Remember these days (GXB) (Hiatus)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Firefly
Regular
Projects: Remember these days, My sunflowers keeper
Organization: Firefly Games
Deviantart: Caystar

Re: Remember these days (GXB) (Updated 8/26/13- Screenshots)

#46 Post by Firefly »

WickedRaccoon wrote:(≧▽≦) The scenes are so cute! I'm looking foward to this game!!
Personally, I would like to have a few side-characters. Kinda gives a different feeling to it. But it's your choise, so I'm go with whatever you choose. :)
Cheers!
I'm glad you think so xD and I think you're right about side-characters changing the feeling, which would definitely make the game better overall.
rock_an9el wrote:Agreed, having side characters would give it a bit more of a real worl feeling to the game, since in real life you probably would meet at least one of his 6 sisters xD
But really, whatever you decide is fine, and I won't mind either way. :)
You're right about the real world feeling , so to add side characters that are girls would definitely make it seem more realistic.

Thanks for your opinions :D I'll be working on the female side-character sprites so that I'll be able to put them in the demo.
Update 9/7: Mia and Mayu sprites added, working on designs of the other sprites
Update 10/11: MC mother added, sorry for lack the of updates, I've been trying to keep actively working on the game but with school and everything else piling up it's been really difficult. I'll try to update more frequently with my progress.
update 10/27: It's been nearly impossible for me to find time to work on this, so for the time being I'm putting this project on hold. I'm really sorry about this for anyone waiting for the game, once things settle down I'll start working on it again.
~Fireflys are the stars of the Earth~

http://caystar.deviantart.com/

KiYa

Re: Remember these days (GXB) (Hiatus)

#47 Post by KiYa »

Just finished my final exams today, and immediately opens my laptop to see this thread..
Ahh, I see, so you're putting it on hiatus.. That's okay, I understand that school works matters and all but hey, I hope you're doing okay~ I'll definitely wait for you, Firefly! :D Am rooting you from the dark corner. Go! Go!
*Too busy playing PSP to make a signature*

Firefly
Regular

#48 Post by Firefly »

KiYa wrote:Just finished my final exams today, and immediately opens my laptop to see this thread..
Ahh, I see, so you're putting it on hiatus.. That's okay, I understand that school works matters and all but hey, I hope you're doing okay~ I'll definitely wait for you, Firefly! :D Am rooting you from the dark corner. Go! Go!
Thanks, I'm glad that you're still looking forward to this game. :D My finals actually finish next Friday, so once those are over I'll have more time to work on it. That's when I'll take it off Hiatus for a while. During that time I'll most likely finish the demo by the beginning of Janurary if things go as planned this time, I'm hoping they do because the demo is really close to being completely done.

I'm sorry to make you guys wait longer :(

Kagura
Regular

#49 Post by Kagura »

Waa~~ sugoii!! It looks cute!~ Well, I'll be waiting for this ^-^

I can do voice actings and help with the story~
Just message me if y'need help c:

Junesong
Regular

#50 Post by Junesong »

Kawaii! I'll definitely keep an eye on this game, I love Kyoya!

shiho14
Regular

#51 Post by shiho14 »

Good Luck on your finals and I hope you'll do fine :)

Excitedly waiting for the demo so I'll be silently stalking this thread :P

Firefly
Regular

#52 Post by Firefly »

Kagura wrote:Waa~~ sugoii!! It looks cute!~ Well, I'll be waiting for this ^-^
Junesong wrote:Kawaii! I'll definitely keep an eye on this game, I love Kyoya!
Thanks, I'm glad there is an interest in Kyoya, his dialouge is the most fun to write :3
shiho14 wrote:Good Luck on your finals and I hope you'll do fine :)

Excitedly waiting for the demo so I'll be silently stalking this thread :P
Thanks so much :D

It will be taken off of hiatus after my last final tomorrow, so until then...

12/20: Officially off of Hiatus XD
12/26: A Little update. So far I have kept to my schedule and have checked through Ch.1 of all the characters. I just have to double check Ch.2 and Ch. 3 for the characters. After thats done I have to finish the few Bgs that I started and replace the temp. backgrounds with them. It should be completely done within the next 2 weeks.
12/29: Estimated demo release date : January 10, 2014

Kagura
Regular

Re: Remember these days (GXB)

#53 Post by Kagura »

Oh and btw c: good luck ~! XD

It'sJustSoCuteIdkWat:l
I'll go back with slenderman for awhile =3='

I can do voice actings and help with the story~
Just message me if y'need help c:

Firefly
Regular

Re: Remember these days (GXB)

#54 Post by Firefly »

Kagura wrote:Oh and btw c: good luck ~! XD

It'sJustSoCuteIdkWat:l
I'll go back with slenderman for awhile =3='

Update: Still checking ch.2 and 3, also trying to program a gallery, but its not going well so I'm not sure if I'll include it in the demo.... I also have to work on Touyas' Sister sprite b/c I forgot she was in ch.2 of Touya's route. I seem to be making alot of mistakes with the coding but I'll make sure to release the demo by the date I set, hopefully without any errors. :?
update 1/1: I finally figured out the gallery so I'm going to add some of the shots of the gallery screen and other screen. OH and Happy New year!! xD
screen ex 1.png
screen ex 2.png

KiYa

Re: Remember these days (GXB) (Update 1/1- added screen shot

#55 Post by KiYa »

Argh, finally back from the camp, and again, stalking this thread right away..
Yay! A gallery! I like VNs that includes gallery, since I'll be able to know whether I've completed all endings or not through the pictures obtained.
Nice job again Firefly~ I knew how hard you're working on this project! :D
Ooh, by the way, judging by the appearance of Hotaru and Kuro, am I hinting the birth of another project after RTD? If so, that would be awesome! I can't wait for RTD to finish and I am hoping that I'll hear more from you! Keep working on it, and don't rush so much~
*Too busy playing PSP to make a signature*

Firefly
Regular

Re: Remember these days (GXB) (Update 1/1- added screen shot

#56 Post by Firefly »

KiYa wrote:Argh, finally back from the camp, and again, stalking this thread right away..
Yay! A gallery! I like VNs that includes gallery, since I'll be able to know whether I've completed all endings or not through the pictures obtained.
Nice job again Firefly~ I knew how hard you're working on this project! :D
Ooh, by the way, judging by the appearance of Hotaru and Kuro, am I hinting the birth of another project after RTD? If so, that would be awesome! I can't wait for RTD to finish and I am hoping that I'll hear more from you! Keep working on it, and don't rush so much~
Yeah I know what you mean, galleries are nice just hard to program.
You're right about Hotaru and Kuro. I do have a different project in mind for those two in which they are romancable, but they're both in different games, so it will take a while for me to start those because those are only ideas at the moment. So after RTD is completely done I'll probably start working on those ideas which will most likly take on a fairytale theme. In the RTD prologue before you decide the department you're in, there is a refrence to Kuro's game and his love interest ;). I'll eventually either redo their shade/highlights/ change their sprites a bit to make them look a little better though. Since they're side characters in this I'm leaving their sprites alone for the moment.

Update: I've actually updated the guys sprites using slightly different shades/highlights. As I was going through the chapters I didn't like the way they appeared in their previous versions, so I changed them. If anyone would prefer the older version let me know. I just prefer the newer ones. ( I replaced the front page sprites)
Also I am working on the remaining art aspects, backgrounds. I actually decided to include a demo after image at the end of each route no matter the choices you make as a way to thank everyone for being patient with me and waiting for the demo. So each character will have their own image at the end. I have all of those done.
Update 1/26: Still working on the BG's, they're taking alot more time than I thought they would. I'll try to release the demo as soon as I finish with the remaining backgrounds. Sorry for the wait. :oops:
Update 2/9: Sorry, this has too go back on hiatus until I can find the time to finish it. I don't want to leave this open because it looks like I'll be busy for a little while.

rock_an9el
Regular
Completed: Midnight's Cafe, Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: Hush hush
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#57 Post by rock_an9el »

Still keeping my eye on this! ;) But it's okay, I know how it feels to be swamped with schoolwork. (x___x)
Soo good luck with everything, and I hope you will find time to continue this :)
Sending you good vibes!! :D
Image Image Image

Firefly
Regular

#58 Post by Firefly »

rock_an9el wrote:Still keeping my eye on this! ;) But it's okay, I know how it feels to be swamped with schoolwork. (x___x)
Soo good luck with everything, and I hope you will find time to continue this :)
Sending you good vibes!! :D
Thanks so much , I'm glad people are still looking forward to this. (At this point it's a big relief, especially since you've been like watching this since the beginning)

Update:I actually just finished finals and everything last week so I'm starting to work on it more. I updated Shiori's sprite and am still creating some BG's. They just take me a while since I don't normally make them.

Finished BGs:
Art room final day.png
Cadims art room in his house......a little plain but it took me quite a while
living room final day.png
Cadim's living room, I tried to make it fancy. I made some alterations and made it into a living room for the MC's house as well.
MSK bedroom final day.png
This is Ryo's bedroom, I am making some changes with the color and items to make it into Hitsujis' bedroom which shouldn't take too much time.

I have to finish a waiting room for Ryo's house as well. It should take me a little time but I can finally see the demo release date just over the hill :D

Update 5/27 : Remade Hotaru and Kuro sprites (colors, shades etc.)

asakura9
Projects: Still secret.

Re: Remember these days (GXB) (sprite updated 5/27)

#59 Post by asakura9 »

I've been looking at your thread for a little while and I just wanna say that you're doing great ! ^^
Your BGs are well done. I really suck at this...
Sorry for my bad english.

Firefly
Regular

Re: Remember these days (GXB) (status updated 6/10)

#60 Post by Firefly »

asakura9 wrote:I've been looking at your thread for a little while and I just wanna say that you're doing great ! ^^
Your BGs are well done. I really suck at this...
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. :D

Additional finished bgs:
Car inside bg night.png
The inside of one of Touya's family cars (Tried to make it fancy but failed...) I have a day version, this one is the night version.
traditional living room final.png
Ryo's house, a traditional living room. Again failed at the backyard :(

Background update: I have completely finished all of the backgrounds and have modified the other ones for the different routes.

Update: I'm finishing coding the gallery but haven't figured out how to make sure there's a background for the chibi scenes in the gallery, since it appears on top of the background in the stories. It will take me some going through the ren'py forums to figure out how to fix it. After that I just have to finalize the routes and make sure things look okay. Then I can release the demo. It shouldn't take me too much longer.
Question: For the downloading site for the game, which websites do you all perfer to download the game from? I've never uploaded anything to one of those sites, do you guys have any recommendations?