restaurant, or cafe.
2) A western style church/chapel. It can be exterior or interior, I think that would be interesting and people may have some use for it. Heck, it doesn't even have to have a clear denomination, just a church looking building and that way anyone could apply anything to it.
3) There is no three, I couldn't think of anything else. :P
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

#429 Post by OokamiKasumi »

mugenjohncel wrote:Long story short. I wanted to hear what type of BG's you guys you are looking for. Right now, my favorite BG to make during my experiments / spare time are School and Japanese Styled / Urban cluttered residential areas... and I ended up with a large number of such BG's... so I wanted to hear your side so I can have some direction where to proceed with my never ending quest for that Cheap and Quick sketchup BG's while you and others get your desired BG... if possible with a brief description.

But let's get things straight... this is not "I will take your BG request thread" but rather "I'm bored and I can't decide what theme of BG I'll experiment with next"...
"POOF" (Disappears)
Considering all the fantasy themed games being made, how about castle grounds and interiors, or palace grounds and interiors? I realize that these may be a bit very far out of your specialty zone, but I'm sure you'd come up with some brilliant results. (Mainly because you always do.)
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar

fioricca
Veteran
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten

#430 Post by fioricca »

I second dining areas :D You already have a strong selection of gakuen BGs, how about adding more nichijou BGs to complement it? If we get a cafeteria, a cinema, or other dating related places -- or maybe even a dorm (ohoho can you imagine all the juicy moments) -- then students wouldn't have to be stuck in the school compound all the time.

Also, small request from me: I can't see your BGs anymore and I conclude it's because they're hosted on imgur? It was recently been blocked in my country ;_;

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#431 Post by papillon »

Some things that might be handy to people with free game ideas, other than the fantasy ideas already mentioned:

More date spots. Stuff like a mall interior, an ice cream vendor, inside a cinema, a pool, an amusement park, or a romantic restaurant.

Spaceship Interior. The insides of a spaceship tend to look alike so you wouldn't need too many options to have a pretty good space set. A bridge, a cramped bedroom with porthole window, a corridor, an engine room, a mess hall, and you've already got enough for several stories.

llirium
Regular
Projects: Aurora Fall (editor, as Xyllirium)

#432 Post by llirium »

(gah, copied and pasted. why do I not read anymore?)

Well, this was part of an idea for a VN I might never make, but so long as you're bored. ^^;

How about very empty, white rooms, maybe in the middle of moving/packing. Extremely small, spartan bedrooms. Or maybe sparse hospital/hospice rooms (but with a little character)?

Probably sounds boring (and sort of done before *cough*Kana*cough*), I know, but I guess I see it as a "vanilla" challenge of sorts: Vanilla is the "basic" ice cream flavour, but a shit-ton of work goes into making it good enough, though you would never guess from tasting it. I admire the amount of work you've put into all of these BGs, and plain is not necessarily easy.

Up for the challenge? ;)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#433 Post by mugenjohncel »

Hmm... OK let's try something a "little bit different" from the usual...
oriental_day.jpg
oriental_night.jpg
ancient_ruins.jpg
"POOF" (Disappears)

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

#434 Post by Pyonkotchi »

for new kinds of backgrounds i think more interiors of really anything tbh. you have tons of outsides of shops and houses and stuff but hardly any "inside" except for school ackgrounds

so stuff like bedrooms, living rooms, kitchens dining rooms, maybe bathrooms. insides of various kinds of shops like grocery or clothing or convenience stores. restaurants, fast food joints, bakeries, bars, movie theaters, mall interiors,

and maybe try out different kindsof schools? like a school for little kids with lots of cute kiddie furnitures and a play ground, or a college campus,

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#435 Post by thebackup »

MaiMai wrote: 1) Dining areas, specifically the interiors. Examples are a school cafeteria, a diner, fancy restaurant, or cafe.
Considering the VN I'm working on is cafe-themed, I could greatly benefit from that! An exterior would be nice too. :)

Some other ideas:
- Entryway of a house, with / without stairs
- Airplane interior
- Banks
- Post office
- Cemetery
- Underpass, with a river
- Farms, like with a field of wheat, barn, and a silo