Nar8 Jam: A Game Jam for the Modern Storyteller

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

Nar8 Jam: A Game Jam for the Modern Storyteller

#1 Post by Haze »

Hey guys, just thought I'd spread the word about a game jam coming up that looks perfect for visual novels: the Nar8 Jam!

It'll be taking place from the 8th(tomorrow) of June to the 30th, and the main goal of the jam is to create a game that tells a great story-- something I think VNs are definitely good at.

Here's a link to the jam, if you're interested!
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

lovebby
Regular
Deviantart: lovebby

Re: Nar8 Jam: A Game Jam for the Modern Storyteller

#2 Post by lovebby »

Oh how fun! I'm working on another game jam that ends around the same time, but maybe I'll have some spare time :D

peapodprincess
Regular

#3 Post by peapodprincess »

This looks really awesome. Maybe I'll finally get off my butt and make my first visual novel.

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

#4 Post by Haze »

10 days left until the jam is over! If you guys, lovebby and peapodprincess, make games for it, I'll definitely try and free up some time to play them. :D

Anyone else participating in Nar8?
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon