Indonesian to English Translator!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Kusanagi

Indonesian to English Translator!

#1 Post by Kusanagi »

Weeehe, my first thread (also, first post)! Anyway, on to business:

Today, I saw reviews of VNs made by an Indonesian person; granted the VN itself actually wasn't really good, but the review said that the grammar was... atrocious, really. The author spoke up and said that he had translated the whole thing himself because nobody wanted to translate it without being paid. It's very sad imo, the VN itself could've been a bit more OK-ish if it had better English.

So that's why I'm here (also the reason I decided to make an account).

Granted my grammar is not perfect (heck, you can probably see it firsthand from this post), but I'm rather sure that I could do it decently, at least. I'm not boasting though!! After all, I trust other people's judgment more than my own \o/

Well, that's the gist of it. Indonesian -> English translator here, in case anyone needed my services. I love VNs to death and I especially want to help fellow Indonesians to get into VN-creating; I might not be able to help much aside from translating, but as an avid fan of VNs I could probably pitch in some comments too.

(I actively write fictions in English and I could link a few in case anyone wants to see it u v u)

storymasterq

Re: Indonesian to English Translator!

#2 Post by storymasterq »

Hey, I'm Indonesian and my English grammar is awesome, too (come on, just admit it. Your grammar is not 'not perfect', it's 'awesome' :D) Let me join you in offering translation services, then.

I used to write for fanfiction.net back in the day, but work and bills got the best of that, pity. Look me up over there if you like.
Proofreading for Free - here - Current project(s): None

Currently working on: My first VN, a futuristic slice-of-life with a hint of romance.

shilkefair
Regular
Completed: Winter Bliss~meeting you~
Projects: Black rosette [VN], Selene

Re: Indonesian to English Translator!

#3 Post by shilkefair »

I totally understand, i'm an indonesian myself and sometimes it's really hard for me to write a story completely in english. I don't have much confident in my grammar, it's nice to see that someone is willing to translate indonesian to English because it's really hard to find anywhere right now.
right now i'm looking for someone who can help me with my writing and looking for someone who can speak indonesian as well, i'm in the middle of my second VN called BLACK ROSETTE and just wondering if you're interested on helping me?
lastly, just wanted to thank you for offering your service^^