[paid] Sprite and clothing artist needed [apply within]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Dharker
Regular

[paid] Sprite and clothing artist needed [apply within]

#1 Post by Dharker »

Hey all! We recently lost one of our newest artists and are now on the hunt for some people who can replace the work they were going to do.

Essentially we currently have some basic male and female templates for visual novel games, that we are using to create a kind of anime character creator mini game. We currently have the base templates as large high resolution .psd files.

What we need are artists who can aim to match the current style of the art and add new clothing, hair and accessories to the existing .psd files on new layers. And possibly to make some basic edits to the current clothing layers that already exist. E.g. separating a school uniform layer into two layers for the skirt and the top separatly.

This mini-game was funded via a kickstarter campaign as an extra to the main game we are working on and so is paid, also we would be looking to use the same artists in our next game a sci fi visual novel game that will begin development later in the year.

Here are some examples of the male and female templates and existing hair and clothing styles, Please note we are looking for slightly more additions to the male template, but let us know your preference if you would only want to work on adding items to one or two templates.

Female Template Examples:
http://sta.sh/27ri6lnj83

Male Template Examples:
http://sta.sh/29zw30ontji

We would be looking to add new hairstyles, new tops, new bottoms, swimwear, cosplay, scifi clothes, accessories, shoeware and possibly alternate face styles and eye colours. With a rough budget of about $1-$10 per item depending on complexity. With each item needing to be delivered in multiple colours and for the female template tops to match a few different bust sizes.

So you would not need to design the full body as that has already been completed, only adding new hairstyles within multiple colour versions, and new clothing in multiple colours and for the female template matching the three bust sizes.

Hope I have given enough information, I hope to hear from many soon as I would be interested in starting commissions immediately. Payment wise I prefere to send via paypal, ideally the sketch is completed first then payment made and final item completed.

I will use dropbox to deliver the files. Essentially you will receive the base template with a few clothing items already included to give you a few examples to help you match the colouring style of the existing clothing and hairstyles. Then you would simply need to add the new layers to the existing .psd file and update it on dropbox.

Feel free to contact me via email on tilley_adam@hotmail.com or respond below! Hopefully there's someone out there who wants to be apart of this project!

Thank you!
Last edited by Dharker on Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sorakun
Regular
Completed: Techno Titans, Blood Metal Exorcism, Tom Cruiser, Mechadin, UPlay
IRC Nick: Sorakun

Re: [paid] Sprite and clothing artist needed [apply within]

#2 Post by Sorakun »

You mixed up the male and the female links, just so you know

Mothball

#3 Post by Mothball »

i would be interested in your project but was wondering if it is possible to get my hands on either the male or female base to see if i could adjust style wise? wouldnt want to apply and later figure out that i just cant match that style :S doesnt have to be the high-res original either if you're reluctant to let that one go

Dharker
Regular

#4 Post by Dharker »

*Face to Palm*

Thanks for the note, edited :)

Dharker
Regular

#5 Post by Dharker »

Mothball wrote:i would be interested in your project but was wondering if it is possible to get my hands on either the male or female base to see if i could adjust style wise? wouldnt want to apply and later figure out that i just cant match that style :S doesnt have to be the high-res original either if you're reluctant to let that one go
Hi, that shouldn't be a problem.

If you can send me an email to tilley_adam@hotmail.com I will get a download link for a slightly lower version of the templates to you so you can have a play around before we start work... The same goes for anyone else who might be unsure if they can match the style, I am happy to work with several artists for this as we want to build quite a few options for both templates.